Aa： 1、 Cc： 2、 B. Ee： 3、A. B. D. 4、 5、 B. 6、 Gg： 7、A. (g的发音) B. C. D. 8、 Ii： 9、A. B. 10、A. Oo： 11、A. B. C. D. 12、A. B. C. D. 13、 14、 15、 16、 17、 18、A. B. C. 19、A . B. D. ） Ss： 20、 Tt： 21、A. B. C. D. 22、
1.B 2C 3D 4C 5A 6A 7A 8B 9D 10A
11A 12D 13D 14B 15A 16A 17D 18B 19D 20C 21A 22A
1，A.匹配√B.快C. D.伤心 抄送：
10，√A.记B.限制C. D.城市以来 吴：
1 A .South B loudly C bought D brown
2 A exercise B exit C text D expensive
3 A city B mind C commit D since
4 A case B nose C list D sight
5 A text B expensive C exercise D exit
6 A how B operate C on D a
7 A cold B old C whole D some
8 A good B moon C look D book
9 A grammar B large C gay D glory
10 A sight B case C nose D list
11 A daughter B enough C fight D neighbor
12 A ground B about C out D would
13 A low B now C grow D Snow
14 a brown b south c loudly d bought
15 a with b time c light d like
16 a large b gay c glory d grammar
17 a exercise b exit c text d expensive
18 a noise b place c office d horse
19 A match B fast C have D sad
20 A whole B some C cold D old
21 A fast B have C said D match
22 A libraries B grapes C changes D tables
23 A either B though C through D another
24 .A mind B limit C since D city
25 A have B sad C match D fast
3．A市乙心Ç提交ð自 例乙鼻子ÇD名单视线 文字乙贵C行使D出口 6乙如何操作C对D A
16个大B同性恋ç荣耀 - 语法
CDBBB ADBBC BDBDA ADABB AACAD
A. holiday B. some C. come D. cover
A.thousand B. surround C. cloudy D. should
A.great B. fate C. palace D. grade
A. move B. notice C. motor D. whole
A.choose B. flood C. spoon D. food
A.grapes B. Changes C. tables D. libraries
A. enough B. fight C. neighbor D. daughter
A. would B. ground C. about D. out
A. large B. gay C. glory D. grammar
A.brown B. south C. loudly D. bought
A. thrown B. and then C. the results D. their
A. and B. are C. for D. Now
A.arrived B. can see C. of the D. that
A.instead of B. lie C. in bed D. working
A. there B. than C. driving a car D. easier
A. match B. fast C. have D. sad
A,cold B. old C. whole D. some
A. through B. another C. either D. though
A. out B. would C. ground D. about
A.neighbor B. fight C. enough D. daughter
A. boug t B. brown C. south D. loudly
A. out B. would C. ground D. about
A. sight B. case C. nose D. list5.
A.daughter B. enough C. fight D. Neighbor
A. move B. notice C. motor D. whole
A.thousand B. surround C. cloudy D. should
A. holiday B. some C. come D. cover
A.choose B. flood C. spoon D. food
A.great B. fate C. palace D. Grade
3. . A.很大B.命运√C. D.级宫殿
12. . √A. B. C. D.
14. √B.谎言而不是在床上C. D.工作
16. A比赛√B.速度快C. D.伤心
18. √A.通过B.另一C.要么D.虽然 出
19. √A. B. C.地面D.有关
21. √A.买B.棕色C.南D.大声 出
22. √A. B. C.地面D.有关
23. A视线B.情况√C.鼻子D. list5。
29. A很大B.命运√C. D.级宫殿
第 1 页 共 7 页
13. scratch ——check
14. master ——tiresome
15. pigoen ——Jewish
16. opposite ——balloon
17. scatter ——gravity
18. pressure ——directly
19. float ——bellows
20. twinkle ——drink
21. essay ——away
22. splendid ——wretched
23. singer ——tongue
24. mountain ——captain
25. owner ——narrow
26. mouth ——south
27. stomach ——books
28. century ——actual
29. forehead ——regret
30. chapter ——check
31. period ——perseverance
32. counter ——south
33. eyebrow ——town
34. geography ——remark
35. replied ——entered
36. candle ——taxi
37. cross ——fond
38. postmark ——chance
39. appear ——atmosphere
40. stamps ——desks
41. irrigate ——mirror
42. waist ——paint
43. improve ——include
44. quiet ——society
45. behind ——blind
第 1 页 共 7 页 46. latent ——squirrel 47. flood ——blood 48. cookie ——wolf 49. mud ——lung 50. creature ——belief1
1. The bridge was named after the hero who gave his life for the cause of the people.
2. There were no tickets available for Friday’s performance.
3. Many new opportunities will be opened up in the future for those with a university
4. The rain was heavy and consequently the land was flooded.
5. The engine gives off smoke and steam.
6. Don’t release this news to the public until we give you the go-ahead.
7. My camera can be adjusted to take pictures in cloudy or sunny conditions.
8. Children who are over-protected by their parents may become spoiled.
9. When Mr.Jones gets old, he will hand over his business to his son.
10. Some old people don’t like pop songs because they can’t resist so much noise.
11. It was difficult to guess what her reaction to the news would be.
12. There were some artificial flowers on the table.
13. We are interested in the weather because it affects us directly what we wear,
what we do, where we go and even how we feel.
14. Chlidren are very curious by nature.
15. I hope my teacher will take my recent illness into consideration when judging
16. When I was very young, I was terribly frightened of school, but I soon got over
17. Many people complfanwen.wenku1.comain of the rapid pace of modern life.
18. American women were denied the right to vote until 1920 after many years of hard
19. He was ashamed of having asked such a silly question.
20. Mr.Morgan can be very sad in private , though in public he is extremely cheerful.
21. Students or teachers can participate in excursions to lovely beaches around the
island at regular intervals.
22. Physics is equivalent to the science which was called natural philosophy in
23. Finding a job in such a big company has always been beyond his wildest dreams.
24. It is not easy to learn English well, but if you hang on, you will succeed in
25. Last year the advertising rate rose by 20 percent.
26. The strong storm did a lot of damage to the coastal villages: several fishing
boats were wrecked and many houses collapsed.
27. You see the lightening the instant it happens, but you hear the thunder later.
28. The manager lost his temper just because his secretary was ten minutes late.
29. Please be careful when you are drinking coffee in case you stain the new carpet.
30. Convenience foods which are already prepared for cooking are available in grocery
31. Sixty percent of the readers chose her as their favorite writer.
32. Excuse me. I haven’t taken my textbook with me. Shall we share one?
33. The news you told me the other day has yet to be confirmed.
34. Quite a lot of people watch TV only to kill time.
35. Tom’s parents died when he was young, so he was brought up by his uncle.
36. The textile industry contributes greatly to the economy of Hong Kong.
37. Depending on intuition, Mary led us through an unknown part of the forest.
38. The little boy, who got home very late, was greatly relieved when he found out
he had been spared.
39. I was told that this cloth would not shrink in the wash, but it did.
40. He just couldn’t figure out what in the world she had been talking about all
41. The old lady felt very disappointed when her daughter forgot her birthday.
42. I’d like to go over the lessons once more before we take the exam tomorrow.
43. The little girl woke up screaming because she had a nightmare.
44. Would you please help me to wrap up the present for the old gentleman?
45. She has to reason to refuse John’s invitation.
46. Tom has got a decent job in a chemical factory.
47. Being poor is no disgrace while being dishonest certainly is.
48. When you read a book in a hurry, you can skip some less important details.
49. He used to have a hobby of stamp-collection, but he has given it up.
50. She talked to him for a long time and dissuaded him from doing that dangerous
1. (thirst)Do you have any water? Iam (thirsty)todeath.
2. (industry)The United States is an(industrialized) nation, so we still have a
long way to catch it.
3. (silent)She gave her husband a sharp look to (silence) him.
4. (economic)I am a college student now. My major is (economics).
5. (wonder)Don’t you think that’s a (wonderful)story?
6. (lie)It seems that he can always lie his way out of trouble. But sooner or later,
people will find him a (liar).
7. (patience)Nelson is certainly unfit for the teaching profession, for he is too
(impatient) with slow learners.
8. (child)He was born in China, spent his (childhood)in England, and now he is an
9. (disappoint)To our great (disappointment),Mrs White won’t be able to join us
in the party this weekend.
10. (invent)What an important(invention)he has made!
11. (able)Airplanes（enable）people to travel great distances rapidly.
12. (add)They need(additional)help to get the work done as planned.
13. (wide)The roads have to be (widened)so that problem of traffic jam can be solved.
14. (sharp)Your scissors needs to be (sharpened).
15. (honest)He said he would have nothing to do with(dishonest)people who always
16. (decide)While still a young boy, Louis made his(decision)to become a scientist.
17. (encourage)High interest rates (discourage)people from borrowing money from
18. (solve)We will not give up until we find a satisfactory (solution) to the problem.
19. (mystery)It was very (mysterious)how he had got into the room without being seen.
20. (produce)His farm is so (productive)that he grew more corn than he could sell.
21. (lock)Before you enter the house, you have to (unlock)the door.
22. (propose)I feel very sorry that the boss didn’t pay any attention to my
23. (unexpected)Frankly speaking, I didn’t (expect)to see you here.
24. (unusual)I (usually)go shopping on Sundays, but this coming Sunday I am going
25. (ordinary)This novel is(extraordinarily)interesting. I suggest you read it.
语法Part 3 Structure
1. It wasn’t such a good dinner (as) she had promised us.
2. They decided to chase the cow away (before) it did more damage.
3. (Any) student with a little common sense should be able to answer the question.
4. All (that) is a continuous supply of the basic necessities of life .
5. (When compared) with the size of the whole earth, the highest mountain does not
seem high at all.
6. He must have had an accident, or he (would have been here) then..
7. It was essential that the application forms (be sent) back before the deadline.
8. We (had just had) our breakfast when an old man came to the door.
9. The manager promised to keep me (informed) of how our business was going on.
10. She never laughed, (nor did she ever) lose her temper.
11. I decided to go to the library as soon as I (finish what I did).
12. The teacher doesn’t permit (smoking) in class.
13. I like watching TV (more than going) to the cinema.
14. I appreciate (being invited) to your home.
15. You (needn’t have done) all those calculations! We have a computer to do that
sort of thing.
16. The speaker, (known) for her splendid speeches, was warmly received by the
17. No sooner had we reached the top of the hill (that) we all sat down to rest.
18. Evidence came up (that) specific speech sounds are recognized by babies as young
as 6 months old.
19. The last time we had a family reunion was (at) my brother’s wedding ceremony
four years ago.
20. How close parents are to their children (has) a strong influence on the character
of the children.
21. Only a few minutes was (spent) learning how to use the telephone book.
22. Nature had equipped the fellow (with) two hands, but not ,obviously, (with) the
brains to use them properly.
23. When filled with a gas lighter than air, a balloon can (float) in the air.
24. Only when (he comes will it be) possible to settle this problem.
25. Since you have written to each other, you should (keep in touch with) him without
26. So excited (did he seem) that he could not say a word.
27. Obviously, his opinion is completely opposite (to) ours.
28. He began to speak to us in an (excited) and (trembling) voice.
29. It was not until the teacher came (that the students stopped talking).
30. -These students work very hard. -(So they do) I always find them studying.
31. Tom is the boy (who) I think scored the winning points for the basketball team.
32. Madame Curie is believed (to have discovered) radium.
33. (Whether it rains or not) is of no concem to me.
34. Later, Tom was told (why what) he had done was not necessary.
35. Would you consider (going) to Finland with us this summer?
36. (So) great was the destruction that the South took decades to recover.
37. I (wouldn't) talk that way if I were Peter.
38. I (didn't go) swimming until Father returned.
39. You ought not to (have told) him the news that day.
40. (It is only when) the people have become masters of their own country (that)
science can really serve the people.
41. This is my handbag, and that is (yours).
42. My wallet is made (of) leather. And what about yours?
43. Who is the man standing (over) there?
44. Excuse me, sir. I've lost my watch. Do you have (the) time?
45. What a shame! I could (no longer) to the movie with her.
46. She insist that i (go) to the movie with her.
47. No one could (live on) so little money a month.
48. He was put into prison (under) the law of this state.
49. Mark Twain was famous (for) his excellent writings.
50. The accident nearly (led to) a world war.
Memory when served those none good at arguments socially Suddenly put joy As for him time hand in graded loud Somebody pleasure for laugh
1. Don't talk about her son's behavior at school. It's a(n) (embarrassing) topic to her.
2. China has great (potential) to become an economic power in not too long a time.
3. That small country has (declared) independence.
4. The manger (insisted) that the new employees go through professional training
before they started working.
5. Alice is a quiet girl, She never gets (involved) in the womanish gossip of the class.
6. I hate to be (interrupted) when I'm speaking.
7. The deadline is only three days away. We can't (affond) the waste of a single minute in doing the work.
8. Old people tend to (stick to) traditional ideas.
9. The young clerk tries to earn more money by working (extra) hours.
10. She finally succeeded in (persuading) her husband to give up smoking.
11. You are lucky since you've never (lost) anything in your life.
12. What are you doing? I'm (searching) the bedroom for my wallet.
13. Even after the meeting they still couldn't agree with each other because that's a (controversial) topic.
14. Look!Someone has (spilt) tea on the floor.
15. Where have you been all this time? I've been (worried) about you.
16. Everybody has (wondered) if there is anything wrong with the boss, for he keeps shaking his head all the whole morning.
17. Before he is given the job in this company, everybody has to be (interviewed) by the manager.
18. How can I get to the top floor of this hotel? You may take the (lift).
19. When we make tea, we must always use (boiling) water.
20. My grandpa always listens to national and (international) news in the morning.
21. Wang Ping says that she doesn't like her physics teacher because she is very (strict) and makes them work very hard.
22. Do you (prefer) classes on TV or on the radio?
23. I'm watching a football game between England and Scotland. Look! England are (attacking) again.
24. Two policemen are watching the (secne) of a crime.
25. Listen! This is a telephone (conversation) between two friends.
26. Can you mend my bicycle? It has a (flat) tyre.
27. Tom told me he would be here at 8 o'clock. So I'm (expecting) him.
28. I'm watching
29. What a shame! The baby has been (scratched) by the pet cat.
30. Several customers are (complaining) to the manager about the terrible food of the restaurant.
语法Part 3 Structure
1. Dick won’t drive us to the station. He has (too small a car) to take us all.
2. What time does my flight leave (on) Tuesday?
3. I usually have a walk (on) Sunday morning.
4. It has been a long time (since) I saw you last time.
5. In this conversation, the TV interviewer is interviewing a person (about) her holiday aboard.
6. We (lived) in London from 1950 to 1960, but me (have moved) now.
7. (Being interested) in English, he’s never missed any English class.
8. He spoke as if he (had never lived) in England before.
9. I know you’re planning to travel this summer, but do you know (how much it will cost)?
10. The stolen necklace must be recovered (at any cost).
11. Let’s go, (shall we)?
12. He has not been to Paris yet, and (I haven’t either).
13. If she (were) to come tomorrow, I would tell her everything.
14. The line was busy; someone (must have been using) the telephone.
15. A pretty face may win friends but it takes character and personality to hold
16. In one year, about twenty million dolls were bought before Christmas. Dolls were by far (the most popular) Christmas toys.
17. I can read your thought so (well) that I know what you’re going to say.
18. Your little girl is becoming very rude. You (ought to) scold her.
19. I don’t remember (having seen him) before.
20. Please listen to me. It’s inappropriate for you to persist in (doing) this.
21. If we (had had) enough money, we could have stayed there a week longer.
22. He had difficulties making himself understood, but we didn’t (show any sign of) impatience.
23. Two old friends meet (by) chance in the street.
24. He is one of the students who (are) always on time.
25. Neither Larry’s father nor his mother (was) at home.
26. The famous Yong Le Bell is three times (as tall as a man).
27. It was not cool enough for us to sleep (well).
28. Marina is too young to (be left) in the house without a baby-sister.
29. Being written in pencil, the letter was difficult (to make) out.
30. It was unkind of you to do that. You (should not have) done so.
31. Shakespeare wrote many of his plays (during) the reigh of Queen Elizabeth 1.
A lot of natural resources in the mountain area are to be exploited and used. 那个山区有
All that glitters is not gold.33. 闪光的东西，未必都是金子。 Apples here like water and sunshine. 这里的苹果喜欢水和阳光。
As is known to all, China is a developing country. 众所周知，中国是一个发展中国家。 Bill hit his car into a wall last night. 31. 昨晚比尔开车时车撞到了墙上。
Each time history repeats itself, the price goes up. 历史每重演一次，代价就增加（一
Fred was such a hardworking student that he soon came our first in the class. 弗莱德是一
He has taught English in this university ever since he moved to this city.33. 自从他来到
I was having a nap when suddenly the telephone rang. 32. 我在睡觉时，电话铃突然响
If you decided to learn a new language, you would have to dedicate yourself
wholeheartedly to the cause.33． 如果你决定学一门新的语言，你必须全身心地投入。
In an age of plenty, we feel spiritual hunger.在这个物质财富充裕的时代，我们感到精神
In Foreign Languages Department, a checking machine is used to correct the students’ test
In no other country in the world can you find such plants as this one. 31. 像这种植物在
JANE为自己的城市自豪，当她当游客参观时从不感到厌烦。Jane was so proud of her
city that she was never bored of guiding the tourists to look around.
John and his brother diffefanwen.wenku1.comr in personality even if their differences in age are not significant.32． 尽管约翰和他哥哥在年纪上相差不大，但他们的个性却不相同。 Please give this book to whoever comes first. 请把这本书给最先来的人。
Ted and William have lived under the same roof for five years.泰德和威廉已经在同一个
The more passions we have, the more happiness we are likely to experience. 我们的激情
The most common samples of inorganic materials are the gases of the atmosphere, water,
rocks, etc. 大气中的气体、水、岩石都是无机物中最普通的实例。
The students are encouraged by their teacher to do more listening, reading and writing.老
There is a large amount of energy wasted due to friction. 由于摩擦而损耗了大量的能
This place has plentiful material resources. 这个地方的物质资源是丰富的。
Though it was late, they kept on working.尽管已经很晚了，他们还在继续工作。
Tom’s father has taught English here since he graduated from Peking University. 汤姆的
Transistors are small in size and light in weight. 31． 晶体管的体积小，重量轻。
Various substances differ widely in their magnetic characteristics.各种材料的磁性有很
Would you please help me with this heavy box? 32. 你能帮我抬一下这个很沉的箱子
You needn’t go there anymore. He already knows about it. 31. 你不必去了，他已经知道
18世纪末，英国迅速成为世界的工厂At the end of the 18th century, Britain became the
world’s factory quickly.
沉甸甸的果实压弯了树枝。The fruits were so heavy that they bent the branches.
除非他做错事，否则不会受到批评Unless he does something wrong, or he will not be
从他的语音说明他是外国人。His accent tells that he’s a foreigner. 当你在学校附近，尽管周围没有小孩，你也必须减慢你的速度。When you are near the
school, you must slow down, even though there is no child around
当他工作时，没有什么事件能打扰他。Nothing can interrupt him when he is working. 到18世纪末，英国正迅速成为世界的工厂。By the end of the eighteenth century England
was fast becoming the workshop of the world. 到了明年7月，我在这里读书将已三年了。By July of next year I shall have studied here
for three years. 到他来的时候，我们已经等了他两个小时了。We had been waiting for him for two hours
by the time he came. 到他来的时候，我们已经等了他两个小时了。We have been waiting for two hours when
毫无疑问，所有的电视节目都应该是有教育意义的。84、There is no doubt that all
television programs should be educational.
假如你昨天到达，你就能见到她。You would have seen her if you arrived yesterday. 尽管任务非常艰巨，我们仍然努力去完成。Although the task is very tough, we still try
our best to finish it.
尽管任务重时间紧，我们仍然努力去完成。Although there is not enough time for the
tough task, we still tried out best to accomplish it.
老师布置读多少章节作为家庭作业(assign)Teacher assigned the number of chapters
read as homework
老师布置了要读多少章节的作业？How many chapters should be read for homework
according to the teacher?
没有钢铁，就不会有现代化的工业。82、Without iron and steel (也可以用If there were
no iron and steel), there would be no modern industry.
你弄到这些足球票费了好大劲吧？Did you make great effort to get these football
喷气式飞机直到第二次世界大战才被使用。Jet hadn't been used until the Second World
全速进入大气层的飞船会彻底烧毁而消灭。85、A spaceship entering the earth's
atmosphere at full speed would burn up completely and disappear.
任务虽然艰巨，但我们一定要把它完成Alough the works are hard,we must finish
如果 我见到她 我会叫她等一下If I see her, I will ask her to wait a moment.
如果没有空气，地球上就不可能产生任何生命If there is no air, the earth would not
produce any life
是牛顿发现物体之间是互相吸引的。It was Newton who found that objects attract each
受到别人嘲笑，他受不了Ridiculed by others, he can not stand 他被禁止入城 (ban)。He was banned to enter the city. 他被禁止入城（ban）He was banned to enter the city.
他到达时，我们已经在那里等了2个小时。We’ve been waiting two hours when he
他的口音说明他是个外国人(betray)。His accent betrayed the fact that he was a foreigner. 他父亲发起脾气行为举止很粗鲁His father’s behavior is very rude when he loses his
他工作时，什么也不能分散他的心思(abstract)。Nothing can abstract his mind while he
他建议把计划作一些改动。81、He proposed to make (也可以用making) a change in
他们近期新建的机场距离城市20公里。The airport they build recently is 20 kilometers
away from the city.
他认为他的成功是他努力的结果。He believes that his success is the result of his efforts. 他心跳得如此之快，以至于他几乎喘不过气来 (beat)。His heart beats so fast that he
could hardly breathe.
他在申请一份职员工作。He was applying for a clerk.
她被迫等了一个多小时（make）。She was made to wait for more than an hour. 她很想获得颁奖She is eager to be awarded prizes.
她认为她的成功是努力的结果She think her success is the result of efforts.
她想知道是否下午5点后打电话更会省钱。She wonders if it is cheaper to make a
telephone call after 5 pm.
我建议你们早点动身去机场（suggest）。I suggest you leave for the airport earlier. 我可以问问他是否记得替你寄过一封信。I can remember for you to ask him if he sent
me a letter.
我恳求他们不要在她面前提起我的名字。I beg them not to mention my name before her. 我们的军队在那场战斗中获得胜利。Our army won that battle.
我们就供应牛奶与农场主讨价还价 (bargain)。We bargained the creamery
accommodation problem with the farmers.
我们就牛奶的供应与农场主计价还价。We bargain with the farmer about the supply of
我们完全意识到局势的严重性(aware)。We are totally aware of the serious situation. 我们完全意识到局势的严重性(aware)。We have been aware of the ponderance of the
我想知道如何解释空间通讯的重要性。I’d like to know how to explain the importance
of the space communication.
我在这里读书，到明年七月将近三年了I will have been studying here for nearly three
years in July next year. 我在专心致志地看书，没听见你叫我(absorb)。I was absorbed in a book and did not hear
you call. 无论卡门（Carmen）带领人们参观多少次，她似乎从不厌烦谈论她的城市。No matter
how many times Carmen shows people around her city, she never seems to get tired of talking about it.
无论她带游客参观多少次这个城市，她都从不厌烦谈论她的城市No matter how many
times she has showed the tourists around the city, she would not be sick of talking about her city.
细菌太小，肉眼看不见。Bacteria are too small to be seen.
小张失去了平衡从梯子上摔了下来(balance)Xiao Zhang lost his balance and fell off the
校长颁发了班级优秀学生荣誉称号The headmaster awarded the excellent students the
校长授予优秀学生以荣誉称号(bestow)。The president of our university bestowed honors
on the best students.
校长授予优秀学生予荣誉称号。The headmaster awarded the excellent students the
要是他早点动手，就能赶上火车了If he had done it earlier, he could have caught the
一辈子不犯错误的人是没有的。（lifetime）.There is nobody doesn’t make mistakes in a
一旦你显出害怕的样子，他就会向你进攻（show,attack）.Once you show scare, he will
一旦他自己弄懂了的东西，他就能讲给别人。83、Once he understands anything
himself, he can explain it to others.
在化学变化中，能量既不会创造，也不会消失In chemical changes, energy will not
create and will not disappear.
在十八世纪末，英国迅速成为世界的工厂Britain quickly became the world’s factory at
the end of the 18 century.
这个小女孩渴望受到嘉奖 (avid)。The little girl is avid for praise.
这家旅馆可供500人住宿(accommodate) 。This hotel can accommodate five hundred
这家旅馆能容纳500人。The hotel can hold 500 people.
这些票的有效期只有7天。 The period of validity of these tickets are only 7 days. 政府对这件事情持什么态度The Government's stance in this matter
______ send your motorcycle to be repaired? You'd better not drive it any more.
A. Why B. Why not C. Why don't D. Why didn't
______ student with a little common sense should be able to answer the question.
A. Each B. Any C. either D. one
common sense 常识； each 这个词在英语中强调的是个体与众不同的特点；any 这个词强调的是很多东西在一起的共性； either 两者之间任何一个
______ to the moon some day, I should see the surface of the moon with my own eyes.
A. Would I go B. Were I to go C. If I go D. If I had gone 这是省略 if的虚拟条件句Were I = If I were
______ with the size of the whole earth , the highest mountain does not seem high at all. A. When compared B. Compare C. While comparing D. Comparing
本题的关键是弄清compare与mountain的关系; when 可以直接加过去分词；当when后面的主语与主句的主语一致时，主语和系动词可以省略。
All _______ is a continuous supply of the basic necessities of life.
A. what is needed B. for our needs C. the thing needed D. that is needed 当all作定语从句的先行词时，从句只能用that来引导； all that = what
Children who are over-protected by their parents may become_____
A. hurt B. damaged C. spoiled D. harmed
Christopher Columbus was believed ______ the American continent.
A. to discover B. discovering C. to have discovered D. having discovered Depending on____, Mary led us through an unknown part of the ffanwen.wenku1.comorest. A. intuition B. sense C. vision D. image
Do you think she has any ____ to refuse John's invitation? A. reason B. cause C. motive D. point
Either you or I ___ wrong on this matter.
A. is B. are C. am D. were
由 neither...nor，either...or，not only...but also 连接的两个主语，谓语动词的数通常按就近原则，即与后面的主语保持一致；如果是疑问式则以前面的主语为准。 Excuse me, sir. I've lost my watch. Do you have ___ time? A. the B. a C. an D. bland
He had difficulties making himself understood, but we didn't ____impatience.
A. show no sign of B. make an exhibition of C. show any sign of D. make any exhibition of
He is one of the students who____ always on time.
A. is B. are C. was D. be
He is the boy ___I think scored the winning points for the basketball team.
A. whom B. which C. that D. who
He just couldn't ___what in the world she had been talking about all the time. A. figure out B. catch on C. set out D. work on
He must have had an accident, or he ______ then. A. would have been here B. had to be here C. should be here D. would be here
He used to have a ____of stamp-collection, but he has given it up.
A. habit B. hobby C. custom D. like
His _____ handwriting resulted from haste and carelessness rather than from the inability to form the letters correctly. A. unreadable B. beautiful C. careful D. undecided
His parents _____, the orphan is now taken care of by her uncle.
A. have died B. dying C. dead D. having died I swimming until Father returned .
A. went B . didn’t go C. hadn’t gone D. be went
I didn't ask him, but he ___ to help me with my homework.
A. gave B. offered C. took D. got
I know you're planning to travel this summer, but do you know_____?
A. how much cost it will be B. how much has it cost C. how much will it cost D. how much it will cost
I'd like to ______the lessons once more before we take the exam tomorrow.
A. go for B. go over C. go round D. go about
In spite of your living so far away, we both hope very much _____.
A. your coming B. that you come C. you to come D. that you have come It has been a long time _____I saw you last time. A. since B. for C. before D. after
It is because he is too young ____ he does not understand what has happened. A. that B. so C. so that D. therefore
It was difficult to guess what her ______ to the news would be.
A. impression B. reaction C. comment D. opinion
It was essential that the application forms _______ back before the deadline.
A. must be sent B. would be sent C. be sent D. were sent
It wasn't such a good dinner ______ she had promised us.
A. that B. which C. as D. what
Many new ______ will be opened up in the future for those with a university education.
A. opportunities B. necessities C. realities D. probabilities Many people watch TV only to ___time.
A. cost B. spend C. kill D. take
My camera can be _____ to take pictures in cloudy or sunny conditions.
A. treated B. adjusted C. adopted D. remedied
My friend was full of _____ for the way in which I had so quickly learned to drive a car.
A. pride B. surprise C. admiration D. jealousy
Neither Larry's father nor his mother _____at home.
A. are B. were C. was D. am
Please listen to me. It's inappropriate for you to persist in ___ this.
A. to do B. do C. doing D. having done
She never laughed, ______ lose her temper
A. or she ever did B. nor did she ever C. or did she ever D. nor the ever did
She talked to him for a long time and ___him from doing that dangerous job.
A. persuaded B. dissuaded C. overcame D. conquered
Since your supervisor has _____ the time for a talk, you must make sure that you will be there on time.
A. predicted B. specified C. yielded D. classified
Some old people don't like pop songs because they can't ____ so much noise.
A. resist B. sustain C. tolerate D. undergo
Sorry to trouble you. I haven't taken my textbook with me. Shall we ___one?
A. have B. share C. look D. read
The bridge was named _____ the hero who gave his life for the cause of the people. A. after B. with C. by D. from
The famous Yong Le Bell is three times_____. A. as tall as a man B. taller as a man C. tallest than a man D. more tall than a man
The hunter ______ on his back with his eyes half closed.
A. laid B. lied C. lay D. lain
The leaves are ____ down to the ground when autumn comes.
A. dropping B. following C. putting D. falling
The little girl, who got home very late, was greatly relieved when she found out she had been___.
A. saved B. nudged C. spared D. encouraged
The little girl woke up screaming because she had had a_____.
A. daydream B. nightmare C. fantasy D. sweet dream
The manager ___that the new employees go through professional training before they started working.
A. persisted B. insisted C. resisted D. assisted
The manager promised to keep me ______ of how our business was going on .
A. to be informed B. on informing C. informed D. informing
The manufacturers _____ carried out one of the Chairman's proposals, but they didn't.
A. must have B. couldn't have C. ought to have D. shouldn't have
The news you told me the other day has yet to be___.
A. affirmed B. informed C. conformed D. confirmed
The old lady felt very ____when her daughter forgot her birthday.
A. deceived B. deserted C. unfortunate D. disappointed
The police officer happened _____ the traffic when the accident happened.
A. to direct B. directing C. to be directing D. to have directed The rain was heavy and _______ the land was flooded. A. consequently B. continuously C. constantly D. consistently The textile industry _____ greatly to the economy of Hong Kong.
A. adds B. amounts C. contributes D. leads
There were no tickets _____ for Friday's performance.
A. preferable B. considerable C. possible D. available
They are believed ____ in their experiment.
A. to have already succeeded B. to succeed already C. to be succeeded D. to be succeed
They decided to chase the cow away ______ it did more damage.
A. unless B. until C. before D. what
Two old friends meet ____chance in the street. A. by B. on C. at D. for
We ______ our breakfast when an old man came to the door.
A. just have had B. have just had C. just had D. had just had
We think it is wise ____him not to accept their offer.
A. for B. of C. to D. from
What are you doing? I'm _____the bedroom for my wallet.
A. looking B. finding C. searching D. searching for
What time does my flight leave ____Tuesday?
A. at B. in C. by D. on
When Mr. Jones gets old, he will______ over his business to his son.
A. take B. hand C. think D. get
Would you please help me to ____up the present for the old gentleman? A. wrap B. tie C. cover D. send
You are lucky since you've never ____anything in your life. A. lost B. got C. stolen D. found
You ought not to ____ him the news that day.
A. tell B. be telling C. have told D. had told
Your little girl is becoming very rude. You _____scold her.
A. may B. can C. ought D. ought to
I.汇词与结构(Vo cablury aad Snrutctrue) 0% 2
1) I on’tdth nk the ifrsi t______ o fhe tpalyw lilb e elteised vlive.
.vei w. sBgih t
C .eprfromacen .Dac tion
H) leef taerl _y____ _e shhulo disms hte last ubwas tyairn.
.Ain csae B .nic sae o f
i ordner tah tD. fo rfare of
3)3. Threei sondou bt_ ____ _theear ht oges ruod nthes n. u
. Ahetwher B. tath
.C i fD why .
4) sI annFyth cleeevestrof _____ i_n tis hlassc ?
A. a n ystdunetsB .a ny toehr stdenut
C .na yo thef sutdnets D a.llthe tsduntse
5)eWst rted _a____ get t_her eefbore oonn.
A as. erly asa t oB. arle enyoghu os
C.s oaerl asy t Do.e onguhe ray to
)6_____ _ntofo ryurohel p I wo,ludbe i ntrobule .
.AI twas B .aWsit
C .I t ewr De.Wer e t i
7 Ge)ernalyl psaekng, ia wlelb-eavhe chidldh as beenp roerpl ___y___ y hbis areptsn.
A . brnou pB. b ougrt up h
. goCtu p .D arseid p
8P)terewi l lfai thel xam e_____ _eh orks hwrd. a
A i. f.Bp ovided r
C. unit D.l nuessl
H)ewill b en i waehlehair cfr _____o of hi_s life.
. Ate rehmainnigB . ther se t
C th.e reaim n. reDs t
10)tI awsnot unilt she tok offo erh ard gklsaes __s____ realizedIshe was famousaf lm siatr .
A. htt a.Bs otaht
C. bfere Do w.hne
11)I hvea esneth eiptucre dzones of ties, mand i’s talaywsa nesw o tme___ ___I hd neaer vees nitb feoer.
.Aa sB. as if
C. th ogu D. lihek
12 T)h man seatnidn gy tbhewind o iwsm yfri ned, hiPl He .s eixeprt _____ope_rtang iaco pmteru .
A. f o rB.t o
C a. t. Diwth
1 )I 3dind’ _t____ _ot akt aeta x biu tI adht oas I w sa fraida tahtI owudl b eltae of clrssa .
.A asums e.B usppse o
.C eam n. Docnider s
1)F4we naimas werle oufnd nit he foers, at somtso fthemsee mde ______ kileld.
A . t oavehb ee Bn.t beo
C .th eyw reeD. t ht thaey ah debne
)T5eh erposnelnma ange asrkdeMar yw etheh rshewou l ___d_ _t soattrw or ktehn et daxy.
A adm.t Bi .agre e
C . parpoev D .accep t
1)Unf6rtonutaey, my luantd id eofa ehra atttca ___k___he lasrtn ovels tlli npubluihse. d
.whlei B w.th i
C. utb .D ebfro e
17) Tehcountry has,as ex pcetd,ego titesl ifton socil aurnes _t_____ htegov rement nhasl sot conrtl. o
.o erv htta B .tat h
C. ovre hich w. Dwichh
18I)wo ud latrhre yo u______g os iwming as mi’tsraini gnhard.
.A ddi ot Bn. do no
C. no t. wilD lot n
9)Th1 e_____ girl_i sRu t’s hneci.e
A.Can diaanlit lt eprettyB. pretyt litlet Caanida n
C. aCadnan irptey little tD .lttle pirett yCaandia n
20 )Hi satfehr otfen siadto hmi, “oYuare o d leongh tuo make y o
ur wo lnivigninste a df oiling _____v_y uo parenrt.s
A . ff B. oof r
.C y Db .wit h
21 The )eawthre her es ifailry ______i n psirg,nw hchi maeksi t ifdfciut lot kownwh a tto ewr. a
A. varible a. Bvaird
. Cvariey tD va.iros
2)I2sh uodlli ke _____ _earilreof t heg onisgon-t hre. e
A .h vina ignfomed r.B toha ve niofrmd
otin fom D.rto hav ebe en iformed n
2)3oDsethe newspa erp eportr suggst etha an tcoeonicmc risi s______soon?
A oc.cr uB.th re es
C. there wil lb e.D willo ccru
2 )T4h pefanwen.wenku1.comerpecstiev ni hwic yho uviwe he tpoblemr s i______min e .
.Acontra y rto B c.nortast rom
f C op.psote fiorm .D idagserableeto
2 5Th) tooels_ _____ te fhrnuiuret i asssebled mreapacke d i nhtep akcaeg.
A .withth a tB. niwhic h
.Cwi h wthihcD .yb whci
2)I 6avh seoemd ififcutlyi ni pmorvni gy cmomposiitno. Cuodl yuole dn em__ ____?
.Aa h ep B.l a andi
C . aahdnD. an a m r
2 7“)Wulo dyu ocraefor cupa o coffee?”f“No, thak noyu.I ’d hvae _____ _ofcef”e
A .soemtinh begidsesB .nohint butg
.Ce ervyhtngi bsedis eD. nyahtnig ubt
2 )I8 soth apepndet ha tJi knomkecdover th ecan le dna dth etabelcolth ______f ri.e
.A ame Bd .got
C set .. Dcugat h
2)S9e hwnetto ht eitcekt foice, ofnl _y____ t_ahtthe ticket fos threp eformranec had ll beena osdlout.
.At old .Bt bo etodl
C .b eng toli d. Dwsash etold
30 )______ hew nhtetraf ifc accdein ttoo kplce.
A He .appheedn ot e bpassni gy b
. IBt s haoppene tdohim t ob peassng iy b
C .I tso hppenaedf r ohi to mb peasisng by
D .eH aphpeed tnath he wa spassign b
13)eH _____ m_eby wo gtmae so ote.n
A. bet Ba .coquernd e
C. gain edD .ow n
32 )_____ any in_tsuctiors nfom threirg oernmvnt, etheyco ldu otng ive n anaswer.
A. aHvnig otnr ecived Be .oNtha vin rgceeivde
C. R ecievng noi D.t ot Nrceeivni g
33 )owNaadsy,th ene s mwdie akepe s uifnomred ofwh t ____a_ _nit he wold. r
A. i s ahpenipn ong . isB egttin ong
. Ci stkinag noD. i gsino on g
4)3etMla _s_____a s tey grohwc olo
A re.duecB .cnodese n
.C conractt . cDmporse
5)3Se hsin o as t_____ as_h r ecassmltea. s
A . a antice svtdeut Bn.activ ethe s utdet
C .atcie av tudsnteD t.he cativ student
3 6S)niec e dhdi’n ftee llie _____k_ t ohet ovmeis,I sggestued ______ca drsat hoem .
. Aoingg,p ayinlgB .t ogo, ot layp
C. t goo pl,yanigD . goni, tog pay l
37 It h)asco m et moy otnci theatp eopleare ont atikn gulf _l____ _ofth feailitcies oft ehli rbayr .
A. rofip Bt .beenfit
C .dvaatang eD.oppo rtniuty
38)or aFl lhose teyars,she w a nsnoet he __
___ be_auifult .
.Afa r B. els s
C. ery Dv lea.t s
39)_ _____do htey o gshpoing ptgeohetr
A. SmoteimesB. O tfe n
C .cOacisonall yD .eSldom
04)Nt oveeryneoli kesh si ieda; ohwveer __,____ it imgth ebw orh tatry.
.A on on ethikns . Bnyanoet hins k
. eCveroyn theniks D s.oe thmnki
1)C. pe frromncea2 )A .n cisea
3)B. t at h) 4D al. tlhe studnets
5) . sCo arelya st 6) o. DeWer i t
) 7B. roubhtgup 8) D. u lness
9 )B.th rees t0) 1.At ha t
11 )B .sai f12) . atC
). mCaen 14 )A.to ahve bene
5) . agree 1B) B. w6thi
71) . Coerv hwch 1i) 8A. di dnto
1 9) B .reptt ylttli Canaedina20 )A. o ff
21)A .vairabl 2e) 2D t.o hveab en ineofrmed
23 ) . wDll oicurc24) A. ocntarr yt o
2 ) 5C wit. hhwch i6)2 C a .andh
27 D. a)ntyihgnbut 28 D. cau)gth
9) B2.t ob etol 30d) . AH ehpaenpde otbe pasings by
31)A b.eat 3)2 . BNo tavhni geceiver d
33 ).Di gsiogno n 43) .C oncrtact
53) . acCivt a etusdet n3) A.6g oig,npl ainy g
37) C. advatnag 3e8 B. )less
3 9 ). SDeldom 4)0D. s me ohint k
II辨.别误错( Eror Irdntifieacitn)o 10 %
baibstand hrea slookmuc hikle adn areof ent mistaen kfr oecah ohet.
r A B C D
4)Bu2inyg lcohes tareo tfn ae ver ytiem-conumsin pgartccie
beacsue tohesc olthe statha p esro nlies akr earerylt h oene thst afi himt o hre.r
4 3Though )he ahd wnos evraelp irez si thn ecmpetotiin, many ofou s
A B C
htead he twy ahiwh ceh retatd eotherp eope.
44)H aedirms hee rosm uhcthat e his awlas yerda yo dott ah tse ahsk hsm itodo .
A B C D
45)Th eahlette toget,eh riwh tis chaoch and seevrl aeratlvise,a r e
A B C D
t rvaliengt othe Olympic Gaems
46)om Thswosa s rtnog itenres tn inseict, andshe psnes d
m os of htsi spra timeeco lecl tuttbrelf syecimeps.n
47 G)oegre ha sotg a wlelpa-i dob asjan ssistaan mtnagarein a b g coimany p
nda hi sewn partmaet is ni a tnwlee-svortesibui dilg nenarth eiFtf Ahvneu.
4 8S)mith olds mstoo fish bloeningsg.H hes ahadryln thoignl ef ti tnh heuos. e
A B C D
49)ioPeer nwomn ina the Wets ahdmo eroppor tniuteisto w okr hant
A B C
htye had adh n tieh Eat. s
5 0A)l ltheb lodoi nt e bhdy opsase sthorugh te hhear tatleas t wice thtem nuie.
A t B C D
1 (B)4 42( )A4 3D) (4 4(D 45) (D 46 )D( 47 (D) )
4 (8)C 94 A()50 (D) II
I.形填完空( Cloez )1%5
Eve y hruma beinng,n om ttea what rehis odngi ,gvesi ffob doy ehat T.he uusl aprolem bsih woto dsipso ef oti.B tu he detigsnres o fth eohnJsowtncam us po thef Uivnrsityeof iPtstubgr she tthesemves labuo tthe51 problme-- ----ow tohc oleltcb oy dhaet .hTe yahv edsigendea col lceitno ystsem hicwhuti ilzes ot onnylb do yeht, aubtthe heatg ien voffby suhcobje csta sl git bhubsl nd refraigeatorr sas wlel.The sstem wyork sos ellw5 2noc novnteonal fuel isi neededto ma e kht eampuc’s si bxiudlins gcmfootralb. e
Soe mpats ofrthe biuldnisg ------ tehatesr ad onfficse5 3 clssaoomr ---s-- ar- moer ethnaa pmy lheatd ey beoplepa nd lghtsi nads meotimesm sut b eai-condritinode54 i winnte.r Thet chenqiueo f5 h5eatand reidstirutibn gitis 6 5“eatHr ecvero”.yA fe womerd nuibdligs recnvoe r__57__ ,bt theuu invreisty’ssys tm ei ths efisr tot ecrvoerh aet58 som euilbingd sadnreu es iti n 9 .5 Aong lhetw ya,Pi t htaslea rneda gert adea lbaout osme fo is heat trpduoecs. rheT6 0a sutedtn tudsies ,ht mero heaet ihs obd y61 Ma.elstu edtnsemit mo reh ea thtan 62 stdeuns. tAnd hetlarge ra tusedt, thenm or eeht ah 63e . tIis tepmtngit o46th at hteho test ptrspoctefo trh Jehosntwon acpusmw olu deb a5 6 o,erwvegit hamle enigus.
) 1. Asmilira B wr.ng oC o.ppoisgnD .o popits e
52) . whAic Bh t.en hC.tha Dt .hertefreo
53 ) .Aincl duin g.B s aellwC. iwth . Ds aewl lsa
45 A.)e en v. Bos . evCe rD m.chu
55 A). savnig .Bbei g nsaevd . Cdsipoisg n.D beni gidpssoe
65 )A .altkde .B htogut h.C ugsesgedtD. clleda
7) A.5 lso Bs .cld Co. etmepratreuD. heta
5)8 A.to B. rof C. mith D. worf
5 9 ).Athe ot he rB.o terh C. tohesrD. th eo htrse
60 )A . hrdaB h.adest Cr .ardehrD. mor ehrad
61) A .tkesa ni .B ivge osff C .iveg si Dn .atkseo t
26 A) w.mon a. Befamle .Cg ir lD. ob y
6 3 ).A roducps Be.m aufncauter Cs .desgnsi D. assemlesb
A) .tsar B. tconculd e. Cnde . Debin g
65 ) A e.sa-goyin B. guf-mnkangiC. ahdr-wrkoing .Dgood- of-nrohtngi
1.5D . oppsote i2.5C. taht5 3D. .as
well a 54.sA .vene
55 .A. svain 5g6 D. .calle d5.7.Dh aet58. . frBo m
5 . 9. otCher 6s.0C. h arde 61rB. g.iesvof f62 .. Bemafle
6 . 3A p.rdocues 4. B. conc6lue 65.C. dhradw-orikgn
I. 阅V读理解(Rea ing dComrpehneiso)n 30 %
fAte ar busy da oy fwrok an plday, he tobdy eedn st reots.S lepe i necessasryf rogo d hoelat.h uDrng ihts itiem the bo,yd erocvresf ro mht ectivaiits oefthe d a beyofe.r hT reet shta tou gyet hilew leesingpena bels yuor bdyo top erpar iesetf lfort e hentxd a.y
here arTe ofr leuvlse o fseep, lach beeng a liittl deeepr etah then one bfoere .A ysuosl epe, ouyr msulce s肌肉()re lx alittleb yl itte.lY urohe art eatsbm oe slowlr, yad nouy rbrai nsowlsd won .Afer yout reac the fhuotrhle vel ,yor ubdo yhsfis btak acd nofthrf orm oe lnvele o fselpe ot het toehr.
A ltough hyor uinm dlows dosnw,f rm time oo ttiemy o wiull dear. Smiectnsts whoist uydsl eeps atte hat thew dnerminag occus, ryuo eyrbelas belginto mveo omer uickql y(atlhuogh yuor yes are cleoesd. T)ishs agte o fseepl s cialeld RME ,whcihs andts fo rrpiade yem ovemnt.e
fIyo uavh eroublte allingfa slee,p osm people eecomrenmdbrea thig nery svlowy and vlre ydeepy. lOhter popee lebilev ehtat rdnikig nwra mimlkw ill ehp malk eyo udorws. yTeher si lso anaold s ggusteoni tath ouctinng heespw lliput yu oot selep !
66 )A oog tdite lofr tis haspsae gi _s______. _
. Slep B. eoGdoHea lht
C . Dreams . DWork nad esR t
76 )heT udnrleine wdor d“drosw” iy tnh elast apraragh mpane s________.
s ickB. tands pu
.aleepsD .slepe y
6 8) hiTspass agesu gegst stat hno gettting neoug hseel pighmt akme ou y________.
. dArem aoremoft ne B.h vae oopr heath
l . Cperpred far theon xt deya . Dberath eqicuky l
6 9) uDirng RM, ___E_____. _
.A yor eues myvo eqiculk By. ou ydram e
C yo.u rea retlesss . Dboh tAa dn B
70) hT aeveager umbenrof ourhs fosl ee thpata naultdn eesdi s_ _______.
A. a oubtsi yoxusr B .rouadnte n housr
C. no stttad ie nte hapssaegD. ab uo etiht ghurso
.AS ee1 p
6 ) 7.Ds 1epey
8) B6. avh eopo healrh t
6 )9 D .bto hAan d B
07)C. n to tatse di tnh peasags e
Ak shrte people toelo k oou tth samee winodwa t abus sytreet ocnerr ndatel lyo uhawt het sye.e hancCesare yo uiwllr eeivcet rheed iffreet nansewsr.E ahcp reonss ees hetsam e scnee ,ub teac hepceriesvsome thnigd iffernet bautoit.
Perc ivein goesgon ni uo mrind. sO thfet rhee eppoelwho oloko tu ht winedw, one moa say ytha hte seesa polcimen gaviinga mtoorsita tckit.e Aothern ay mas ytht ha eseesa ruhsh orutraff ic amj ta teh inetserctin. oheTthi dr ay tmellyou tah htese e as omanw triygnto roscsth steere withtfour hildrce in a ron. Fwor erceptiopni she tmnid’sinte rperttiao on f
wha hts sineess– i nhist caseour yes e– ellt su .
Mnyaps ycolhogstist doayare owkirgnto rty otde treimenj us hot w parseon xeepirenec sr peroceves ihet owlrd aorudnhi . msinU g acientisif acppoarh, tcehse sypchoogislt sse tp exupeirenmt sn ihwihc tey hanc ontcrol allof he facttro. Bs meayurisg annd chartign th reeultsso f anym eperimexnts they, aertr iyn go ftind ou thwt makas eiffdrent peeolpepe rceiev ottaly dlffieentr thnig saboutth e sme asece.n
7) Se1ieg and perneciingvar _e____ .
.A teh saema ticn o
B .t o swperaate action
C. wo tctionsaca rreid no ntieery lb yyees
veeal rctiaos nhttat ke aplace ta ifderfne timte s
2 )Peole pperceve diiffreetnt inhgs abot uthe ase scenme bcaeue _s_____.
. theyA es dieffrenetth ings
B t.he caynntoa geera obt uhitgn s
. Coms have ebttee eryseihg t
D. onNe of htes e
7 )3 Pscyolhgosti ssutyd ercpptioe ny ____b_
A .s ettign upmany ex erimenpts
B a.ksig naehc toherw ha thet sye e
. ookinl ogt uo wfidown s
. sDutdiygnpe olp’e esyes
7 )4 Which o the followfngista etmnetsis i pmiled butn o statte？d
.sycPolhgoistsd oon tet knoy howwpe pol esee .
T heb st eepxriemetn sraethose inw hihca l falctosra r ecntrolledo.
C. Teh tudy osf precetpio is nging ono nwo.
D .Perce ptoni odse ot nnviolev pschylogocialfa cotrs.
7 )5Th eebs tttie fol rthis slecetoin is____ .
A .Wat hsPchyloogsitsP rceivee
B. earniLngOu r Mnis dTrhugho Sceince
C. HwoWe ercPive e
D .Hw oot ecBomean EpxerienmtlaPsy hocoglst i
71 )B. tow sperata actiones .
7 2)D. oNn eof hese. t
7)3A. estitgn pu amn exyerimpetns .
47 ). ThBeb stee pxeirmensta e rhtseo n iwhihc all fators creac ontollerd .
5)7C .Ho ww eeprcivee.
il lGrat nwasa amofsu ewnpaserped toi r编() i辑nt e Uhnietd tSteas. Hew okrd efo trhe ames newsppar fermo 921 6o t168. 9H searttdeas a cler bkutby 194 8e had hebome thec dieot. Trahtw s tha posetiionhe elh dutinlh ertierd.e
Bi llw rote hs fiirsts otyrfo r the paeprthe da tyh eNw Yeokr tocSk 股() 票Marek crtahse idn192 9.Two fo hetpa erp’sr eproerst wre ehtrity miel sromf twon hcekcig onna n aiplrane crahs. he oThtr eoenwas i n San Fraciscno inesvitating gChiantwn.o
hWn ete hifst renswof ht estok cmarektcam ietonthe ofife cBlil miemiadtey sat ldonwa dn rowt eu the storp. yTehedi ot rilked it osmu hct athhe ues dte htsroy. nA hed din’d mtak anye chnagse n ii. tfter tAht tah edetior ecided dBlil housdlb a reperoet. re Hfetl he aw snotu isgn is rehal abiitl yorkwniga sa cler. k
Af etrt hsi ifrtsstory iBl beclae empseicall yniteresedt i fninancilan ws.eBut he rowe ttoriesso junsta buote evrytihg. nn I914 5e sheptn ife vonthm is nuErop.e Hi esdiotr
ha decided dh eshoud wrltei bauo thet ne odf orld WaWrI .I is pHape wrs tae hmsalest one wlitha rwiet rn iEuroep.
O ne o Bifl’s lrgetestam oemnstca emin 149.6 stAoryh e hdawr tite onn awr on wht eaNtoinalN ewpspeamarns’ Award. Blli oto thekp irz eubthe avg alelt hec erit d(誉荣) o hti sedtior.
B il hld a aeart athatck n 1i59. H7 eercvoreed ufly lbtu in 961 1ehbega nsffuriengfr m ao ew nisedas.eI latstd feor tehr st oef hsili ef. H eveorame camnye omtonil suffearins asg wlel ,icludinn ghe detthao fhi s ldeot dsugahet rina craacc iedtn.
It ws aujtsbe froeC ristmas inh1967 thta e lhernaed ehh a daccern .Si xonmhs ltter ae dihd.e But h headneve rtsppoed hs iwro ks aaned iort.T e dhay beofr he diee hedhad pens atfull dy at the affoie.c
7) Bil6 Glarnt _______.
A_. was aenspapew reitor drfom1 92 6t o198 6
B . wrot eis hfisrtsto r ybaou thteN ewYor ktoSkc arMet krcsha n i912 a9nd oon afsetr htat hebe amce ht eedtiroo ft e nhwesppae r
C. hdaa eahtrat ack in 1t597and recvereo dully latfer no
.Dw orte sortes ionno tinhgbu tf ninacai mltteasr
7 )7We ac dnduce fremo ht pesaags ethta wehnB ill ws aritwnig thes torya obt theu ew NorY ktoSkcM arektc rshath reew re _e_______rep rtoerson th e ewnsapper
. Dorme tahn fuor
78) Whi hc of th efolowling si NT truO?e
.ABil Graltn tsaretd his orw fokr het ewsnppaera a clesk.r
B. Bil lranGt veroamce hi shypscalisuff rengisb tun othis metionalosuf fernig sweh he wansg tting eonin yaers .
1n916 Blli beag sufferinng rfm oanew d isasee, btuw eaer ont told hwa tht edisease was
D. B ll Grina stepnt osmt ofh sil feiimte nit e Uhiten dtatSe.s
7 9)Whi c ofhthe oflowilg ns NOi a loTigcl canoclsuoi?n
A. Bll siated yi nurEope orf ifev omnhsti n19 54an d herteorfe hetedi tro dcided ehat th sehuod wlrtei boatu th ened f oWrold aWr I.
. BBlil’ sfirt stsro wya fres fermo errrs.o
C Bi.ll hd atale st twa cohldrien
D. W en Bhil lwn thoeN taionla eNswpaerpma’sn Awra,dh ewa sgartfelu to hise idtr.o
08)Bil lG rnt aieddo __f______ .
A.a di sese anukonn wo taynbdoy
B hea.rt torubl ie 1968n
C . ancce by three ndof 19 68
D .cncare n miid1 98 6
76 )C .hda a haer tatatc ikn 1597and recvoeerd u1fl ylatreon
77) B. trhee
7)8B. B ll iGratn vorecae his mphsyiac lusferfnisgb tun to ih emsoitoan luffseinrgsw ehn eh aswg ettnigon in eyrsa.
97)A Bi.l ltsyead i nEropue ofrfiv e mnohts n i195 4ndat eherfre toh edieotrd ecidde hat he tSouhdl rwtiea obut heten do Wfrold aWrI I
0) 8D ca.cnre i nid 196m8
V. 汉英翻译 En（lgis-hChneiesT ansralitno）51%
1)8 walIkde llat h eaw yhree, hwichhas amde m eabi ttire. d
8 )I2t’sr allye owdnefru lt
haty o usohudl ahe vfulfliledt hep ln tahre menthos haae dfotime.
83)oH wwa its thta ouy ddn’ti g toot eh bak?n
8 )4it w an’stu nit I lraedt hebo okth ta bIean gt konw osmeohtng iboau fitnncae
5)W8eh nthe makret s ivrye owl ,cmpanios eiwh tgert eaoncomcis rtnegt whillt hni ok bfuyin ug pthero ocmanpes.i
68 D)riceiont F:r othis patr, yo uaer laolewdt enwy (t20)min ute so wtrteia c omopstiino noth eotpc:i Gettng io tKownthe oWldr utsOide hte Cmaup.s oYushou d write 1l00-10 wo2ds randyo uhoulsd baseyo ur omcpsoiiotno nth e utoilne(gi ev nni Chinese b)elo: w
Ex aplm e
G ettng it oKown te Wholr Odtsiuedth e Camusp
iWht te hdeelopmevn of oturs oictye ,het acpmu si so lonngrean “vIro yowTer.” tIis ecesnsay fror ocllge estduens tt go ootsuide o tgte ot kno wtehw olr.dT ey shholduac uqri keownelged on tnlo from ybook sub atlos formthe so icety. hTu sthy canead patt ooscetyi mroeq uikcl yfaer tteh yrgauadetfr mos cohl.o cieSneca n dechntolgoy ar edveelopni garpdilywit h eachp ssain gady .Msot tusdetnscan ekep hemtesvel snfoimredby wtcainhgTV, list enni gto hetr aio, dearingdne wspapers ndaus in tgh ienetnrt.eI ’tsal s good toota e ak prta-item jb, oushcas uttronig,o r wrkoin gina r etasruan.t Any fo tehes iwl elabnelstuden st o tgetin outc wihhts ocitey.
eh usmme vraatiocnwi lls oonbe h ree I’ve a.reldyae nrolle dotbe a vol utene rto hlpeo hets.r ItinkhI ca n o a gdoo dobj .lAhtughoI on’wt e bpid, aI ca nlarne a ltoa butosocie t, wyihch It hin ks ivene oremimp rtaon.t
电大学位英语考试.txt看一个人的的心术，要看他的眼神；看一个人的身价，要看他的对手；看一个人的底牌，要看他的朋友。明天是世上增值最快的一块土地，因它充满了希望。I.词汇与结构 (Vocabulary and Structure) 20%
1)I don’t think the first ______ of the play will be televised live.
A. view B. sight
C. performance D. action
2)He left early ______ he should miss the last subway train.
A. in case B. in case of
C. in order that D. for fear of
3)3. There is no doubt ______ the earth goes round the sun.
A. whether B. that
C. if D. why
4)Is Fanny the cleverest of ______ in this class?
A. any students B. any other student
C. any of the students D. all the students
5)We started ______ get there before noon.
A. as early as to B. early enough so
C. so early as to D. enough early to
6)______ not for your help, I would be in trouble.
A. It was B. Was it
C. It were D. Were it
7)Generally speaking, a well-behaved child has been properly ______ by his parents.
A. born up B. brought up
C. got up D. raised up
8)Peter will fail the exam ______ he works hard.
A. if B. provided
C. until D. unless
9)He will be in a wheelchair for ______ of his life.
A. the remaining B. the rest
C. the remain D. rest
10)It was not until she took off her dark glasses ______ I realized she was a famous film star.
A. that B. so that
C. before D. when
11)I have seen the picture dozens of times, and it’s always as new to me ______ I had never seen it before.
A. as B. as if
C. though D. like
12)The man standing by the window is my friend, Phil. He is expert ______operating a computer.
A. for B. to
C. at D. with
13)I didn’t ______ to take a taxi but I had to as I was afraid that I would be late for class.
A. assume B. suppose
C. mean D. consider
14)Few animals were found in the forest, as most of them seemed ______ killed.
A. to have been B. to be
C. they were D. that they had been
15)The personnel manager asked Mary whether she would _____ to start work the next day.
A. admit B. agree
C. approve D. accept
16)Unfortunately, my aunt died of a heart attack ______ her last novel still unpublished.
A. while B. with
C. but D. before
17)The country has, as expected, got itself into social unrest ______ the government has lost control.
A. over that B. that
C. over which D. which
18)I would rather you ______ go swimming as it’s raining hard.
A. did not B. do not
C. not D. will not
19)The ______ girl is Ruth’s niece.
A. Canadian little pretty B. pretty little Canadian
C. Canadian pretty little D. little pretty Canadian
20)His father often said to him, “You are old enough to make your own living instead of living ______ your parents.
A. off B. for
C. by D. with
21)The weather here is fairly ______ in spring, which makes it difficult to know what to wear.
A. variable B. varied
C. variety D. various
22)I should like ______ earlier of the goings-on there.
A. having informed B. to have informedfanwen.wenku1.com
C. to inform D. to have been informed
23)Does the newspaper report suggest that an economic crisis ______ soon?
A. occur B. there is
C. there will be D. will occur
24)The perspective in which you view the problem is ______ mine.
A. contrary to B. contrast from
C. opposite from D. disagreeable to
25)The tools ______ the furniture is assembled are packed in the package.
A. with that B. in which
C. with which D. by which
26)I have some difficulty in improving my composition. Could you lend me ______?
A. a help B. an aid
C. a hand D. an arm
27)“Would you care for a cup of coffee?” “No, thank you. I’d have ______ coffee”
A. something besides B. nothing but
C. everything besides D. anything but
28)It so happened that Jim knocked over the candle and the tablecloth ______ fire.
A. made B. got
C. set D. caught
29)She went to the ticket office, only ______ that the tickets for the performance had all been sold out.
A. told B. to be told
C. being told D. was she told
30)______ when the traffic accident took place.
A. He happened to be passing by
B. It so happened to him to be passing by
C. It so happened for him to be passing by
D. He happened that he was passing by
31)He ______ me by two games to one.
A. beat B. conquered
C. gained D. won
32)______ any instructions from their government, they could not give an answer.
A. Having not received B. Not having received
C. Receiving not D. Not receiving
33)Nowadays, the news media keep us informed of what ______ in the world.
A. is happening on B. is getting on
C. is taking on D. is going on
34)Metals ______ as they grow cool。
A. reduce B. condense
C. contract D. compress
35)She is not as ______ as her classmates.
A. an active student B. active the student
C. active a student D. the active student
36)Since he didn’t feel like ______ to the movies, I suggested ______ cards at home.
A. going, playing B. to go, to play
C. to go, playing D. going, to play
37)It has come to my notice that people are not taking full ______ of the facilities of the library.
A. profit B. benefit
C. advantage D. opportunity
38)For all those years, she was none the ______ beautiful.
A. far B. less
C. very D. least
39)______ do they go shopping together.
A. Sometimes B. Often
C. Occasionally D. Seldom
40)Not everyone likes his idea; however, ______ it might be worth a try.
A. no one thinks B. anyone thinks
C. everyone thinks D. some think
1) C. performance 2) A. in case
3) B. that 4) D. all the students 5) C. so early as to 6) D. Were it 7) B. brought up 8) D. unless 9) B. the rest 10) A. that 11) B. as if 12) C. at 13) C. mean 14) A. to have been 15) B. agree 16) B. with 17) C. over which 18) A. did not 19) B. pretty little Canadian 20) A. off 21) A. variable 22) D. to have been informed 23) D. will occur 24) A. contrary to 25) C. with which 26) C. a hand 27) D. anything but 28) D. caught 29) B. to be told 30) A. He happened to be passing by 31) A. beat 32) B. Not having received 33) D. is going on 34) C. contract 35) C. active a student 36) A. going, playing 37) C. advantage 38) B. less 39) D. Seldom 40) D. some think II.辨别错误 (Error Identification) 10% 41)Rabbits and hares look much like and are often mistaken for each other. A B C D
42)Buying clothes are often a very time-consuming practice
because those clothes that a person likes are rarely the ones that fit him or her.
43)Though he had won several prizes in the competition, many of us
A B C
hated the way which he treated other people.
44)He admires her so much that he is always ready to do that she asks him to do.
A B C D
45)The athlete, together with his coach and several relatives, are
A B C D
traveling to the Olympic Games
46)Tom shows a strong interest in insects, and he spends
most of his spare time collect butterfly specimens.
47)George has got a well-paid job as an assistant manager in a big company
and his new apartment is in a twelve-stories building near the Fifth Avenue.
48)Smith sold most of his belongings. He has hardly nothing left in the house.
A B C D
49)Pioneer woman in the West had more opportunities to work than
A B C
they had had in the East.
50)All the blood in the body passes through the heart at least twice the minute.
A B C D
41 (B) 42 (A) 43 (D) 44 (D) 45 (D) 46 (D) 47 (D)
48 (C) 49 (A) 50 (D)
III.完形填空 (Cloze) 15%
Every human being, no matter what he is doing, gives off body heat. The usual problem is how to dispose of it. But the designers of the Johnstown campus of the University of Pittsburgh set themselves about the 51 problem ------how to collect body heat. They have designed a collection system which utilizes not only body heat, but the heat given off by such objects as light bulbs and refrigerators as well. The system works so well 52 no conventional fuel is needed to make the campus’ six buildings comfortable.
Some parts of the buildings ------ theatres and offices 53 classrooms ------ are more than amply heated by people and lights and sometimes must be air-conditioned 54 in winter. The technique of 55 heat and redistributing it is 56 “Heat recovery”.
A few modern buildings recover __57__, but the university’s system is the first to recover heat 58 some buildings and reuse it in 59 . Along the way, Pitt has learned a great deal about some of its heat producers. The 60 a student studies, the more heat his body 61 . Male students emit more heat than 62 students. And the larger a student, the more heat he 63 . It is tempting to 64 that the hottest prospect for the Johnstown campus would be a 65 , overweight male genius.
51) A. similar B. wrong C. opposing D. opposite
52) A. which B. then C. that D. therefore
53) A. including B. as well C. with D. as well as
54) A. even B. so C. ever D. much
55) A. saving B. being saved C. disposing D. being disposed
56) A. talked B. thought C. suggested D. called
57) A. loss B. cold C. temperature D. heat
58) A. to B. from C. with D. for
59) A. the other B. other C. others D. the others
60) A. hard B. hardest C. harder D. more hard
61) A. takes in B. gives off C. gives in D. takes out
62) A. woman B. female C. girl D. boy
63) A. produces B. manufactures C. designs D. assembles
64) A. start B. conclude C. end D. begin
65) A. easy-going B. fun-making C. hard-working D. good-for-nothing
51. D. opposite 52. C. that 53.D. as well as 54. A. even
55. A. saving 56. D. called 57.D. heat 58. B. from
59. C. others 60. C. harder 61.B. gives off 62. B. female
63. A. produces 64. B. conclude 65.C. hard-working
IV. 阅读理解 (Reading Comprehension) 30%
After a busy day of work and play, the body needs to rest. Sleep is necessary for good health. During this time, the body recovers from the activities of the day before. The rest that you get while sleeping enables your body to prepare itself for the next day.
There are four levels of sleep, each being a little deeper than the one before. As you sleep, your muscles (肌肉) relax little by little. Your heart beats more slowly, and your brain slows down. After you reach the fourth level, your body shifts back and forth from one level of sleep to the other.
Although your mind slows down, from time to time you will dream. Scientists who study sleep state that when dreaming occurs, your eyeballs begin to move more quickly (although your eyes are closed). This stage of sleep is called REM, which stands for rapid eye movement.
If you have trouble falling asleep, some people recommend breathing very slowly and very deeply. Other people believe that drinking warm milk will help make you drowsy. There is also an old suggestion that counting sheep will put you to sleep!
66) A good title for this passage is ________.
A. Sleep B. Good Health
C. Dreams D. Work and Rest
67) The underlined word “drowsy” in the last paragraph means ________.
A. sick B. stand up
C. asleep D. sleepy
68) This passage suggests that not getting enough sleep might make you ________.
A. dream more often B. have poor health
C. prepared for the next day D. breathe quickly
69) During REM, _________.
A. your eyes move quickly B. you dream
C. you are restless D. both A and B
70) The average number of hours of sleep that an adult needs is ________.
A. about six yours B. around ten hours
C. not stated in the passage D. about eight hours
66) A. S1eep
67) D. s1eepy
68) B. have poor health
69) D. both A and B
70) C. not stated in the passage
Ask three people to look out the same window at a busy street corner and tell you what they see. Chances are you will receive three different answers. Each person sees the same scene, but each perceives something different about it.
Perceiving goes on in our minds. Of the three people who look out the window, one may say that he sees a policeman giving a motorist a ticket. Another may say that he sees a rush hour traffic jam at the intersection. The third may tell you that he sees a woman trying to cross the street with four children in a row. For perception is the mind’s interpretation of what his senses – in this case our eyes – tell us.
Many psychologists today are working to try to determine just how a person experiences or perceives the world around him. Using a scientific approach, these psychologists set up experiments in which they can control all of the factors. By measuring and charting the results of many experiments, they are trying to find out what makes different people perceive totally different things about the same scene.
71) Seeing and perceiving are _____.
A. the same action
B. two separate actions
C. two actions carried on entirely by eyes
D. several actions that take place at different times
72) People perceive different things about the same scene because ______.
B. they cannot agree about things C. some have better eyesight D. None of these 73) Psychologists study perception by _____. A. setting up many experiments B. asking each other what they see C. looking out of windows D. studying people’s eyes 74) Which of the following statements is implied but not stated？ A. Psychologists do not yet know how people see. B. The best experiments are those in which all factors are controlled. C. The study of perception is going on now. D. Perception does not involve psychological factors. 75) The best title for this selection is ____. A. What Psychologists Perceive B. Learning Our Minds Through Science C. How We Perceive D. How to Become an Experimental Psychologist Key 71) B. two separate actions. 72) D. None of these.
73) A. setting up many experiments.
74) B. The best experiments are those in which all factors are controlled.
75) C. How we perceive.
Bill Grant was a famous newspaper editor (编辑) in the United States. He worked for the same newspaper from 1926 to 1968. He started as a clerk but by 1948 he had become the editor. That was the position he held until he retired.
Bill wrote his first story for the paper the day the New York Stock (股票) Market crashed in 1929. Two of the paper’s reporters were thirty miles from town checking on an airplane crash. The other one was in San Francisco investigating Chinatown.
When the first news of the stock market came into the office Bill immediately sat down and wrote up the story. The editor liked it so much that he used the story. And he didn’t make any changes in it. After that the editor decided Bill should be a reporter. He felt he was not using his real ability working as a clerk.
After this first story Bill became especially interested in financial news. But he wrote stories on just about everything. In 1945 he spent five months in Europe. His editor had decided he should write about the end of World War II. His paper was the smallest one with a writer in Europe.
One of Bill’s greatest moments came in 1946. A story he had written on war won the National Newspaperman’s Award. Bill took the prize but he gave all the credit (荣誉) to his editor.
Bill had a heart attack in 1957. He recovered fully but in 1961 he began suffering from a new disease. It lasted for the rest of his life. He overcame many emotional sufferings as well, including the death of his oldest daughter in a car accident.
It was just before Christmas in 1967 that he learned he had cancer. Six months later he died. But he had never stopped his work as an editor. The day before he died he had spent a full day at the office.
76) Bill Grant ________.
A. was a newspaper editor from 1926 to 1968
B. wrote his first story about the New York Stock Market crash in 1929 and soon after that he became the editor of the newspaper
C. had a heart attack in 1957 and recovered fully later on
D. wrote stories on nothing but financial matters
77) We can deduce from the passage that when Bill was writing the story about the New York Stock Market crash there were ________ reporters on the newspaper.
D. more than four
78) Which of the following is NOT true?
A. Bill Grant started his work for the newspaper as a clerk.
B. Bill Grant overcame his physical sufferings but not his emotional sufferings when he was getting on in years.
C. In 1961 Bill began suffering from a new disease, but we are not told what the disease was.
D. Bill Grant spent most of his lifetime in the United States.
79) Which of the following is NOT a logical conclusion?
A. Bill stayed in Europe for five months in 1945 and therefore the editor decided that he should write about the end of World War II.
B. Bill’s first story was free from errors.
C. Bill had at least two children.
D. When Bill won the National Newspaperman’s Award, he was grateful to his editor.
80) Bill Grant died of ________.
A. a disease unknown to anybody
B. heart trouble in 1968
C. cancer by the end of 1968
D. cancer in mid 1968
76) C. had a heart attack in 1957 and recovered fu1ly later on
77) B. three
78) B. Bill Grant overcame his physical sufferings but not his emotional sufferings when he was getting on in years.
79) A. Bill stayed in Europe for five months in 1945 and therefore the editor decided that he Should write about the end of World War II
80) D. cancer in mid 1968
V. 英汉翻译 （English-Chinese Translation）15%
81)I walked all the way here, which has made me a bit tired.
82)It’s really wonderful that you should have fulfilled the plan three months ahead of time.
83)How was it that you didn’t go to the bank?
84) it wasn’t until I read the book that I began to know something about finance.
85)When the market is very low, companies with great economic strength will think of buying up other companies.
86) Direction: For this part, you are allowed twenty (20) minutes to write a composition on the topic: Getting to Know the World Outside the Campus. You should write 100-120 words and you should base your composition on the outline (given in Chinese) below:
Getting to Know the World Outside the Campus
With the development of our society, the campus is no longer an “Ivory Tower”. It is necessary for college students to go outside to get to know the world. They should acquire knowledge not only from books but also from the society. Thus they can adapt to society more quickly after they graduate from school. Science and technology are developing rapidly with each passing day. Most students can keep themselves informed by watching TV, listening to the radio, reading newspapers and using the internet. It’s also good to take a part-time job, such as tutoring, or working in a restaurant. Any of these will enable students to get in touch with society.
The summer vacation will soon be here. I’ve already enrolled to be a volunteer to help others. I think I can do a good job. Although I won’t be paid, I can learn a lot about society, which I think is even more important.
注 意 事 项
五、答题时，PartⅠ至 Part Ⅳ部分用2B铅笔按示例填涂，如：■[B][C][D]，用其他符号答题者不记分。修改时，必须先用橡皮擦去原来选定的答案，然后再按要求重新作答。
PartⅠReading Comprehension （30%）
Directions： There are three passages in this part. Each passage is followed by some questions or unfinished statements. For each of them there are four choices marked A，B，C and D. You should decide on the best choice and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
Questions 1 to 5 are based on the following passage：
The reflective towers of New York City， which is on the Atlantic migrating（迁徙的）route ， can be deadly for birds. “We live in an age of glass，” said Ms.Laurel， an architect.（76）“It can be a perfect mirror in certain lights， and the larger the glass， the more dangerous it is.” About 90，000 birds are killed by flying into building in the city each year. Often， they strike the lower levels of glass towers after searching for food in nearby parks. Such crashes are the second-leading cause of death for migrating birds， after habitat（栖息地）loss， with an estimated number of death ranging up to a billion a year.
（77）As glass office and apartment towers have increased in the last decade， so， too， have calls to make them less deadly to birds. San Francisco adopted bird-safety standard for new building in July. The United States Green Building Council， a nonprofit industry group that encourages the creation of environmentally conscious buildings， will introduce a bird-safety credit this as part of its environmental certification process.
There are no easy fixes， however. A few researchers are exploring glass designs that use ultraviolet（紫外线的）signals， but they are still in their infancy. Covers， dot patterns， shades and net are the main options available.
Often， only one section of a building needs to be changed. “You don‘t necessarily have to treat every window，” Ms.Laurel said. “It would be too expensive to do the whole building.” The Jacob Convention Center， which has been undergoing alterations， is the most recent
building to voluntarily correct the problem of bird crashes. The architects used less reflective glass and dot patterns.
1. What is the main idea of the passage？
A. New York is a city of glass towers.
B. Glass tower are dangerous for migrating birds.
C. New York adopted new safety standards for buildings.
D. Glass towers are a new trend in the United States.
2. What is the number one cause of death for migrating birds？
A. Climate change B. Habitat loss
C. Lack of food D. Crashing into buildings.
3. What does the word “fixes” in the third paragraph probably mean？
A. Choices B. Explanations
C. Solutions D. Developments
4. _____are used in the alteration of the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
A. Dot patterns B. Shades
C. Nets D. Covers
5. Which of the fowling statements is TRUE according to the passage？
A. In many cases， the whole building needs to be altered to prevent bird crashes.
B. The Jacob K.Javits Convention Center is the first building to deal with the problem of bird crashes.
C. About 90，000 birds are killed due to habitat loss in New York City each year.
D. Unfortunately， glass designs that use ultraviolet signals are still in their early stages.
Question 6 to 10 are bafanwen.wenku1.comsed on the fowling passage：
Today‘s students have grown up hearing more about Bill Gates than F.D.R.， and they live in a world where amazing innovations（革新）are common. The current 18-year-olds， after all， were 8 when Google was founded by two students at Stanford； Mark Zuckerberg founded Facebook in 2004 while he was Harvard and they were entering high school. Having grown up digital（数字的），they are impatient to get on with life.
The easiest way to find kids like these is to check in on entrepreneurship（企业家才能）education， in which colleges and universities try to prepare their students to recognize opportunities and seize them.
A report published last year by the Kauffman Foundation， which finances programs to promote innovation on campuses， noted that more than 50，000 entrepreneurship programs are offered on two-and four-year campuses—up from just 250 courses in 1985. Lesa Mitchell ， a Kauffman vice president， says that the foundation is extending the reach of its academic influence， which used to be found only in business schools. Now， the concept of entrepreneurship is blooming in engineering programs and medical school， and even in the liberal arts. “Our interest is the programs，” she says. “We need to spread out from the business school.”
Either as class projects or on their own， students in a variety of majors are coming up with ideas， writing business plans and seeing them through to prototype and， often， market. In their spare time， students in agricultural economics at Purdue invent new uses for bean； industrial design majors at Syracuse， in special laboratory， create wearable technologies.
（78）The entrepreneurship movement has its critics， especially among those who see college as a time for extensive academic exploration. “I just don‘t think that entrepreneurship ranks so high in terms of national need，” says Daniel S.Greenberg， author of Science for sale： The perils， Rewards and Delusions of Campus Capitalism.
Leonard A.Schlesinger， Babson College‘s president， says that the question of whether innovation can really be taught is “an age-old argument”
6. When Google and Facebook were established， the founders were still_____.
A. in high school B. in the army
C. in primary school D. at college
7. According to the passage， what is the main purpose of entrepreneurship education？
A. To prepare students for future academic life
B. To prepare students to find opportunities and seize them.
C. To prepare students for overseas career.
D. To prepare student to develop interpersonal skills.
8. The word “prototype” in the fourth paragraph is most likely to mean_____.
A. model B. strategy
C. method D. stage
9. What does Daniel S.Grennberg think of entrepreneurship education？
A. Entrepreneurship， or at least certain elements of it， can be taught.
B. An entrepreneurship program can help students find what they really like and entrepreneurship isn„t all about business.
C. Entrepreneurship should be spread across different fields.
D. Colleges shouldn„t put too much emphasis on entrepreneurship programs.
10. What is the main idea of the passage？
A. Entrepreneurship courses in business schools.
B. Qualities of an entrepreneur.
C. Entrepreneurship education in colleges.
D. Kids in the information age.
Question 11 to 15 are based on the following passage：
Regret is as common an emotion as love or fear， and it can be nearly as powerful. So， in a new paper， two researchers set about trying to find out what the typical American regrets most. In telephone surveys， Neal Rose， a psychologist and professor of marketing at the School of Management at Northwestern Universtiy， and Mike Morrison， a doctoral candidate in psychology at University of Illinois， asked 370 Americans， aged 19 to 103，to talk about their most notable regret .Participants were asked what the regret was， when it happened， whether it was a result of something they did or didn‘t do， and whether it was something that could still be fixed.
The most commonly mentioned regret involved romance （浪漫的事）（18%）——lost loves or unfulfilled relationships. Family regrets came in second （16%），whit people still feeling badly about being unkind to their brothers or sisters in childhood. Other frequently reported regrets involved career （13%） ，education （12%），money（10%） and parenting（9^%）。
Rose and Morrison‘s study， which is to be published in social psychological and personality science， is significant in that it surveyed a wide range of the American public， including people of all ages and socio-economic and educational backgrounds. Previous studies on regret have focused largely on college students， who predictably tend to have education-focused regrets， like wishing they had studied harder or a different major. The new survey shows that in the larger population， a person’s major. The new survey shows that in the larger population， a person‘s “life circumstances—accomplishments， shortcomings ，situation in life—inject considerable fuel into the fires of regret，”the authors write.
（79）People with less education， for instance were more likely to report education regret. People with higher levels of education had the most career regrets. And those with no romantic partner tended to hold regrets regarding love. Broken down（分解、细分）by sex， more women（44%） than men （19%） had regrets about love and family——not surprising， since women “value social relationships more than men，” the authors write. In contrast ，men （34%） were more likely than women （27%） to mention work-related regrets， wishing they‘d chosen a different career path， for instance ，or followed their passion.（80）Many participants also reported wishing they had worked less to spend more time with their children.
There was an even split between regrets about inaction （not doing something） and action （do something you wish you didn‘t） .But， like previous studies， the current research found that some regrets are more likely than others to persist over time： people tend to hang on longer to the regret of inaction； meanwhile， regrets of action tend to be more recent.
11.In the second paragraph， the author shows ______.
A. the researchers„ findings B. the importance of family
C. the importance of money D. the importance of career
12. According to the passage ， college student participants mainly had regrets about their ______.
A. family and childhood B. study and major
C. career and job D. romance and fear
13.The word “notable” in the first paragraph is closest in meaning to ______.
A. common B. capable C. wonderful D. remarkable
14. Which of the following statements is TRUE？
A. The less education he or she has， the more regrets she or he would have.
B. The more education he or she has， the less regrets she or he would have.
C. More women than men had regrets about love and family.
D. The regret of action seems to last longer than that of inaction.
15. What is the main idea of this passage？
A. How regret is understood by a typical American.
B .Common regrets is more important than love and hate.
C. Why regret is more important than love and hate.
D. How regret has shaped Americans.
PartⅡ Vocabulary and Structure （30%）
Directions： In this part there are 30 incomplete sentences. For each sentence there are four choices marked A， B， C and D. Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentences. Then blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
16. Mr Smith is coming to visit us soon. We„d better get everything ready before he _______.
A. arrives B. arrive C. will arrive D. arrived
17._______yesterday， you would have met Professor Jones. But now he has left for London.
A. Did you come
B. Had you come
C. Should you come
D. Were you to come
18. The man denied_____ into the neighbor„s garden and ______his cow.
19.Ted worked like a horse in his youth， ______contributed to his great success later as a businessman.
20. A few hours ago， a small suitcase with some important papers _______ stolen from the general manager‘s office.
A.is B.are C.were D. was
21.______ on the New World，he felt like crying.
A.land B.Landed C.To land D.Having landed
22.Visit our store……Nowhere else such good bargains.
A.you find B.find you C.do you find D.you do find
23.After seemed an endless wait，ir was his turn to go into the doctor‘s office.
A，this B.that C.which D.what
24.Ever since the Simiths moved to the lake area a year ago，they ______ better health.
A.could have enjoyed B.had enjoyed C.have been enjoying D.are enjoying
25.The boss doesn‘t want to talk about the accident；now he is in no ______ to do so.
A.feeling B.attitude C.emotion D.Mood
26.I can‘t understand why you regard it as music.It ______ me mad！
A.puts B.sets C.drivers D.changes
27.Yesterday Mr Blake was caught in the rain and got wet through.______ he caught a bad cold.
A.Consequently B.Finally C.Lately D.Strangely
28.William likes to eat out，but he is not ______ about what he eats.
A.pecrliar B.unusual C.particular D.special
29.Their house stands at a hilltop， _____ the Hudson River down below.
A.seeing B.viewing C.looking at D.overlooking
30. I can„t understand why my boss is always _____fault with my work.
A.finding B.seeking C.looking D.making
31. This is the same knife _____ I lost yesterday.
A.which B.what C.like D. as
32. —— When will you be back？
—— I„ll be back _____a couple of days.
A.after B.for C.about D.in
33. We hear that they will _____ a new school here.
A.set down B.set up C.set off D.set out
34. He will never forget the days _____ he spent in Japan.
A.when B.after C.that D.how
35. Interestingly enough， the two brothers have noting in_______.
A. ordinary B.Common C.General D.particular
36. The scientists are trying to find out the facts to _______ their theory.
A. support B.carry C.design D.raise
37. The performance of the English team was ________. They played much worse than expected.
A. disappoint B. disappointing C. disappointed D. to disappoint
38. You are welcome to order the goods now. But payment should be made________.
A. for advance B. from advance C. in advance D. to advance
39. Speak louder so that you can make yourself _______.
A. heard B.to hear C.hearing D.have been heard
40. Now it won‘t be long before we meet again， ________？
A.will it B.do we C.won„t we D.does it
41. Americans eat______ vegetables per person today as they did in the 1960s.
A. more than twice B. as twice many
C. twice as many D. more than twice as many
42. I was so familiar with her that I recognized her voice ______ I picked up the phone.
A. the moment B. since C. before D. while
43. The education of ________ young is always ______ hot and serious topic.
A. /， / B. the， a C. /， the D. the， the
44. Dad wondered where I‘d been， and I ________ a story about being at Grandma’s
A. made out B. made up C. looked out D. looked up
45. Your sister doesn„t study as _______ as you do.
A.hard B.hardly C.harder D.hardest
PartⅢ Identification （10%）
Directions： Each of the following sentences has four underlined parts marked A， B， C and
D. Identify the one that is not correct. Then blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
46. No sooner had they entered the room when the telephone rang.
A B C D
47. As a graduate from high school， Tom is faced with three choices： attending college， finding a
A B C
job or the army.
48. Those freshmen hope to offer some part-time jobs to support themselves financially.
A B C D
49. It was his nervousness in the interview what probably caused him to lose the job.
A B C D
50. Lucy‘s parents give her everything she asks； what else does she need？
A B C D
51. I must work hard， however I‘ll fail in the exam.
A B C D
52. I am used to read the paper after lunch. That„s one of the things I really enjoy.
A B C D
53. He told us that John， as well as his brother， were coming to the party.
A B C D
54. Ted has sat an the table and drank more beer than is good for his health.
A B C D
55. With no one to turn over for help in such a frightening situation， she was in despair.
A B C D
Part IV Cloze （10%）
Directions： There are 20 blanks in the following passage， and for each blank there are 4 choices marked A ， B ， C ， and D at the end of the passage. You should choose ONE answer that best fits into the passage. Then blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
Experts suggest using a different password for every website you visit， and changing the password every few months. It takes trouble to keep them in mind， but it‘s well worth the 56 .Be 57 .with your passwords and make it difficult it is for someone to enter your 58 .The more 59 you make your password， the more difficult it is for someone else to figure it 60 .
Use privacy settings（设置）on social websites to 61 entry into your personal information and limit the 62 of private information you share. Even seemingly innocent information you expose about yourself could be used 63 you. I once read about a burglary（入室盗窃）。 It 64 that the thieves selected that particular home 65 they discovered the owner was out of town by 66 a Facebook message.
According to personal safety experts， it isn‘t a（n） 67 experience. The information you post on websites can 68 criminal activity. You may not think 69 about posting the concert you are going to or your weekend away， but could be a（n） 70 for trouble.
Information on the Internet has made it easier for thieves to steal any information about you. Never 71 your full birth date. Never respond to e-mails 72 personal or financial information. Do not freely offer personal information to anyone 73 you are certain who you are dealing with. 74 the necessary precautions（预防措施）is the best way to 75 you and your personal information stay protected.
56.A.effect B.effort C.labor D.matter
57.A.proud B.true C.honest D.creative
58.A.accounts B.records C.directions D.collections
59.A.complex B.careful C.diligent D.elastic
60.A.away B.on C.out D.in
61.A.respond B.resign C.restrict D.resemble
62.A.number B.amount C.pile D.piece
63.A.with B.for C.about D.against
64A.turned out B.turned in C.picked out D.picked up
65.A.which B.while C.because D.although
66.A.knowing B.reading C.inspecting D.realizing
67.A.impacted B.collected C.repaired D.isolated
68.A.lead to B.result from C.see off D.make up
69.A.out B.aloud C.once D.twice
70.A.resistance B.statement C.invitaion D.struggle
71.A.reveal B.revise C.resemble D.require
72.A.threatening B.requesting C.worshipping D.delivering
73.A.since B.as C.when D.untiil
74.A.Replacing B.Liberating C.Taking D.Depending
75.A.ensure B.separate C.spread D.switch
Part Ⅴ Translation（20%）
Directions： In this part there are five sentences which you should translate into Chinese.These sentences are all taken from the 3 passages you have just read in Reading Comprehension. You can refer back to the passages to identify their meanings in the context.
76.It can be a perfect mirror in certain lights， and the larger the glass， the more dangerous it is.
77.As glass office and apartment towers have increased in the last decade， so， too， have calls to make them less deadly to birds.
78.The entrepreneurship movement has its critics， especially among those who see college as a time for extensive academic exploration.
79.People with less education， for instance were more likely to report education regret.
80. Many participants also reported wishing they had worked less to spend more time with their children.
Directions： In this part there are five sentences in Chinese. You should translate them into English. Be sure to write clearly.
1-5 C B C A D
6-10 A B A D C
11-15 A B D C B
16-20 A B A D D
21-25 D C B C D
26-30 C A A D A
31-35 D D B A B
36-40 A C C A A
41-45 C D C A A
46-50 C D D C A
51-55 C C D C B
56-60 B D A A C
81.Standing by the window， he is thinking about his study programme.
82.She tries every effort to finish the work on time.
83.This novel，which I have read three times， is so moving.
84.I will tell him the news as soon as he comes back .
85 Thoughts can be expressed by words.
I. 词汇与结构 （20%）
1. There is no water in the bottle, _____ there?
A. isn’t B. is C. hasn’t D. has
2. We tried to settle the problem with them as soon as possible, but they seemed to _____ sincerity.
A. lack of B. be lack of C. lack in D. be lacking in
3. It has been 3 years ______ I last met him.
A. so B. for C. as D. since
4. Changchun, ______ capital of Jilin Province, is as important ______ industrial center as Shenyang.
A. /, an B. the, a C. the, the D. /, the
5. That _____ the case, we have to make some changes in our plan.
A. is B. was C. being D. has been
6. We won’t encourage him to do that _____ he is in good health.
A. despite B. in case C. even though D. when
7. The Great Wall is the place _____ almost all tourists would like to visit when they come to Beijing.
A. where B. of which C. in which D. which
8. _____ their terms, we would go bankrupt.
A. If we accept B. If we should accept
C. If we accepted D. If we are to accept
9. –Why don’t you take _____ to read on the train?
--Can you lend me _____ interesting?
A. anything, anything B. anything, something
C. something, something D. some, anything
10. The factory has turned out _____.
A. twice as much TV sets this year as last year
B. twice TV sets this year than last year
C. twice as many TV sets this year as it has last year
D. twice as many TV sets this year as it did last year
11. The earth might look like a perfect sphere, but careful measurements _____.
A. show that it is not B. show that it is C. that show it is not D. show it that is not
12. Nebraska is a state of the U.S. whose name comes from an Indian word _____ ―river in the flatness‖.
A. means B. the meaning of C. meaning D. is meant
13. Claudius Ptolemy, _____ of the first century A.D., left a good description of the geocentric theory.
A. he was an astronomer and a philosopher
B. being an astronomer and a philosopher
C. who was an astronomer and a philosopher
D. was an astronomer and a philosopher
14. Near the White House is another famous landmark _____ the Washington Monument.
A. is which B. which call C. called D. it is called
15. _____ coming of the Space Age, a new dimension has been added to the study of the planets.
A. While B. It is the C. When the D. With the
16. It is useful to science _____ the earth as an object in space.
A. to consider B. which considers C. considers D. the consideration of
17. For many children, nothing seems to exciting ______ their first airplane ride.
A. so does B. as C. on D. is
18. _____ our records, you have been in prison six times.fanwen.wenku1.comp>
A. It is according to B. That it is according
C. While according to D. According to
19. _____, Nathan Hale was a young school teacher living in Connecticut.
A. When the American Revolution began B. The American Revolution began
C. It was when the American Revolution began
D. The beginning of the American Revolution
20. Some bees make the characteristic monotonous noise known as buzzing _____.
A. but their wings are vibrated rapidly B. the vibration of their wings is rapid
C. by vibrating their wings rapidly D. and their wings rapidly vibrating
21. I have devoted four weekends to writing papers and now I feel I ____ as a rest.
A. deserve B. preserve C. conceive D. receive
22. The ball _____ two or three times before rolling down the slope.
A. swayed B. bounced C. hopped D. darted
23. A window in the kitchen was _____; there was rubbish everywhere, and the curtains and carpets had been stolen.
A. scattered B. scraped C. scratched D. smashed
24. While nuclear weapons present grave _____ dangers, the predominant crisis of overpopulation is with us today.
A. inevitable B. constant C. overwhelming D. potential
25. The fact that they reacted so differently was a reflection of their different _____.
A. performances B. personalities C. qualities D. appearances
26. We should be able to do the job for you quickly, _____ you give us all the necessary information.
A. in case B. provided that C. or else D. as if
27. Over the past 10 years, natural gas production has remained steady, but _____ has risen steadily.
A. dissipation B. disposal c. consumption D. expenditure
28. We don’t _____ any difficulties in completing the project so long as we keep within budget.
A. foresee B. fabricate C. infer D. inhabit
29. This problem _____ all of us.
A. concerns B. states C. proclaims D. relates
30. Every society has its own peculiar customs and _____ of acting.
A. ways B. behaviors C. attitudes D. means
31. I found it difficult to _____ my career ambitions with the need to bring up my children.
A. consolidate B. amend C. reconcile D. Intensify
32. The Spanish team, who are not in superb form, will be doing their best next week to _____ themselves on the German team for last year’s defeat.
A. remedy B. reproach C. subject D. revenge
33. The prisoner has been _____ of many privileges that average citizens enjoy.
A. ensured B. informed C. deprived D. convinced
34. It is one thing to locate oil, but it is quite another to _____ and transport it to the industrial center.
A. permeate B. extract C. distinguish D. concentrate
35. Put on your sun glasses or the sun will _____ you and you won’t be able to see.
A. discern B. distort C. distract D. dazzle
36. Most people in the modern world _____ freedom and independence more than anything else.
A. embody B. cherish C. fascinate D. illuminate
37. President Wilson attempted to _____ between the powers to end the war, but neither side was prepared to give in.
A. segregate B. whirl C. compromise D. mediate
38. Their claims to damages have not been convincingly _____.
A. refuted B. overwhelmed C. depressed D. intimidated
39. Weeks _____ before anyone was arrested in connection with the bank robbery.
A. terminated B. elapsed C. overlapped D. expired
40. In November 1987 the government _____ a public debate on the future direction of the official sports policy.
A. initiated B. designated C. induced D. promoted
A B C D ’
A B C D attractions.
43. In the 1800’
A B C .
A B C D A B C D
A B C D
A B C D
A B C D alley
A B C D A B C D
III. 完形填空 （15%）
When you read to learn English composition, you _51_ regard the language as the main thing.
When you read a _52_ in English, do you read it for the story or for the English? This is a question that is not so foolish _53_ it may seem, _54_ I find that many students of English _55_ far more attention to the story _56_ to the English. They read and enjoy and _57_ a long time afterwards remember the story, but do not _58_ to study the use of words and _59_ in it. For instance, they know the plot of the story _60_, but do not remember a _61_sentence in the story and can not tell _62_ preposition is used before or _63_ a certain word which functions as a noun, a verb or an adjective.
Of course, it is all right to read and enjoy and remember a story, and so long as one -64_ to know the story only, one need not -65_ about the language. But the case is quite different with a student of English.
51. A. ought B. need C. would D. ought to
52. A. writing B. essay C. story D. report
53. A. that B. as C. than D. as if
54. A. for B. when C. since D. therefore
55. A. take B. gain C. put D. pay
56. A. due B. than C. thanks D. rather
57. A. during B. in C. for D. on
58. A. care B. dream C. stop D. expect
59. A. paragraphs B. letters C. terms D. phrases
60. A. in heart B. for mind C. by heart D. to mind
61. A. single B. simple C. long D. compound
62. A. any B. what C. whether D. certain
63. A. under B. after C. over D. behind
64. A. does B. wants C. satisfies D. fails
65. A. concern B. bring C. study D. bother
People can be addicted to different things — e. g. alcohol, drugs, certain foods, or even television. People who have such an addiction are compulsive, i. e. they have a very powerful psychological need that they feel they must satisfy. According to psychologists, many people are compulsive spenders. They feel that they must spend money. This compulsion, like most others, is irrational — impossible to explain reasonably. For compulsive spenders who buy on credit, charge accounts (赊购账) are even more exciting than money. In other words, compulsive spenders feel that with credit, they can do anything. Their pleasure in spending enormous amounts is actually greater than the pleasure that they get from the things they buy.
There is even a special psychology of bargain hunting. To save money, of course, most people look for sales, low prices, and discounts. Compulsive bargain hunters, however, of ten buy things that they don't need just because they are cheap. They want to believe that they are helping their budgets, but they are really playing an exciting game. When they can buy something for less than other people, they feel that they are winning. Most people, experts claim, have two reasons for their behavior: a good reason for the things that they do and the real reason.
It is not only scientists, of course, who understand the psychology of spending habits, but also businesspeople. Stores, companies, and advertisers use psychology to increase business: They consider people's needs for love, power, or influence, their basic values, their beliefs and opinions, and so on in their advertising and sales methods.
Psychologists often use a method called
66. According to the psychologists, a compulsive spender is one who spends large amounts of money ______.
A) and takes great pleasure from what he or she buys
B) in order to satisfy his or her basic needs in life
C) just to meet his or her strong psychological need
D) entirely with an irrational eagerness
67. According to the writer, compulsive bargain hunters are in constant search of the lowest possible prices _____.
A) because they want to save money to help their budgets
B) because they can openly boast of their triumph over others in getting things for less
C) and will not have money problems if they can keep to their budgets
D) but they seldom admit they feel satisfied if they can get things for less than others
68. Which of the following is true?
A) All people spend money for exactly the same reason that they need to buy things.
B) Businesspeople and advertisers can use the psychology of money to increase sales.
C) Businesspeople understand the psychology of compulsive buying better than scientists do.
D) compulsive bargain hunters do not have problems with money.
69. The article is mainly about_____.
A) the psychology of money-spending habits
B) the purchasing habits of compulsive spenders
C) a special psychology of bargain hunting
D) the use of the psychology of spending habits in business
70. From the passage we may safely conclude that compulsive spenders or compulsive bargain hunters _____.
A) are really unreasonable
B) need special treatment
C) are really beyond remedies
D) can never get any help to solve their problems with money
Hawaii’s (夏威夷的) native minority is demanding a greater degree of sovereignty（主权）over its own affairs. But much of the archipelago’s（群岛的）political establishment which includes the White Americans who dominated until the Second World War and people of Japanese, Chinese and Filipino origin, is opposed to the idea.
The islands were annexed（并吞）by the US in 1898 and since then Hawaii’s native peoples have fared worse than any of its other ethnic groups. They make up over 60 percent of the state’s homeless, suffer higher levels of unemployment and their life span is five years less than the average Hawaiians. They are the only major US native group without some degree of autonomy.
But a sovereignty advisory committee set up by Hawaii’s first native governor, John Waihee, has given the natives’ cause a major boost by recommending that the Hawaiian natives decide by themselves whether to re-establish a sovereign Hawaiian nation.
However, the Hawaiian natives are not united in their demands. Some just want
greater autonomy within the state—as enjoyed by many American Indian natives over matters such as education. This is position supported by the Office of Hawaiian Affairs(OHA), a state agency set up in 1978 to represent the natives’ interests and which has now become the moderate face of the native sovereignty movement. More ambitious is the Ka Lahui group, which declared itself a new nation in 1987 and wants full, official independence from the US.
But if Hawaiian natives are given greater autonomy, it is far from clear how many people this will apply to. The state authorities only count those as native people with more than 50 percent Hawaiian blood.
Native demands are not just based on political grievances（苦衷）, though. They also want their claim on 660,000 hectares（公顷）of Hawaiian crown land（公有土地）to be accepted. It is on this issue that native groups are facing most opposition from the state authorities. In 1933, the state government paid the OHA US＄136 million in back rent（欠租）on the crown land and many officials say that by accepting this payment the agency has given up its claims to legally own the land. The OHA has vigorously disputed this.
71. Which of the following is/are referred to as part of Hawaii’s native minority?
A. Hawaii’s ethnic groups
B. people of Filipino origin
C. the Ka Lahui group
D. people with 50% Hawaiian blood
72. Which of the following statements is true of the Hawaiian natives?
A. Sixty percent of them are homeless or unemployed.
B. Their life span is 5 years shorter than average Americans.
C. Their life is worse than that of other ethnic groups in Hawaii.
D. They are the only native group without sovereignty.
73. Which of the following is NOT true of John Waihee?
A. He is Hawaii’s first native governor.
B. He has set up a sovereignty advisory committee.
C. He suggested the native people decide for themselves.
D. He is leading the local independent movement.
74. Which of the following groups holds a less radical attitude on the matter of sovereignty?
A. American Indian natives.
B. Office of Hawaiian Affairs.
C. The Ka Lahui group.
D. The Hawaiian natives.
75. Various native Hawaiians demand all the following EXCEPT_______.
A. a greater autonomy within the state
B. more back rent on the crown land
C. a claim on the Hawaiian crown land
D. full independence from the US
76. What is stated in paragraph 1 about Alder?
A. He was one of the first to study the effect of birth order on personality.
B. He believed that it was the actual numerical birth order that affected personality.
C. He had found that the responses by family members had little to do with personality.
D. He was the only one to study birth order.
77. The author includes the idea that ―These studies have tented to classify birth order types into four different categories‖ in paragraph 2 in order to ____.
A. announce what ideas will be presented in the following paragraphs
B. show how other studies differed from Adler’s
C. explain how alder classified his work
D. describe the various ways that different studies have categorized birth order groups
78. Which of the following is NOT true, according to the passage?
A. First-borns tend to do well in individual sports.
B. Middle children tend to have preference for team sports.
C. Last-borns tend to prefer games with fierce competition.
D. Only children tend to prefer individual over team sports.
79. The phrase ―more achievement oriented‖ in the last paragraph is closest in meaning to _____.
A. more directly involved B. more focused on accomplishments
C. more skilled as leaders D. more aware of surroundings
80. Which of the following would be most likely to have a successful career but few close friendships?
A. A second-born B. A middle child C. A last-born D. An only child
V. 英汉翻译 （15%）
81. If an environment is created wherein non-Chinese feel uncomfortable, they will not stay.
82. Reading exercises one’s eyes; speaking, one’s tongue; while writing, one mind.
83. Men become desperate for work, any work, which will help them to keep alive their families.
84. One of the interests I share with my Chinese husband is sports and we enjoy the feeling of breaking into sweat.
85. I was so positively affected by last summer’s conference and I decided to return this year.
86. Directions: For this part, you’re allowed twenty minutes to write a composition on the topic ou should write 100-200 words and you should base your composition on the outline below:
1.除非他做错事，否则不会受到批评。Unless he does something wrong, or he will not be criticized. 2.沉甸甸的果实压弯了树枝
The fruits were so heavy that they bent the branches.
3.到18世纪末，英国正迅速成为世界的工厂。By the end of the eighteenth century England was fast becoming the workshop of the world. 4.到了明年7月，我在这里读书将已三年了。By July of next year I shall have studied here for three years.
5.到他来的时候，我们已经等了他两个小时了。We had been waiting for him for two hours by the time he came.
6.当你在学校附近，尽管周围没有小孩，你也必须减慢你的速度。When you are near the school, you must slow down, even though there is no child around.
Nothing can interrupt him when he is working. FGHIJ
1.尽管任务非常艰巨，我们仍然努力去完成。Although the taskfanwen.wenku1.com is very tough, we still try our best to finish it.
Although there is not enough time for the tough task, we still tried out best to accomplish it.
Jane was so proud of her city that she was never bored of guiding the tourists to look around. 4.假如你昨天到达，你就能见到她。
You would have seen her if you arrived yesterday. KLMNO
1.老师布置了要读多少章节的作业？How many chapters should be read for homework according to the teacher?
2.你弄到这些足球票费了好大劲吧？ Did you make great effort to get these football tickets? PQRST
1.喷气式飞机直到第二次世界大战才被使用。Jet hadn't been used until the Second World War.
2.如果 我见到她 我会叫她等一下If I see her, I will ask her to wait a moment.
3.18世纪末，英国迅速成为世界的工厂At the end of the 18th century,
Britain became the world’s factory quickly. 4.是牛顿发现物体之间是互相吸引的。
It was Newton who found that objects attract each other. 5.他被禁止入城（ban）He was banned to enter the city.
6.他父亲发起脾气行为举止很粗鲁。His father’s behavior is very rude when he loses his temper.
7.她很想获得颁奖。She is eager to be awarded prizes.
8.她认为她的成功是努力的结果。She think her success is the result of efforts.
9.她被迫等了一个多小时（make）。 She was made to wait for more than an hour.
10.他的口音说明他是个外国人(betray)。His accent betrayed the fact that he was a foreigner.
11.他工作时，什么也不能分散他的心思(abstract)。Nothing can abstract his mind while he works.
12.他心跳得如此之快，以至于他几乎喘不过气来 (beat)。His heart beats so fast that he could hardly breathe.
13.他们近期新建的机场距离城市20公里。The airport they build recently is 20 kilometers away from the city.
14.他在申请一份职员工作。He was applying for a clerk. 15.她想知道是否下午5点后打电话更会省钱。
She wonders if it is cheaper to make a telephone call after 5 pm. 16.他到达时，我们已经在那里等了2个小时。
We’ve been waiting two hours when he arrived.
1.我在专心致志地看书，没听见你叫我(absorb)。I was absorbed in a book and did not hear you call.
2.我在这里读书，到明年七月将近三年了。I will have been studying here for nearly three years in July next year.
3.我建议你们早点动身去机场（suggest）。I suggest you leave for the airport earlier.
4.我们完全意识到局势的严重性(aware)。We have been aware of the ponderance of the situation completely.
5.我们就供应牛奶与农场主讨价还价 (bargain)。We bargained the creamery accommodation problem with the farmers.
6.我恳求他们不要在她面前提起我的名字。I beg them not to mention my name before her.
7.我们的军队在那场战斗中获得胜利。Our army won that battle. 8.我想知道如何解释空间通讯的重要性。
I’d like to know how to explain the importance of the space com
9.无论她带游客参观多少次这个城市，她都从不厌烦谈论她的城市。No matter how many times she has showed the tourists around the city, she would not be sick of talking about her city.
10.校长授予优秀学生以荣誉称号(bestow)。The president of our university bestowed honors on the best students. 11.校长颁发了班级优秀学生荣誉称号。
The headmaster awarded the excellent students the honor title. 12.校长授予优秀学生予荣誉称号。
The headmaster awarded the excellent students the honor title. 13.细菌太小，肉眼看不见。Bacteria are too small to be seen. 14.要是他早点动手，就能赶上火车了。If he had done it earlier, he could have caught the train.
15.一旦你显出害怕的样子，他就会向你进攻（show,attack）。Once you show scare, he will attack you.
16.一辈子不犯错误的人是没有的。（lifetime）.There is nobody doesn’t make mistakes in a lifetime.
17.这个小女孩渴望受到嘉奖 (avid)。The little girl is avid for praise. 18.在化学变化中，能量既不会创造，也不会消失。In chemical changes, energy will not create and will not disappear.
19.这家旅馆可供500人住宿(accommodate) 。This hotel can accommodate five hundred persons. 20.这些票的有效期只有7天。
The period of validity of these tickets are only 7 days. 21.在十八世纪末，英国迅速成为世界的工厂。
Britain quickly became the world’s factory at the end of the 18 century.