Aa： 1、 Cc： 2、 B. Ee： 3、A. B. D. 4、 5、 B. 6、 Gg： 7、A. (g的发音) B. C. D. 8、 Ii： 9、A. B. 10、A. Oo： 11、A. B. C. D. 12、A. B. C. D. 13、 14、 15、 16、 17、 18、A. B. C. 19、A . B. D. ） Ss： 20、 Tt： 21、A. B. C. D. 22、
1.B 2C 3D 4C 5A 6A 7A 8B 9D 10A
11A 12D 13D 14B 15A 16A 17D 18B 19D 20C 21A 22A
1，A.匹配√B.快C. D.伤心 抄送：
10，√A.记B.限制C. D.城市以来 吴：
1 A .South B loudly C bought D brown
2 A exercise B exit C text D expensive
3 A city B mind C commit D since
4 A case B nose C list D sight
5 A text B expensive C exercise D exit
6 A how B operate C on D a
7 A cold B old C whole D some
8 A good B moon C look D book
9 A grammar B large C gay D glory
10 A sight B case C nose D list
11 A daughter B enough C fight D neighbor
12 A ground B about C out D would
13 A low B now C grow D Snow
14 a brown b south c loudly d bought
15 a with b time c light d like
16 a large b gay c glory d grammar
17 a exercise b exit c text d expensive
18 a noise b place c office d horse
19 A match B fast C have D sad
20 A whole B some C cold D old
21 A fast B have C said D match
22 A libraries B grapes C changes D tables
23 A either B though C through D another
24 .A mind B limit C since D city
25 A have B sad C match D fast
3．A市乙心Ç提交ð自 例乙鼻子ÇD名单视线 文字乙贵C行使D出口 6乙如何操作C对D A
16个大B同性恋ç荣耀 - 语法
CDBBB ADBBC BDBDA ADABB AACAD
A. holiday B. some C. come D. cover
A.thousand B. surround C. cloudy D. should
A.great B. fate C. palace D. grade
A. move B. notice C. motor D. whole
A.choose B. flood C. spoon D. food
A.grapes B. Changes C. tables D. libraries
A. enough B. fight C. neighbor D. daughter
A. would B. ground C. about D. out
A. large B. gay C. glory D. grammar
A.brown B. south C. loudly D. bought
A. thrown B. and then C. the results D. their
A. and B. are C. for D. Now
A.arrived B. can see C. of the D. that
A.instead of B. lie C. in bed D. working
A. there B. than C. driving a car D. easier
A. match B. fast C. have D. sad
A,cold B. old C. whole D. some
A. through B. another C. either D. though
A. out B. would C. ground D. about
A.neighbor B. fight C. enough D. daughter
A. boug t B. brown C. south D. loudly
A. out B. would C. ground D. about
A. sight B. case C. nose D. list5.
A.daughter B. enough C. fight D. Neighbor
A. move B. notice C. motor D. whole
A.thousand B. surround C. cloudy D. should
A. holiday B. some C. come D. cover
A.choose B. flood C. spoon D. food
A.great B. fate C. palace D. Grade
3. . A.很大B.命运√C. D.级宫殿
12. . √A. B. C. D.
14. √B.谎言而不是在床上C. D.工作
16. A比赛√B.速度快C. D.伤心
18. √A.通过B.另一C.要么D.虽然 出
19. √A. B. C.地面D.有关
21. √A.买B.棕色C.南D.大声 出
22. √A. B. C.地面D.有关
23. A视线B.情况√C.鼻子D. list5。
29. A很大B.命运√C. D.级宫殿
第 1 页 共 7 页
13. scratch ——check
14. master ——tiresome
15. pigoen ——Jewish
16. opposite ——balloon
17. scatter ——gravity
18. pressure ——directly
19. float ——bellows
20. twinkle ——drink
21. essay ——away
22. splendid ——wretched
23. singer ——tongue
24. mountain ——captain
25. owner ——narrow
26. mouth ——south
27. stomach ——books
28. century ——actual
29. forehead ——regret
30. chapter ——check
31. period ——perseverance
32. counter ——south
33. eyebrow ——town
34. geography ——remark
35. replied ——entered
36. candle ——taxi
37. cross ——fond
38. postmark ——chance
39. appear ——atmosphere
40. stamps ——desks
41. irrigate ——mirror
42. waist ——paint
43. improve ——include
44. quiet ——society
45. behind ——blind
第 1 页 共 7 页 46. latent ——squirrel 47. flood ——blood 48. cookie ——wolf 49. mud ——lung 50. creature ——belief1
1. The bridge was named after the hero who gave his life for the cause of the people.
2. There were no tickets available for Friday’s performance.
3. Many new opportunities will be opened up in the future for those with a university
4. The rain was heavy and consequently the land was flooded.
5. The engine gives off smoke and steam.
6. Don’t release this news to the public until we give you the go-ahead.
7. My camera can be adjusted to take pictures in cloudy or sunny conditions.
8. Children who are over-protected by their parents may become spoiled.
9. When Mr.Jones gets old, he will hand over his business to his son.
10. Some old people don’t like pop songs because they can’t resist so much noise.
11. It was difficult to guess what her reaction to the news would be.
12. There were some artificial flowers on the table.
13. We are interested in the weather because it affects us directly what we wear,
what we do, where we go and even how we feel.
14. Chlidren are very curious by nature.
15. I hope my teacher will take my recent illness into consideration when judging
16. When I was very young, I was terribly frightened of school, but I soon got over
17. Many people complain of the rapid pace of modern life.
18. American women were denied the right to vote until 1920 after many years of hard
19. He was ashamed of having asked such a silly question.
20. Mr.Morgan can be very sad in private , though in public he is extremely cheerful.
21. Students or teachers can participate in excursions to lovely beaches around the
island at regular intervals.
22. Physics is equivalent to the science which was called natural philosophy in
23. Finding a job in such a big company has always been beyond his wildest dreams.
24. It is not easy to learn English well, but if you hang on, you will succeed in
25. Last year the advertising rate rose by 20 percent.
26. The strong storm did a lot of damage to the coastal villages: several fishing
boats were wrecked and many houses collapsed.
27. You see the lightening the instant it happens, but you hear the thunder later.
28. The manager lost his temper just because his secretary was ten minutes late.
29. Please be careful when you are drinking coffee in case you stain the new carpet.
30. Convenience foods which are already prepared for cooking are available in grocery
31. Sixty percent of the readers chose her as their favorite writer.
32. Excuse me. I haven’t taken my textbook with me. Shall we share one?
33. The news you told me the other day has yet to be confirmed.
34. Quite a lot of people watch TV only to kill time.
35. Tom’s parents died when he was young, so he was brought up by his uncle.
36. The textile industry contributes greatly to the economy of Hong Kong.
37. Depending on intuition, Mary led us through an unknown part of the forest.
38. The little boy, who got home very late, was greatly relieved when he found out
he had been spared.
39. I was told that this cloth would not shrink in the wash, but it did.
40. He just couldn’t figure out what in the world she had been talking about all
41. The old lady felt very disappointed when her daughter forgot her birthday.
42. I’d like to go over the lessons once more before we take the exam tomorrow.
43. The little girl woke up screaming because she had a nightmare.
44. Would you please help me to wrap up the present for the old gentleman?
45. She has to reason to refuse John’s invitation.
46. Tom has got a decent job in a chemical factory.
47. Being poor is no disgrace while being dishonest certainly is.
48. When you read a book in a hurry, you can skip some less important details.
49. He used to have a hobby of stamp-collection, but he has given it up.
50. She talked to him for a long time and dissuaded him from doing that dangerous
1. (thirst)Do you have any water? Iam (thirsty)todeath.
2. (industry)The United States is an(industrialized) nation, so we still have a
long way to catch it.
3. (silent)She gave her husband a sharp look to (silence) him.
4. (economic)I am a college student now. My major is (economics).
5. (wonder)Don’t you think that’s a (wonderful)story?
6. (lie)It seems that he can always lie his way out of trouble. But sooner or later,
people will find him a (liar).
7. (patience)Nelson is certainly unfit for the teaching profession, for he is too
(impatient) with slow learners.
8. (child)He was born in China, spent his (childhood)in England, and now he is an
9. (disappoint)To our great (disappointment),Mrs White won’t be able to join us
in the party this weekend.
10. (invent)What an important(invention)he has made!
11. (able)Airplanes（enable）people to travel great distances rapidly.
12. (add)They need(additional)help to get the work done as planned.
13. (wide)The roads have to be (widened)so that problem of traffic jam can be solved.
14. (sharp)Your scissors needs to be (sharpened).
15. (honest)He said he would have nothing to do with(dishonest)people who always
16. (decide)While still a young boy, Louis made his(decision)to become a scientist.
17. (encourage)High interest rates (discourage)people from borrowing money from
18. (solve)We will not give up until we find a satisfactory (solution) to the problem.
19. (mystery)It was very (mysterious)how he had got into the room without being seen.
20. (produce)His farm is so (productive)that he grew more corn than he could sell.
21. (lock)Before you enter the house, you have to (unlock)the door.
22. (propose)I feel very sorry that the boss didn’t pay any attention to my
23. (unexpected)Frankly speaking, I didn’t (expect)to see you here.
24. (unusual)I (usually)go shopping on Sundays, but this coming Sunday I am going
25. (ordinary)This novel is(extraordinarily)interesting. I suggest you read it.
语法Part 3 Structure
1. It wasn’t such a good dinner (as) she had promised us.
2. They decided to chase the cow away (before) it did more damage.
3. (Any) student with a little common sense should be able to answer the question.
4. All (that) is a continuous supply of the basic necessities of life .
5. (When compared) with the size of the whole earth, the highest mountain does not
seem high at all.
6. He must have had an accident, or he (would have been here) then..
7. It was essential that the application forms (be sent) back before the deadline.
8. We (had just had) our breakfast when an old man came to the door.
9. The manager promised to keep me (informed) of how our business was going on.
10. She never laughed, (nor did she ever) lose her temper.
11. I decided to go to the library as soon as I (finish what I did).
12. The teacher doesn’t permit (smoking) in class.
13. I like watching TV (more than going) to the cinema.
14. I appreciate (being invited) to your home.
15. You (needn’t have done) all those calculations! We have a computer to do that
sort of thing.
16. The speaker, (known) for her splendid speeches, was warmly received by the
17. No sooner had we reached the top of the hill (that) we all sat down to rest.
18. Evidence came up (that) specific speech sounds are recognized by babies as young
as 6 months old.
19. The last time we had a family reunion was (at) my brother’s wedding ceremony
four years ago.
20. How close parents are to their children (has) a strong influence on the character
of the children.
21. Only a few minutes was (spent) learning how to use the telephone book.
22. Nature had equipped the fellow (with) two hands, but not ,obviously, (with) the
brains to use them properly.
23. When filled with a gas lighter than air, a balloon can (float) in the air.
24. Only when (he comes will it be) possible to settle this problem.
25. Since you have written to each other, you should (keep in touch with) him without
26. So excited (did he seem) that he could not say a word.
27. Obviously, his opinion is completely opposite (to) ours.
28. He began to speak to us in an (excited) and (trembling) voice.
29. It was not until the teacher came (that the students stopped talking).
30. -These students work very hard. -(So they do) I always find them studying.
31. Tom is the boy (who) I think scored the winning points for the basketball team.
32. Madame Curie is believed (to have discovered) radium.
33. (Whether it rains or not) is of no concem to me.
34. Later, Tom was told (why what) he had done was not necessary.
35. Would you consider (going) to Finland with us this summer?
36. (So) great was the destruction that the South took decades to recover.
37. I (wouldn't) talk that way if I were Peter.
38. I (didn't go) swimming until Father returned.
39. You ought not to (have told) him the news that day.
40. (It is only when) the people have become masters of their own country (that)
science can really serve the people.
41. This is my handbag, and that is (yours).
42. My wallet is made (of) leather. And what about yours?
43. Who is the man standing (over) there?
44. Excuse me, sir. I've lost my watch. Do you have (the) time?
45. What a shame! I could (no longer) to the movie with her.
46. She insist that i (go) to the movie with her.
47. No one could (live on) so little money a month.
48. He was put into prison (under) the law of this state.
49. Mark Twain was famous (for) his excellent writings.
50. The accident nearly (led to) a world war.
Memory when served those none good at arguments socially Suddenly put joy As for him time hand in graded loud Somebody pleasure for laugh
1. Don't talk about her son's behavior at school. It's a(n) (embarrassing) topic to her.
2. China has great (potential) to become an economic power in not too long a time.
3. That small country has (declared) independence.
4. The manger (insisted) that the new employees go through professional training
before they started working.
5. Alice is a quiet girl, She never gets (involved) in the womanish gossip of the class.
6. I hate to be (interrupted) when I'm speaking.
7. The deadline is only three days away. We can't (affond) the waste of a single minute in doing the work.
8. Old people tend to (stick to) traditional ideas.
9. The young clerk tries to earn more money by working (extra) hours.
10. She finally succeeded in (persuading) her husband to give up smoking.
11. You are lucky since you've never (lost) anything in your life.
12. What are you doing? I'm (searching) the bedroom for my wallet.
13. Even after the meeting they still couldn't agree with each other because that's a (controversial) topic.
14. Look!Someone has (spilt) tea on the floor.
15. Where have you been all this time? I've been (worried) about you.
16. Everybody has (wondered) if there is anything wrong with the boss, for he keeps shaking his head all the whole morning.
17. Before he is given the job in this company, everybody has to be (interviewed) by the manager.
18. How can I get to the top floor of this hotel? You may take the (lift).
19. When we make tea, we must always use (boiling) water.
20. My grandpa always listens to national and (international) news in the morning.
21. Wang Ping says that she doesn't like her physics teacher because she is very (strict) and makes them work very hard.
22. Do you (prefer) classes on TV or on the radio?
23. I'm watching a football game between England and Scotland. Look! England are (attacking) again.
24. Two policemen are watching the (secne) of a crime.
25. Listen! This is a telephone (conversation) between two friends.
26. Can you mend my bicycle? It has a (flat) tyre.
27. Tom told me he would be here at 8 o'clock. So I'm (expecting) him.
28. I'm watching
29. What a shame! The baby has been (scratched) by the pet cat.
30. Several customers are (complaining) to the manager about the terrible food of the restaurant.
语法Part 3 Structure
1. Dick won’t drive us to the station. He has (too small a car) to take us all.
2. What time does my flight leave (on) Tuesday?
3. I usually have a walk (on) Sunday morning.
4. It has been a long time (since) I saw you last time.
5. In this conversation, the TV interviewer is interviewing a person (about) her holiday aboard.
6. We (lived) in London from 1950 to 1960, but me (have moved) now.
7. (Being interested) in English, he’s never missed any English class.
8. He spoke as if he (had never lived) in England before.
9. I know you’re planning to travel this summer, but do you know (how much it will cost)?
10. The stolen necklace must be recovered (at any cost).
11. Let’s go, (shall we)?
12. He has not been to Paris yet, and (I haven’t either).
13. If she (were) to come tomorrow, I would tell her everything.
14. The line was busy; someone (must have been using) the telephone.
15. A pretty face may win friends but it takes character and personality to hold
16. In one year, about twenty million dolls were bought before Christmas. Dolls were by far (the most popular) Christmas toys.
17. I can read your thought so (well) that I know what you’re going to say.
18. Your little girl is becoming very rude. You (ought to) scold her.
19. I don’t remember (having seen him) before.
20. Please listen to me. It’s inappropriate for you to persist in (doing) this.
21. If we (had had) enough money, we could have stayed there a week longer.
22. He had difficulties making himself understood, but we didn’t (show any sign of) impatience.
23. Two old friends meet (by) chance in the street.
24. He is one of the students who (are) always on time.
25. Neither Larry’s father nor his mother (was) at home.
26. The famous Yong Le Bell is three times (as tall as a man).
27. It was not cool enough for us to sleep (well).
28. Marina is too young to (be left) in the house without a baby-sister.
29. Being written in pencil, the letter was difficult (to make) out.
30. It was unkind of you to do that. You (should not have) done so.
31. Shakespeare wrote many of his plays (during) the reigh of Queen Elizabeth 1.
A lot of natural resources in the mountain area are to be exploited and used. 那个山区有
All that glitters is not gold.33. 闪光的东西，未必都是金子。 Apples here like water and sunshine. 这里的苹果喜欢水和阳光。
As is known to all, China is a developing country. 众所周知，中国是一个发展中国家。 Bill hit his car into a wall last night. 31. 昨晚比尔开车时车撞到了墙上。
Each time history repeats itself, the price goes up. 历史每重演一次，代价就增加（一
Fred was such a hardworking student that he soon came our first in the class. 弗莱德是一
He has taught English in this university ever since he moved to this city.33. 自从他来到
I was having a nap when suddenly the telephone rang. 32. 我在睡觉时，电话铃突然响
If you decided to learn a new language, you would have to dedicate yourself
wholeheartedly to the cause.33． 如果你决定学一门新的语言，你必须全身心地投入。
In an age of plenty, we feel spiritual hunger.在这个物质财富充裕的时代，我们感到精神
In Foreign Languages Department, a checking machine is used to correct the students’ test
In no other country in the world can you find such plants as this one. 31. 像这种植物在
JANE为自己的城市自豪，当她当游客参观时从不感到厌烦。Jane was so proud of her
city that she was never bored of guiding the tourists to look around.
John and his brother differ in personality even if their differences in age are not significant.32． 尽管约翰和他哥哥在年纪上相差不大，但他们的个性却不相同。 Please give this book to whoever comes first. 请把这本书给最先来的人。
Ted and William have lived under the same roof for five years.泰德和威廉已经在同一个
The more passions we have, the more happiness we are likely to experience. 我们的激情
The most common samples of inorganic materials are the gases of the atmosphere, water,
rocks, etc. 大气中的气体、水、岩石都是无机物中最普通的实例。
The students are encouraged by their teacher to do more listening, reading and writing.老
There is a large amount of energy wasted due to friction. 由于摩擦而损耗了大量的能
This place has plentiful material resources. 这个地方的物质资源是丰富的。
Though it was late, they kept on working.尽管已经很晚了，他们还在继续工作。
Tom’s father has taught English here since he graduated from Peking University. 汤姆的
Transistors are small in size and light in weight. 31． 晶体管的体积小，重量轻。
Various substances differ widely in their magnetic characteristics.各种材料的磁性有很
Would you please help me with this heavy box? 32. 你能帮我抬一下这个很沉的箱子
You needn’t go there anymore. He already knows about it. 31. 你不必去了，他已经知道
18世纪末，英国迅速成为世界的工厂At the end of the 18th century, Britain became the
world’s factory quickly.
沉甸甸的果实压弯了树枝。The fruits were so heavy that they bent the branches.
除非他做错事，否则不会受到批评Unless he does something wrong, or he will not be
从他的语音说明他是外国人。His accent tells that he’s a foreigner. 当你在学校附近，尽管周围没有小孩，你也必须减慢你的速度。When you are near the
school, you must slow down, even though there is no child around
当他工作时，没有什么事件能打扰他。Nothing can interrupt him when he is working. 到18世纪末，英国正迅速成为世界的工厂。By the end of the eighteenth century England
was fast becoming the workshop of the world. 到了明年7月，我在这里读书将已三年了。By July of next year I shall have studied here
for three years. 到他来的时候，我们已经等了他两个小时了。We had been waiting for him for two hours
by the time he came. 到他来的时候，我们已经等了他两个小时了。We have been waiting for two hours when
毫无疑问，所有的电视节目都应该是有教育意义的。84、There is no doubt that all
television programs should be educational.
假如你昨天到达，你就能见到她。You would have seen her if you arrived yesterday. 尽管任务非常艰巨，我们仍然努力去完成。Although the task is very tough, we still try
our best to finish it.
尽管任务重时间紧，我们仍然努力去完成。Although there is not enough time for the
tough task, we still tried out best to accomplish it.
老师布置读多少章节作为家庭作业(assign)Teacher assigned the number of chapters
read as homework
老师布置了要读多少章节的作业？How many chapters should be read for homework
according to the teacher?
没有钢铁，就不会有现代化的工业。82、Without iron and steel (也可以用If there were
no iron and steel), there would be no modern industry.
你弄到这些足球票费了好大劲吧？Did you make great effort to get these football
喷气式飞机直到第二次世界大战才被使用。Jet hadn't been used until the Second World
全速进入大气层的飞船会彻底烧毁而消灭。85、A spaceship entering the earth's
atmosphere at full speed would burn up completely and disappear.
任务虽然艰巨，但我们一定要把它完成Alough the works are hard,we must finish
如果 我见到她 我会叫她等一下If I see her, I will ask her to wait a moment.
如果没有空气，地球上就不可能产生任何生命If there is no air, the earth would not
produce any life
是牛顿发现物体之间是互相吸引的。It was Newton who found that objects attract each
受到别人嘲笑，他受不了Ridiculed by others, he can not stand 他被禁止入城 (ban)。He was banned to enter the city. 他被禁止入城（ban）He was banned to enter the city.
他到达时，我们已经在那里等了2个小时。We’ve been waiting two hours when he
他的口音说明他是个外国人(betray)。His accent betrayed the fact that he was a foreigner. 他父亲发起脾气行为举止很粗鲁His father’s behavior is very rude when he loses his
他工作时，什么也不能分散他的心思(abstract)。Nothing can abstract his mind while he
他建议把计划作一些改动。81、He proposed to make (也可以用making) a change in
他们近期新建的机场距离城市20公里。The airport they build recently is 20 kilometers
away from the city.
他认为他的成功是他努力的结果。He believes that his success is the result of his efforts. 他心跳得如此之快，以至于他几乎喘不过气来 (beat)。His heart beats so fast that he
could hardly breathe.
他在申请一份职员工作。He was applying for a clerk.
她被迫等了一个多小时（make）。She was made to wait for more than an hour. 她很想获得颁奖She is eager to be awarded prizes.
她认为她的成功是努力的结果She think her success is the result of efforts.
她想知道是否下午5点后打电话更会省钱。She wonders if it is cheaper to make a
telephone call after 5 pm.
我建议你们早点动身去机场（suggest）。I suggest you leave for the airport earlier. 我可以问问他是否记得替你寄过一封信。I can remember for you to ask him if he sent
me a letter.
我恳求他们不要在她面前提起我的名字。I beg them not to mention my name before her. 我们的军队在那场战斗中获得胜利。Our army won that battle.
我们就供应牛奶与农场主讨价还价 (bargain)。We bargained the creamery
accommodation problem with the farmers.
我们就牛奶的供应与农场主计价还价。We bargain with the farmer about the supply of
我们完全意识到局势的严重性(aware)。We are totally aware of the serious situation. 我们完全意识到局势的严重性(aware)。We have been aware of the ponderance of the
我想知道如何解释空间通讯的重要性。I’d like to know how to explain the importance
of the space communication.
我在这里读书，到明年七月将近三年了I will have been studying here for nearly three
years in July next year. 我在专心致志地看书，没听见你叫我(absorb)。I was absorbed in a book and did not hear
you call. 无论卡门（Carmen）带领人们参观多少次，她似乎从不厌烦谈论她的城市。No matter
how many times Carmen shows people around her city, she never seems to get tired of talking about it.
无论她带游客参观多少次这个城市，她都从不厌烦谈论她的城市No matter how many
times she has showed the tourists around the city, she would not be sick of talking about her city.
细菌太小，肉眼看不见。Bacteria are too small to be seen.
小张失去了平衡从梯子上摔了下来(balance)Xiao Zhang lost his balance and fell off the
校长颁发了班级优秀学生荣誉称号The headmaster awarded the excellent students the
校长授予优秀学生以荣誉称号(bestow)。The president of our university bestowed honors
on the best students.
校长授予优秀学生予荣誉称号。The headmaster awarded the excellent students the
要是他早点动手，就能赶上火车了If he had done it earlier, he could have caught the
一辈子不犯错误的人是没有的。（lifetime）.There is nobody doesn’t make mistakes in a
一旦你显出害怕的样子，他就会向你进攻（show,attack）.Once you show scare, he will
一旦他自己弄懂了的东西，他就能讲给别人。83、Once he understands anything
himself, he can explain it to others.
在化学变化中，能量既不会创造，也不会消失In chemical changes, energy will not
create and will not disappear.
在十八世纪末，英国迅速成为世界的工厂Britain quickly became the world’s factory at
the end of the 18 century.
这个小女孩渴望受到嘉奖 (avid)。The little girl is avid for praise.
这家旅馆可供500人住宿(accommodate) 。This hotel can accommodate five hundred
这家旅馆能容纳500人。The hotel can hold 500 people.
这些票的有效期只有7天。 The period of validity of these tickets are only 7 days. 政府对这件事情持什么态度The Government's stance in this matter
______ send your motorcycle to be repaired? You'd better not drive it any more.
A. Why B. Why not C. Why don't D. Why didn't
______ student with a little common sense should be able to answer the question.
A. Each B. Any C. either D. one
common sense 常识； each 这个词在英语中强调的是个体与众不同的特点；any 这个词强调的是很多东西在一起的共性； either 两者之间任何一个
______ to the moon some day, I should see the surface of the moon with my own eyes.
A. Would I go B. Were I to go C. If I go D. If I had gone 这是省略 if的虚拟条件句Were I = If I were
______ with the size of the whole earth , the highest mountain does not seem high at all. A. When compared B. Compare C. While comparing D. Comparing
本题的关键是弄清compare与mountain的关系; when 可以直接加过去分词；当when后面的主语与主句的主语一致时，主语和系动词可以省略。
All _______ is a continuous supply of the basic necessities of life.
A. what is needed B. for our needs C. the thing needed D. that is needed 当all作定语从句的先行词时，从句只能用that来引导； all that = what
Children who are over-protected by their parents may become_____
A. hurt B. damaged C. spoiled D. harmed
Christopher Columbus was believed ______ the American continent.
A. to discover B. discovering C. to have discovered D. having discovered Depending on____, Mary led us through an unknown part of the forest. A. intuition B. sense C. vision D. image
Do you think she has any ____ to refuse John's invitation? A. reason B. cause C. motive D. point
Either you or I ___ wrong on this matter.
A. is B. are C. am D. were
由 neither...nor，either...or，not only...but also 连接的两个主语，谓语动词的数通常按就近原则，即与后面的主语保持一致；如果是疑问式则以前面的主语为准。 Excuse me, sir. I've lost my watch. Do you have ___ time? A. the B. a C. an D. bland
He had difficulties making himself understood, but we didn't ____impatience.
A. show no sign of B. make an exhibition of C. show any sign of D. make any exhibition of
He is one of the students who____ always on time.
A. is B. are C. was D. be
He is the boy ___I think scored the winning points for the basketball team.
A. whom B. which C. that D. who
He just couldn't ___what in the world she had been talking about all the time. A. figure out B. catch on C. set out D. work on
He must have had an accident, or he ______ then. A. would have been here B. had to be here C. should be here D. would be here
He used to have a ____of stamp-collection, but he has given it up.
A. habit B. hobby C. custom D. like
His _____ handwriting resulted from haste and carelessness rather than from the inability to form the letters correctly. A. unreadable B. beautiful C. careful D. undecided
His parents _____, the orphan is now taken care of by her uncle.
A. have died B. dying C. dead D. having died I swimming until Father returned .
A. went B . didn’t go C. hadn’t gone D. be went
I didn't ask him, but he ___ to help me with my homework.
A. gave B. offered C. took D. got
I know you're planning to travel this summer, but do you know_____?
A. how much cost it will be B. how much has it cost C. how much will it cost D. how much it will cost
I'd like to ______the lessons once more before we take the exam tomorrow.
A. go for B. go over C. go round D. go about
In spite of your living so far away, we both hope very much _____.
A. your coming B. that you come C. you to come D. that you have come It has been a long time _____I saw you last time. A. since B. for C. before D. after
It is because he is too young ____ he does not understand what has happened. A. that B. so C. so that D. therefore
It was difficult to guess what her ______ to the news would be.
A. impression B. reaction C. comment D. opinion
It was essential that the application forms _______ back before the deadline.
A. must be sent B. would be sent C. be sent D. were sent
It wasn't such a good dinner ______ she had promised us.
A. that B. which C. as D. what
Many new ______ will be opened up in the future for those with a university education.
A. opportunities B. necessities C. realities D. probabilities Many people watch TV only to ___time.
A. cost B. spend C. kill D. take
My camera can be _____ to take pictures in cloudy or sunny conditions.
A. treated B. adjusted C. adopted D. remedied
My friend was full of _____ for the way in which I had so quickly learned to drive a car.
A. pride B. surprise C. admiration D. jealousy
Neither Larry's father nor his mother _____at home.
A. are B. were C. was D. am
Please listen to me. It's inappropriate for you to persist in ___ this.
A. to do B. do C. doing D. having done
She never laughed, ______ lose her temper
A. or she ever did B. nor did she ever C. or did she ever D. nor the ever did
She talked to him for a long time and ___him from doing that dangerous job.
A. persuaded B. dissuaded C. overcame D. conquered
Since your supervisor has _____ the time for a talk, you must make sure that you will be there on time.
A. predicted B. specified C. yielded D. classified
Some old people don't like pop songs because they can't ____ so much noise.
A. resist B. sustain C. tolerate D. undergo
Sorry to trouble you. I haven't taken my textbook with me. Shall we ___one?
A. have B. share C. look D. read
The bridge was named _____ the hero who gave his life for the cause of the people. A. after B. with C. by D. from
The famous Yong Le Bell is three times_____. A. as tall as a man B. taller as a man C. tallest than a man D. more tall than a man
The hunter ______ on his back with his eyes half closed.
A. laid B. lied C. lay D. lain
The leaves are ____ down to the ground when autumn comes.
A. dropping B. following C. putting D. falling
The little girl, who got home very late, was greatly relieved when she found out she had been___.
A. saved B. nudged C. spared D. encouraged
The little girl woke up screaming because she had had a_____.
A. daydream B. nightmare C. fantasy D. sweet dream
The manager ___that the new employees go through professional training before they started working.
A. persisted B. insisted C. resisted D. assisted
The manager promised to keep me ______ of how our business was going on .
A. to be informed B. on informing C. informed D. informing
The manufacturers _____ carried out one of the Chairman's proposals, but they didn't.
A. must have B. couldn't have C. ought to have D. shouldn't have
The news you told me the other day has yet to be___.
A. affirmed B. informed C. conformed D. confirmed
The old lady felt very ____when her daughter forgot her birthday.
A. deceived B. deserted C. unfortunate D. disappointed
The police officer happened _____ the traffic when the accident happened.
A. to direct B. directing C. to be directing D. to have directed The rain was heavy and _______ the land was flooded. A. consequently B. continuously C. constantly D. consistently The textile industry _____ greatly to the economy of Hong Kong.
A. adds B. amounts C. contributes D. leads
There were no tickets _____ for Friday's performance.
A. preferable B. considerable C. possible D. available
They are believed ____ in their experiment.
A. to have already succeeded B. to succeed already C. to be succeeded D. to be succeed
They decided to chase the cow away ______ it did more damage.
A. unless B. until C. before D. what
Two old friends meet ____chance in the street. A. by B. on C. at D. for
We ______ our breakfast when an old man came to the door.
A. just have had B. have just had C. just had D. had just had
We think it is wise ____him not to accept their offer.
A. for B. of C. to D. from
What are you doing? I'm _____the bedroom for my wallet.
A. looking B. finding C. searching D. searching for
What time does my flight leave ____Tuesday?
A. at B. in C. by D. on
When Mr. Jones gets old, he will______ over his business to his son.
A. take B. hand C. think D. get
Would you please help me to ____up the present for the old gentleman? A. wrap B. tie C. cover D. send
You are lucky since you've never ____anything in your life. A. lost B. got C. stolen D. found
You ought not to ____ him the news that day.
A. tell B. be telling C. have told D. had told
Your little girl is becoming very rude. You _____scold her.
A. may B. can C. ought D. ought to