《共同关注》 1-2 TF
《阅读任务》 1-5 BABCA
(1) B (2) doubled its height (3) the rest is (4) the rest of
(5) F; instead后加of (6) F; instead后加of (7) T (8) F; to watch → of watching
(9) realized the importance (10) didn’t realize that / did not realize
(11) Do you realize (12) but / except Sunday (13) but / except watch
一、1. all year round 2. take place 3. nothing but 4. the rest of
二、1. challenge; to 2. A long time ago 3. not; any more 4. and so on
5. follow his advice 6. From then on
一、1-5 BABAC 6-10 CBACA
二、(1) make (2) say (3) inside (4) Never (5) new
一、A. 1-3 BAC B. 4-6 ACB C. 7-10 BCAA D. 11-15 BBDAC
二、1. king’s 2. quickly 3. collect 4. Indian
三、1. We should follow the teacher’s advice and study hard.
2. A long time ago, there were many pandas here.
3. From then on, he didn’t play basketball any more.
4. My brother challenged me to a game of chess.
5. I want to take a good rest in the rest of the holiday. Listening
一、(1) (zero) point zero eight
(2) nineteen per cent
(3) three forty⁃five / (a) quarter to four / fifteen to four
(4) the twenty⁃third of January, two thousand and twelve
(5) six hundred thousand
二、(1) 6,000,202 (2) 10:50 (3) 2:30 (4) 5,200
1-5 ACBCB 6-10 CAABC 11-15 CDBAD
一． 1-3 CBA
二． 1.how to use the computer
2.to clean the classroom
3.to go to Beijing
一． 1.What do; think of
2.cant’t stand playing
三． 1-4 TTFF
5.It’s black and has two large round ears.
6.On November 18, 1928.
重点讲解1.is famous for 2.is famous as
1.sitcom 2.soap opera 3.news 4.comedy 5.action movie 6.cartoon 7.discussion 8.joke 9.culture
10.reason 11.character 12.plan 13.hope 14.stand 15.happen 16.expect 17.appear 18.become
19.lose 20.educational 21.meaningless 22.rich 23.successful 24.main 25.unlucky 26.famous
27.find out 28.be ready to 29.dress up 30.take sb’s place 31.do a good job
32.Wh00at do you plan to do tonight? 33.What do you think of talk shows?
Section A (1a-2d)
一．1.expecting 2.discussion 3.planned 4.hopes 5.news
二．1.can’t stand 2.loves 3.does’t like
三．1.soap opera 2.find out 3.learn;from 4.may happen 5.more educational
Grammar Focus-Section B 1d
一．1.meaningless 2.jokes 3.comedy 4.action 5.cartoon
二．1.to learn 2.to have 3.to buy 4.help 5.to live 6.to go 7.to be 8.to see 9.to answer 10.watching 三．1-5 DCEAB
Section B (2a-2e)
一．Becomes 2.rich 3.culture 4.successful 5.unlucky 6.lost 7.simple
二．1.appeared 2.films 3.more famous 4.characters 5.reason 6.get
三．1.The cartoon came out in New York.
2.Mickey always tried to face any danger.
3.We tried our best to face any danger.
4.We love the dog with two white ears.
5.The kind man is always ready to help others.
Section B 3a-Self Check
一．1.doesn’t like 2.can’t stand 3.What does; think of 4.What; plan to do 5.because they 二．1.dressed up 2.take my place 3.did a good job 4.played; role 5.shows; for 三．1.ready 2.educational 3.loves 4.either 5.reading 6.be
1. making noises 2. go swimming
一、1. next to 2. climb up to 3. takes pictures of 4. looks like 二、1. learn, from 2. goes for a walk
3. a type / kind of 4. is important to
some & any
1. some 2. any, some 3. any 4. some 5. some
一、1. Somebody / Someone 2. anybody / anyone
3. Nobody / No one 4. anybody / anyone
二、1. nothing important 2. everything 3. anything
1. Sally put her coat on the bed.
2. Tom can sleep in the room above ours.
3. The TV programme is a great help with my Chinese.
4. Can you help me (to) learn / study English?
或Can you help me with my English?
Unit 1基础训练 （二）
第一节1. Films about dinosaurs.
2. More than 150 million years.
第二节3. He was a Maths teacher. 4. He listened to music.
5. He was happy.
6. Because Mr White didn’t hear the music from his neighbour.
三、第一节One possible version:
Last summer, Xiaofang went on a trip to Dalian with her family. They went there by plane. After they arrived, they went to the beach and swam there. They spent a week there. They all enjoyed themselves. Xiaofang even wants to visit Dalian again.
第二节7. What food of Dalian do you like?
8. When are you going to Dalian again?
二、1. have any questions 2. Would you like something
3. shopping list 4. somebody / someone interesting
二、One possible version:
Today I would like to introduce a famous person in China. Her name is Lang Ping. She is famous as a volleyball player. She led the Chinese Volleyball National Team to the first place in the Olympic Games. Later she went to America and became a volleyball coach. Now she comes back to China and trains Chinese volleyball players. She is my idol. I hope she will succeed again.
一、1. look like 2. go for a walk 3. take ... home 4. climb out 二、1. Don’t take the books in the library home.
2. This mobile phone looks like a watch.
3. Going for a walk is good for health.
4. It’s dangerous to climb out of the window.
三、One possible version:
Sammy took Dudley to the Dinosaur Park. The children were waiting patiently there. They were excited to meet Dudley. The children introduced themselves to Dudley and Dudley could remember all their names! Together they took part in many activities and had great fun. They played games, sang songs and danced happily. Dudley even told funny jokes to make the children laugh. Later, the children took many photos with Dudley. They hoped to celebrate Dudley’s birthday the next year and Dudley hoped to make more friends. Sammy and Dudley really enjoyed themselves.
一、A. 1. attraction 2. harbours 3. types 4. view
B. 1. made 2. Australians 3. sheep
C. 1. wool 2. work
二、1. took pictures of 2. is made in 3. is important to 4. climb up to 三、1-3 DBC
1. in 2. are 3. making 4. most 5. to use 6. to do
7. a 8. or 9. saying 10. However
Unit 2 单元综合能力检测题
一、 第一节： 1—5 CBABA 6—10 CBBAA 11—15 ABCAB
第二节： A. Japan B. 1969 C. TVD. 1,300 E. happy
二、 第一节： 16—20 BDCAA
第二节： 26—30 BDCAC
三、 36—40 BDCAB 41—45 BDDDC
四、 46—50 CDCBA 51—55 BDCDA
56—60 ADCBA 61—65 CABAA
五、 第一节： 66. plenty 67. frightened
68. though 69. joke
第二节： 71. run around
72. set out
73. gets, into trouble
74. is in good condition
75. was delighted with
第三节： One possible version:
My foreign teacher
Frank Miller is our new foreign teacher. He comes from the UK. Frank teaches us spoken English. He is very tall and thin with white skin and big eyes. He is kind and friendly and has a good sense of humor, so we are very happy in his class. And he knows so many things that we can learn a lot from him. Also, he likes doing sports, and he often plays football with his students. Besides, he is good at playing the piano. We all like him very much.
【结论】 可数名词， 及物动词
1. Who can forecast what the writer will do next?
2. No one can forecast traffic accidents.
3. What does the forecast say about tomorrow’s weather?
【结论】 光线， 灯， 形容词， 及物动词， 不及物动词
1. The last person to leave should turn off the light.
2. I bought a light suitcase.
3. We can’t light this piece of paper.
It’s + adj. + (of sb. / for sb.) + to do ...
1. It’s safe to live here.
2. It’s very important for us to help each other.
3. It’s clever of him to work out the difficult maths problem.
4. It’s comfortable for me to live in the flat.
Link-v. + adj .
1. The news seems true.
2. Autumn is coming, the leaves are turning yellow.
3. This story sounds interesting.
4. These workers are very friendly.
5. The lit a fire to keep warm.
1. pictures, speech bubbles or captions
2. strong, brave 3. fly, weather 4. B
5. A 6. D 7. superhero
8. adventure 9. ability 10. control 11. costume 《阅读时空》
A) 1—3 FTF
B) 1—3 DAB
第一节： 1—5 BABCA
第二节： A. different B. foreign C. relaxed D. teenagers E. spend
一、 1. movie 2. visitors 3. shoot 4. role
二、 1. got wet 2. jumped out of my skin 3. made a deep impression on
4. shook violently
三、 1. to 2. like 3. at 4. towards 5. in
四、 1—5 CDBAC 6—8 AAD
五、 1. made a deep impression on us
2. both, and 3. jumped out of his skin 4. It is easier to 5. film star
一、 1. spaceship 2. enjoyable/exciting
3. moving 4. friendship 5. colourful
二、 1—6 CDCDAB
三、 1. makes friends with 2. when, took off 3. bump into
4. turn off
四、 1—5 FTFTF
① highlight ② pleasure ③ shoot
④ humid ⑤ chased ⑥ quiet ⑦ crash ⑧ violently
⑨ roared ⑩ director
1—5 TFFTF 6—10 FFTFT
1. makes a deep impression on
2. both, and 3. jumped out of his skin 4. film stars
5. Both, and
1. Both, and 2. both, and
3. Both, and 4. where she was going
5. when the next train would arrive
6. that he never ate meat
7. that he was waiting for Ann
8. jump out of his skin 9. roar at me
10. if/whether anyone was there
11. if/whether I knew Bill
1. has made friends with 2. bumped into 3.
4. turn off
1. a set of 2. will set off/out
3. set up 4. set a record will take off
5. much too 6. too much
7. too many 8. try to finish
9. try to come back 10. tried writing
11. try doing
第一节： 1—5 ABACB
第二节： A. action B. cartoons C. star
D. once E. interesting
一、 1. none 2. temperature 3. Sign
4. aspect 5. chef/cook
二、 1. made a little money, selling
2. didn’t live, any longer
3. is worth seeing
4. in a week or two / in one or two weeks 5. must be
一、 1—5 BADCA
二、 1. that she is 2. that, was there
3. if/whether I want her, me
4. if/whether, had understood her
5. how many, there were, his
一、 1. intention 2. tape 3. fantasy
4. comedy 5. horror
二、 1. am going/planning to
2. is going to be 3. film stars
一、 1. opinion 2. ending/end 3. leading
二、 1. were amazed by 2. both, and
3. what my Chinese name was
三、 One possible version:
Our school has some different P.E. activities, such as ball games, running, swimming and roller skating to keep us healthy. The most popular one is ball games. In our school, over 500 students take part in ball games.
A little more than 250 students take part in running, and about 250 students enjoy roller skating. Also, more than 100 students like swimming. I once took part in the running competition of our school and won the first
prize. I think P.E. activities help us relax and do better in our studies. More practice
一、 1. everywhere 2. influence
3. fantastic/funny 4. teenagers
二、 1. A couple of
2. had a good influence on
3. pick me up 4. doesn’t rain, will go
三、 1—3 FTT
Listening ～ More practice
1. a week or two 2. made a lot of money
3. is worth spending 4. a couple of days
5. are you going/planning to do
1. must be 2. To keep
3. To live a good life
4. will not believe, any longer
5. not, any longer 6. Walking is
7. working in this university
8. is interested in playing
一、 1. that 2. where 3. what
二、 1—5 BDCCB
三、 1. that he wanted, he grew
2. they hadn’t heard, their
3. how long he had lived
4. if/whether I would, that
5. what her favourite sport was
Unit 3 单元综合能力检测题
一、 第一节： 1—5 ABAAC 6—10 BCBAA
第二节： A. cartoon B. skin C. kill
D. hidden E.7/seven
二、 第一节： 16—20 CADBD
第二节： 26—30 BADCD
三、 36—40 BACAC 41—45 DDBDB
四、 46—50 BACCD 51—55 DABCC
56—60 BDCAB 61—65 DCCBD
五、 第一节： 66. None 67. role
68. foreign 69. sign 70. tour
第二节： 71. make friends with
72. make money
73. whether I was/came
74. has made a deep impression on
75. a week or two / one or two weeks
第三节： One possible version:
Mary and her films
Mary is a movie fan. She likes seeing films very much. She thinks movies can make her life more interesting and colorful. She used to go to the cinema once a week. Sometimes she went there with her parents or with her friends. But now she often watches films on the Internet at home. She loves comedies best because she thinks they can make her very happy. She also enjoys action films. Her favourite film star is Jackie Chan and she is always amazed by Chinese kung fu.
【结论】 拍摄， 不及物动词， at
1. He shot the bird and killed it.
2. The young man shoots well.
3. We are ready to shoot the ballroom sequence.
【结论】 副词， 极度地
1. He slammed the door violently.
2. She violently disagreed with us.
1. The novel is worth reading.
2. New York is a city worth visiting.
3. That book is not worth thirty yuan.
... if/whether ...
1. if/whether I could buy
2. if/whether I knew
3. whether, is right 4. whether to 《对话你我》
1. Super Olympics. 2. Back in Time.
3. Super Olympics. 4. Stargirl.
5. Stargirl. 6. B 7. C
A) 1—4 TTFF
B) 1—4 ABCC
九年级新目标实验版 第5期 总第3013期 出版日期：2010.7.29 定稿日期：2010.4.20 责编：李俊玲
What would you do if …?
本文选自著名医生Martin Robinson的新书What would you do if…? 这是一本关于生活小常识的书，内容通过虚拟、假设的问答形式告诉大家如何应对生活中遇到的突发事件或棘手问题。浏览全文，然后试着完成下面各题。
1. What would you do if you cut yourself by accident?
2. What would you do if your grandmother fell downstairs and wasn’t moving? ______
3. What would you do if you burned yourself by accident? _______
4. What would you do if you injured your knee while running? _______
A. B. C. D. II. 根据PROBLEMS的内容，选出正确答案。
( )1. What does Martin advise you to do if your friend offers you cigarettes at a party?
A. To stop my friend from smoking by offering him candies.
B. To tell my friend to ask his doctor for advice before smoking.
C. To refuse and talk to my friend about the dangers of smoking.
D. To ask my friend to drink a lot of water instead of smoking.
( )2. What advice doesn’t Martin give on meeting an “internet friend”?
A. Telling parents about it. B. Agreeing to meet in a public place.
C. Not going alone. D. Refusing to meet each other.
( )3. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. Keeping medicine away from children is necessary.
B. It’s impossible to meet an “internet friend”.
C. Don’t be excited, or you’ll get pimples.
D. Drink less water when we get pimples.
本文是采用列举法来安排结构的。首先通过Martin Robinson医生的书What would you do if …?引出话题；然后列举了从书中摘选的我们在日常生活中经常遇到的两类情形和_________，并通过引导的虚拟条件状语从句的应用以及对话问答的语言表达形式，
to lend him some money. 2. The farmer had to dig a d_________ well to get water.
3. “to your health,” the doctor said.
4. You can find the book on the s_______.
the girl a sandwich and she thanked him.
1. Would you mind waiting for me _______(楼下)?
2. She used to go shopping at the _________ (附近的) mall.
3. I think your answer to the question is _______(正确的).
4. Alice was terrified, so she (覆盖) her eyes with her hands.
5. The hot water hurt both of his _______(膝盖) badly just now.
If I _______ you, I ________ _______ medicine ________ children.
When will her new book _______ _______?
We met at the airport _______ _______.
If you feel tired, you can _______ _______ and have a rest.
Could you tell me _______ the _______ room is?
1. If I were you, I’对划线部分提问)
_______ ________ you go there if ________ _______ me?
2. The boy decided to offer me his seat. (改为同义句)
The boy decided to _______ his seat ________ me.
对划线部分提问) _________ _________ I do if I cut myself?
4. The little girl works very hard. (改为感叹句)
_____ _____ the little girl works!
5. You should stop smoking because it’s bad for your health. (改为同义句)
You should _____ ____ smoking because it’s bad for your health.
第一篇习作内容完整，层次分明。首先小作者按要求点明了邮件的主题，其次在第二段具体写出了五条校规。为了使文章层次清楚，小作者准确地使用了first, second, … 等表顺序
第二篇习作的小作者同样开门见山地提出了学校有很多校规，他给对方介绍的只是其中的几条。过渡句Here I’ll tell you some of them.用得自然、流畅。其次，第二段采用了不同的句型，如：We must…；We aren’t allowed to…等来呈现学校的校规。最后，小作者在结尾处也是礼貌地表达了早日见到对方的愿望。这一点虽然习作中没有明确要求，但在邮件（或信件）往来中，这些表达必不可少，所以请同学们把这两个小作者的结尾语抄写下来，记在心中，在以后的信件或邮件类习作中能够恰当运用。
________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________
1. 习作中会用到哪些词句呢？请想一想，补充到下面的横线上。host, invite, welcome, chance, organize, give a speech, party, competition, ______________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________
(1) If I were a host of the English Corner, I would …
(2) That’s it. Thanks a lot!
(3) Give me a chance and I’ll give you a surprise.
本版供稿人：山东 杲丽丽 河北 王月娥
Unit 4 What would you do?
Class ____________ Name ____________
Full marks: 120 Your marks: ____________
( )1. A. I don’t agree with you. B. It’s nothing serious.
C. You should take a long walk before going to bed.
( )2. A. I’d help those people in need. B. I went to Beijing by plane.
C. Because I don’t have money.
( )3. A. I’m not sure if she can come. B. I don’t want to stay there.
C. If I were you, I’d wear a dress.
( )4. A. That’s all right. B. That’s a good idea. C. I’m sorry.
( )5. A. About eight. B. At seven o’clock. C. This Saturday.
( ) 6. What does the boy advise the girl to do?
A. To take part in some sports. B. To talk to friendly people.
C. To talk to her parents.
( )7. What does Jim think his sister is like?
A. She’s quiet and shy. B. She’s creative and lovely. C. She’s active and outgoing.
( )8. What does Doctor Li advise the girl to do?
A. To have enough sleep. B. To drink lots of water. C. To take some medicine.
( )9. How does Mike think it is to meet an “Internet friend” alone?
A. Interesting. B. Silly. C. Dangerous.
( )10. How does David feel?
A. A little nervous. B. A little excited. C. A little surprised. III. 听长对话，选择正确答案。
( )11. What did the girl do last night?
A. She went shopping. B. She watched TV. C. She went to a party.
( )12. What would John do if he had a lot of money?
A. He’d give the money to Haiti. B. He’d put the money in a bank.
C. He’d give the money to schools.
( )13. What is Bill doing these days?
A. Practicing for a big speech. B. Studying for a big exam.
C. Running for a sports meeting.
( )14. How does Bill feel when he thinks about the big exam?
A. He can’t fall asleep. B. He feels bored. C. He feels afraid.
( )15. What does Bill’s mother advise him to do?
A. To run for ten minutes. B. To take a long walk. C. To listen to light music. IV. 听短文，根据短文内容完成表格（每空不超过两个单词）。
( )21. I’d like to invite Helen ______ the club.
A. join B. to join C. joins D. joining
( )22. There are few ______ in the fridge. Let’s go and buy some carrots and cabbages.
A. fruit B. meat C. eggs D. vegetables
( )23. —Don’t worry. Mr Smith will come and help you.
—_______ he doesn’t come?
A. Why B. What C. How about D. What if
( )24. My sister asked _____ permission _____ use my new bicycle.
A. me, for B. mine, to
C. my, to D. my, for
( )25. My mother often says to me “You can’t use others’ things ______.”
A. with permission B. with pleasure
C. without permission D. without pressure
( )26. Bob ______ play basketball ______ read at home.
A. would like, better B. would like, than
C. would rather, than D. would rather, to
( )27. —Whose pencil case is this?
—It’s not mine. It’s _____.
A. someone else B. someone else’s
C. else someone D. else someone’s
( )28. Please _____ the computer with something, or it will get dirty easily.
A. play B. wash C. set D. cover
( )29. The work is so difficult that I don’t know ______ it.
A. what to do B. how to do C. where to do D. which to do
( )30. My father always _____ doing more for the kind people.
A. thinks of B. replies to
C. makes a decision D. takes care of
( )31. If I _____ Alice, I _____ them the fact.
A. was, tell B. were, will tell
C. were, would tell D. am, would tell
( )32. —Hi, Susan! You look so sad.
—I still can’t _____ a good way to deal with the problem.
A. come up B. hear about
C. get along with D. come up with
( )33. —How many babies will be born every day in the world?
—I’m not sure. Maybe _____ them.
A. two million B. two million of
C. millions of D. million of
( )34. —Could you tell me _____?
—I’m confident and creative.
A. how are you B. what you are like
C. what are you like D. how you are
( )35. —I’m going to take my driving test tomorrow.
A. Congratulations! B. I’d love to.
C. Good luck! D. Not at all.
Sammy Liu, a six-year-old boy from Kowloon, has become a hero recently. He used the family’s computer to stop a robbery (抢劫). One day while the thief was looking for something in the living room, Sammy went into his bedroom and used his computer to call the police. The police five minutes later and caught the thief.
These days, it is common for children as as Sammy to be good at computers. Many children use computers at home or at school. And some even have their own websites (网站). The websites not only students the opportunity to learn new skills but also people all over the world know about their schools.
Some parents think that it can be for children to spend too much time using a computer, but it is not quite true. “Kids should be to use computers as early as possible,” said Tony Robertson, a computer programmer. “Children learn really fast. Many children know much more about computers than their parents.”
( )36. A. afraid B. busy C. angry D. confident
( )37. A. easily B. slowly C. quietly D. excitedly
( )38. A. left B. returned C. answered D. arrived
( )39. A. strong B. fat C. young D. good
( )40. A. schools B. homes C. shops D. hospitals
( )41. A. tell B. show C. borrow D. offer
( )42. A. give B. make C. invite D. ask
( )43. A. sleepy B. deep C. bad D. helpful
( )44. A. later on B. in fact C. in common D. at first
( )45. A. dropped B. hoped C. believed D. encouraged
( )46. You can go to the concert without taking a ticket.
( )47. You have to pay 50 yuan if you want to go hiking around the West Hills.
( )48. If you want to be a volunteer, you can go to a mountain village at 8:00 am on July 31st.
( )49. The party will be held in the school hall at 5:30 pm on July 30th.
( )50. The Cool Kids will give away books to the children from a mountain village.
A man lay in bed. I went in his room quietly. “Hello, Mr Jensen. I’m Hanne, your nurse.” He had a look at me, and then closed his eyes. “Would you like some soup?” I asked. He shook his head.
A few minutes later, I came back with medicine. He took it and lay down again. I offered him the newspaper, but he wasn’t interested. Feeling disappointed, I left.
In the kitchen, I placed the teapot, bread and two cups on a tray (托盘), and set off towards his room.
“Do you mind if I have my tea in your room?” I asked. “I’d like to watch the news.” “Not at all.” But he was clearly surprised.
I turned on the TV, and noticed him watching the news. I said, “I brought an extra cup, if you’d like some tea.”
“Maybe I’ll have half a cup.”
We watched in silence. As I left, he asked, “Are you in tomorrow?”
I smiled. “I am, and I’ll have tea with you again if you’d like.”
“I’d like that,” he said.
The next night he had two cups of tea and a piece of bread — his first solid (固体的) food in a month.
The third night he told me about his wife, children, and his job. He lived far from the hospital, and his family hadn’t been able to visit. His town was near where I grew up.
Four months later I went to visit my parents. I was out shopping when I heard a booming (浑厚的) voice.
“Hanne, it’s so good to see you!” I almost didn’t recognize Mr Jensen.
“This is Hanne,” he said, introducing me to his wife. “She saved my life with a cup of tea.”
( )51. What did Hanne do to make Mr Jensen speak?
A. She gave him some medicine. B. She offered him the newspaper.
C. She asked him to have some tea and bread with her.
D. She asked if she could watch TV in his room.
( )52. When Hanne left Mr Jensen’s room on the first night, he _____.
A. was reading the newspaper B. didn’t say anything to her
C. expected her to come again D. invited her to have tea again
( )53. What did Mr Jensen do on the third night?
A. He had his first solid food. B. He told Hanne a lot of things.
C. He missed his family very much. D. He no longer stayed in bed.
( )54. The underlined word “recovered” means _________ in Chinese.
A. 病重 B. 掩护 C. 覆盖 D. 康复
( )55. Why didn’t Hanne almost recognize Mr Jensen?
A. Because he was badly ill again. B. Because he was older than before.
C. Because he became very healthy. D. Because his wife was with him.
What would you do if you fell out of a boat and couldn’t swim? Don’t get frightened. First take a deep breath (呼吸) and hold it. Then stand up in the water. The water will cover your eyes, but the top of your head should be up the water. Let your arms and legs hang naturally. Put your chin (下巴) on your chest (胸部).
Stay under the water until you need a breath. Then bounce out of the water to get Bouncing is very easy to do. Bring your arms up in front of you, with your hands facing down. Keep them just under the top of the water. Then bring up one leg as if you’re trying to walk. Now push your hands down and step. When you do this, your head will come out of the water. Blow out all your air, and shout for help.
Now take a breath of air and hold it. Let yourself be under the water again. Let your arms and legs hang naturally. When you need more air, bounce up again. Keep doing this until people come to help you.
Anyone can learn to bounce. It doesn’t take long to learn. Bouncing is easy and it has saved many lives.
( )56. The passage is mainly about ______.
A. how to shout for help in the water B. how to save people from water
C. how to swim in the right way D. how to bounce in the water
( )57. The underlined word “bounce” probably means ______ in Chinese.
A. 潜水 B. 屏气 C. 弹跳 D. 呼吸
( )58. What should you do first to bounce in the water?
A. Look around and shout for help.
B. Hold your breath and stand up.
C. Push your hands down and step.
D. Put your chin on your chest.
( )59. The underlined word “one” refers to ______.
A. a shout B. a breath C. a walk D. a bounce
( )60. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?
A. The writer thinks bouncing is not difficult to learn.
B. You should bounce out of water when you need a breath.
C. The writer tells us to keep calm when we fall into the water.
D. Bring your arms out of the water when you want to bounce.
A: Where are you going tonight, Larry?
B: I’m going to Tom’A: Great! I’
B: Well, I’’A: B: Really? OK, I’
B:A: You’re welcome.
Ann doesn’t want to ________ her parents ________.
The thing didn’t ________ Ann ________ ________ ________.
June regards ________ as a ________ girl.
Maria likes to work outside ________ ________ stay at home as a housewife.
There is ________ ________ water on the floor.
This is a true story about two friends, Tony and Ben.
One day Tony said to Ben, “I can see that one day you will become rich.”
“Really?” Ben smiled and said, “(1)如果我富有了，我就给你100万美元。”
“Are you serious?” Tony asked, “If so, write it down.”
“No problem,” Ben replied and then wrote down his promise (诺言) on a piece of paper. Tony just treated it as a joke, but Ben was serious and treated it as hope and power (力量).
Twelve years later, the two friends had their own lives in different cities and hardly kept in touch with each other. Tony still lived a poor life. What was worse, he fell seriously ill and couldn’t afford to go to hospital. When his family were worried, a black expensive car stopped in front of their house one day. A gentleman got out of it. It was Ben. He really became rich. From one of his classmates, Ben knew about Tony’s illness. He was very sad and couldn’t wait to visit Tony.
In Tony’s house, Tony was excited to see Ben. Ben encouraged him not to give up hope. Then Ben wrote a check (支票) and then handed it to Tony’s wife. Tony’s family were surprised.
“Many years ago, I promised that I would give Tony 1,000,000 dollars if I became rich. Just ,” Ben said.
He was seriously ill and didn’t have money to see a doctor.
79. Why did Ben go to visit Tony?
80. How much money did Ben give Tony?
[语篇探究] I. 1-4 BDAC II. 1-3 CDA
[结构探究] ACCIDENTS, PROBLEMS, if
[细节探究] 1. (1) If I were you, I’d also talk to your friend about the dangers of smoking.
(2) An “internet friend” has asked if you could meet.
I. 1. refused 2. deep 3. helpful 4. shelf 5. offered
II. 1. downstairs 2. nearby 3. correct 4. covered 5. knees
III. 1. were, would hide, from 2. come out 3. by accident 4. stop working 5. where, first-aid IV. 1. How would, you were 2. offer, to 3. What should 4. How hard 5. give up
If I were a host of the English Corner
Being a host of the English Corner is my dream. If I were the host of the English Corner, I would organize activities on Saturdays from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm. Everyone would be welcomed to the English Corner. Those who are good at English would give speeches on how to learn English. Besides, I would ask students to watch English movies or hold a spoken English competition. That’s it.
Thanks a lot!
山东 杨 霞
If I were a host of the English Corner
If I were the host of the English Corner, I would first invite some top students to give speeches about their ways of learning English. Everyone would be welcomed to the English Corner on Saturdays from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Second, I would invite my foreign friend to make conversations with us. And then, I would hold some English parties, too.
Give me a chance and I’ll give you a surprise! Thank you!
福建 崔 琴
第一篇习作作者首先表达了当英语角的主持人是自己的梦想，然后恰当地运用了虚拟条件句，逐条陈述了假如自己成为英语角的主持人后，英语角的活动时间、活动内容以及哪些人可以参加等，最后运用That’s it.和Thanks a lot!两个句型收尾，自然、流畅，符合发言稿的要求。
第二篇习作作者直入主题“假如我是英语角主持人，我会„„”，恰当地运用了first, second, and then用来表示列举的词，承上启下、层次分明，把自己竞选英语角主持人的打算展现在读者面前，并在结尾处使用了Give me a chance and I’ll give you a surprise!写出了自己对这项工作的渴望和志在必得的决心。
同学们，看了范文与点评之后，你们是否发现范文中有值得你们学习的地方呢？请结合其长处，对自己的习作进行修改、重组，重新写出一篇更精彩的文章。相信自己是最棒的！ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________
Unit 4 综合能力评估试题听力材料及参考答案
1. I can’t sleep the night before I take a big exam.
2. What would you do if you had a lot of money?
3. I don’t know what to wear for the party.
4. Maybe you should get a small pet like a cat.
5. How many people would take part in your party?
6. W: I’m a shy girl and I feel lonely. What should I do?
M: I think you should talk to someone who looks friendly. It helps a lot.
7. W: Jim, what’s your sister like?
M: I think she is active and outgoing.
8. W: Doctor Li, I always get pimples when I’m nervous.
M: Well, you should drink lots of water.
9. W: Mike, would it be dangerous to meet an “Internet friend” alone?
M: Yes. Because you hardly know anything about him.
10. W: Where are you going tonight, David?
M: I’m going to Jill’s birthday party. I’m a little nervous.
W: Hey, John, did you watch TV last night? An old woman had a million dollars. And she gave it to charity.
M: Wow, what a kind woman!
W: What would you do if you had a lot of money?
M: I’d give the money to Haiti. I want to help those people to rebuild their homes.
W: You’re great!
W: Bill, what are you doing these days?
M: I’m busy studying for a big exam.
W: Sounds busy. But I think you should relax yourself. You are too nervous.
M: I see, Mom, but I can’t fall asleep when I think about the big exam.
W: Why not listen to light music before going to bed?
M: Good idea. I’ll try that. Thanks, Mom.
What problems do teenagers probably have? Here is a survey showing their main problems. They feel stressed because they have too much homework, and they don’t have enough time for
their hobbies. They get short-sighted because of bad reading and writing habits. They sometimes fight with each other because they don’t know how to get on well with each other. Some of them feel tired of study because they spend too much time on computer games. Some of them get fat because they don’t like doing exercise.
Doctor King gives them some advice: Make a plan for study and hobbies. Find time to relax as possible as they can. Do homework or do some reading in a correct way. Make more friends and understand each other. Share problems with friends. Don’t be crazy about computer games. Play them just for a short time when feeling tired. Spend some time doing exercise every day.
I. 1-5 CACBA II. 6-10 BCBCA III. 11-15 BABAC
IV. 16. relax 17. correct 18. Fighting with 19. short time 20. doing exercise
V. 21-25 BDDCC 26-30 CBDBA 31-35 CDCBC
VI. 36-40 BCDCA 41-45 DBCBD
VII. 46-50 FTFFF 51-55 DCBDC 56-60 DCBBD
VIII. 61. party 62. too 63. little 64. what 65. look 66. wear 67. for 68. got
69. tie 70. idea
IX. 71. let, down 72. bother, in the slightest 73. herself, knowledgeable
74. rather than 75. plenty of
X. 76. If I became rich, I would give you 1,000,000 dollars.
77. He fell seriously ill and couldn’t afford to go to hospital.
79. Because he knew Tony fell seriously ill.
80. 1,000,000 dollars.
1. B。由文段第一句中的“taught Geography at St. Mary’s School”可知在成为修女前，Mother Teresa 是一名老师。故正确答案为B项。
2. A。由文段倒数第二句“Mother Teresa tried her best to save her but at last she failed.”可知Mother Teresa 尽全力救那个生病的女人，但最后失败了。所以那个生病的女人应该是去世了。
3. B。由第二段最后一句中的“the coming of winter”和“the living need warm
clothes”可知special clothes 为warm clothes，在意思上和B 项的winter clothes 接近，故选B。
4. C。由第二段第二句可知Chongyang 相当于Double Ninth，再结合第三段最后一句“Also, people think they will do better than before after eating the cake.”可知，人们吃重阳糕是希望能在以后的日子里取得进步，故选C。
(1)出生日期 (2)身高 (3)业余爱好
【我来尝试】One possible version:
My name is Wu Wen. I’m in Class 5, Grade 2. I’m very brave, outgoing and easygoing. I like travelling and making friends a lot. My favourite sport is basketball and I’m very good at it. I also enjoy reading English novels very much. In 2014, I won the first prize in the school English competition.
I really want to be a student guide for the Canadian friends. I’d like to show them around our school. My email address is email@example.com.
Unit 2 单元综合能力检测题
Ⅰ. i.1-5 CABAA 6-8 CAB
ii.9-13 CCABA 14-15 BC
Ⅱ. 16-20 CBCBA 21-25 ACBAB
Ⅲ. 26-30 ADACD 31-35 DCBBD 36-40 CBCAD 41-45 ABCBC
Ⅳ. 46. the 47. on 48. came 49. begins 50. minutes 51. telling
52. surprised 53. to go 54. but 55. will be
V. One possible version:
Our class wants to hold an English Corner. I made a survey to see how my classmates think about it. 70% of my classmates think it is a good idea. They think the English Corner can make their school life more colourful. They can also learn something new. What’s more, they can practise their oral English. However, 30% of my classmates don’t think so. They say they don’t have time for the English Corner because they have too much homework to do. Some of them can’t express their ideas in English well, so they don’t want to speak English. In my opinion, the English Corner is helpful to us because it is a good chance to practise our oral English.
第一节1. He wants to buy a pair of glasses.
2. It may happen in the shop.
3. They’re classmates.
4. The man made more mistakes.
5. He could count from 1 to 10.
6. His father taught him Maths.
第二节7. She is a worker in the hotel.
8. They are $400.
9. The breakfast is free from 7:00 to 9:00.
10. He will live in the hotel on August 10th.
三、第一节One possible version:
Jimmy comes from Australia and he is twenty⁃seven years old. He is 1.75 m tall and a little heavy. He likes doing sports very much. His favourite hobby is playing badminton. He works as an engineer in a big company. He doesn’t like cooking and he is very tired after work. So he eats fast food every day.
第二节1. Do you have any other hobbies?
2. How do you usually go to work?
1. was born on 2. was born in 3. as big as 4. Some; Others 5. as heavy as
6. The others 7. It’s clever of you to know that.
8. It’s dangerous for us to cross the busy street.
1. be good at 2. for example 3. up to 4. in weight 5. on Earth
6. for a long time 7. feed on
1. The ostrich is the largest of all birds on Earth.
2. Ostriches’ wings are so small that they can’t fly.
3. Ostriches are good at running because their legs are long and strong.
4. Ostriches show ability to live without drinking water for a long time.
Step 3 一般现在
Step 4 One possible version:
Many animals are very special. The ostrich is one of them. It’s the largest of all birds on Earth. It is about 2.7 metres tall and can be up to 135 kilograms in weight. Ostriches’ wings are so small that they can not fly. However, they are good at running because their legs are long and strong. They can even run 60 kilometres an hour. Ostriches feed on grass, leaves and insects. They live in great holes in the desert of Africa, so they show ability to live without drinking water for a long time.
1. B【解析】从第一段的后两句“Some students help their parents … so they help
2. A【解析】从第二段倒数第二句“But most students wash their clothes once a week.”可以看出大部分学生一周洗一次衣服，因此答案选A。
3. D【解析】从文中第二句“He always drove home after work.”可以看出Mr Jackson 总是开车回家，因此答案选D。
4. C【解析】从文中第三句“But there was something wrong with … take a bus to work.”可以看出那段时间Mr Jackson 的车坏了，所以他不得不乘坐公交车上班，因此答案选C。
一、(A) was born (B) was sent to prison (C）was set free
(D) the Nobel Peace Prize (E) the first black president
一、1. born 2. However 3. Nobody 4. Perhaps 5. notebook
二、1. scientist 2. ability 3. musicians 4. inventor 5. suddenly
三、1. countryside 2. includes 3. won 4. even
一、1. is made up of 2. For example 3. used to 4. a great help with
5. were / are divided into 6. more than 7. a type of
二、1. This kind of bird died out five hundred years ago.
2. The police finally found out the truth.
3. Let’s go for a walk after dinner.
4. A human being can talk and think, but an animal cannot.
5. There are thousands of living things on Earth.
6. I took many photos of the places of interest in Xi’an.
1. as; as 2. more than 3. includes / has 4. isn’t any / is no
一、1-5 ACCDB 6-10 CBABC
二、1. is something 2. nothing interesting 3. some; nobody
4. Everything 5. any
三、1-5 BADCB 6-10 CADBD
1. us 2. moving 3. is 4. by 5. to see 6. will stop 7. how 8. to go
9. and 10. also
一、1. musician 2. ability 3. Perhaps 4. inventor 5. notebooks
6. However 7. suddenly 8. intelligence 9. country(side) 10. Dollar
二、1. ability 2. invented 3. includes 4. scientist 5. Suddenly
6. dying, dead
一、1. in the countryside 2. to go / going for a walk 3. is famous for 4. am sure
5. is a great help 6. find out 7. took pictures of 8. learned about
二、1. will die out 2. is / was sure about 3. used to live, is used to living
4. a type / kind of 5. look up 6. in the centre of 7. human being
8. is made up of
1. I’m sure (that) you will pass the exam.
2. It’s important for us to learn English well.
3. Would you like some bread and milk?
4. Some children are playing games. Others are flying kites.
一、1-5 CABBA 6-10 BDACC
二、1. nothing 2. somebody 3. everybody 4. everything 5. nobody
三、1. is something 2. Would you like / Do you want something 3. any, some
4. somebody / someone interesting 5. any
一、1-5 ADBCA 6-10 BCCBB
二、11-15 DBDAA 16-20 CADCB
三、21-25 BDCAB 26-30 CADBA
五、36. invention 37. even 38. anyone / anybody 39. Human 40. born
六、41. Some, Others 42. such as 43. made, stop crying 44. the history of wool
45. It is clever / wise of
七、One possible version
Deng Yaping — a world-famous table tennis player
Deng Yaping was born in Henan Province. She began playing table tennis at the age of six. When she was 15 years old, she entered National Table Tennis Team. She trained very hard and was good at using her head to play. Soon, she became one of the best players in the Women’s Team. She has won 17 world champions in all, and has been one of the Best Ten Players in China. Now she is regarded as one of the best players in the world. She is not only loved by the Chinese, but also by people all over the world.
一、1. amount 2. instructions 3. instead 4. number 5. wise 6. traffic
7. realize 8. promise 9. check 10. accident
二、1. gold 2. first 3. correctly 4. fifty-fifth 5. Indian 6. realize 短语
一、1. the rest of 2. all year round 3. and so on 4. challenged, to 5. copied down
6. developed into 7. led to 8. A long time ago
二、1. the rest of 2. Follow, advice / suggestion(s) 3. The amount of 4. nothing but
5. In this way 6. so that 7. make money
1. He promised not to be late for school again.
2. A long time ago, there was a river between the two villages.
3. I don’t think she will come.
4. Wouldn’t you like some more coffee?
5. From then on, the prince and the princess lived happily.
一、1-5 DDACB 6-10 BCCBA
二、1. second 2. twenty-first 3. twelfth 4. third 5. twice
一、1-5 ABDCB 6-10 BACDA
二、11-15 ABCAC 16-20 ABCDB
三、21-25 ADBBA 26-30 BABCA
五、36. instead 37. accident 38. check 39. prize 40. Wise
六、41. the rest of 42. from then on 43. copy down 44. lead to
45. ordered her to stay
七、One possible version
Most of us have hobbies. Here is the result of the survey about what my schoolmates usually do in their free time. Nearly half the students like music, and a quarter of the students usually spend their time playing sports at weekends. Twenty per cent of them enjoy reading books.
A few students like collecting things, such as stamps, coins and so on. Few students have other hobbies.
As for me, I prefer listening to music. Because it can make me relaxed when I am unhappy and tired. Sometimes I listen to English songs. I can learn English words and sentences from them. It really improves my English a lot.
一、1. railway 2. keyboard 3. sell 4. expensive 5. type 6. depend
7. price 8. popular
二、1. speed 2. compare 3. type 4. mouse 5. company
一、1. be unaware of 2. has worked as 3. get on the Internet
4. will depend / depends on 5. In addition 6. went to hospital
7. happened to
二、1. is looking forward to 2. changing our lives 3. one day 4. at a faster speed
5. are made of 6. grand total 7. is bad for
1. Wang Gang can give us some advice on how to study well.
2. What about the white dress?
3. We must stop those people from polluting the air.
4. What do you think of / about this novel?
5. Thank you for telling me the good news.
一、1-5 BCBAA 6-8 BDC
二、1. thinner 2. more interested 3. faster 4. twice 5. better 6. the newest 三、1. hotter, than 2. more difficult / much harder 3. the most popular cities
4. twice bigger / larger than 5. not as / so soft as
一、1-5 BBDBA 6-10 CDBAC
二、11-15 BBAAB 16-20 ADBCA
三、21-25 CBACB 26-30 BACDB
五、36. company 37. mouse 38. popular 39. tiny 40. ordered
六、41. works as 42. depend on 43. grand total 44. Thank you for helping
45. make me happier
七、One possible version
These days, computer games become more and more popular. Many students also play computer games. There are some advantages. For example, they can help students think well. What’s more, they will help students learn some English words and knowledge of the computer. However, some people say that students are addicted to computer games so that they can’t
pay attention to their studies. Besides, playing too much computer games is bad for the students’health.
In my opinion, every coin has two sides. Students can play computer games to relax, but they shouldn’t spend too much time on them.
一、1. funny 2. create 3. invented 4. since 5. telephone 6. candles
7. passengers / people 8. century
二、1. comfortable 2. wheels 3. developing, developed 4. practical
5. advertisement 6. distance
一、1. worked as 2. millions of 3. keep, off 4. right now 5. Since then
6. make a mess 7. in the daytime 8. in a short time
二、1. kept in touch with 2. In the daytime 3. at the same time 4. Since then
5. Keep, off 6. instead of 7. at night 8. at the weekend
1. Can you imagine living without the light bulb?
2. She is the youngest of all the ladies.
3. He made as many mistakes as I did.
4. How often do you play computer games?
一、1-5 DDCAB 6-8 CBC
二、1. more 2. easier 3. better 4. cold 5. older
三、1. as big / large as 2. more and more beautiful 3. isn’t as / so useful as
一、1-5 CDCCB 6-10 CCACB
二、11-15 BACAB 16-20 CCBDB
三、21-25 BACAD 26-30 DCBAD
五、36. funny 37. practical 38. comfortable 39. introduction 40. since 六、41. instead of 42. keep in touch with 43. in the daytime 44. keep off
45. At the same time
七、One possible version
Thomas Edison was one of the greatest inventors in the world. He was born in America in 1847. He was in school for only three months. Then he was taught by his mother at home. Thomas Edison was very interested in science. At the age of ten he set up a lab. He spent most of his lifetime in the lab. And he invented more than 1,000 inventions all his life, including the light bulb, the phonograph and so on. Most of his inventions have greatly influenced our lives and made our lives more convenient. Thomas Edison died in 1931.
一、1. culture 2. glad 3. chopsticks 4. guests 5. respect 6. introduced
7. exchange 8. tour / travel
二、1. educational 2. fantastic 3. success 4. British 5. weekdays 6. introduce 短语
一、1. learned / learnt about 2. take part in 3. come over to 4. a bit of
5. as well 6. staying with
二、1. At first 2. places of interest 3. So far 4. keeps in touch with
5. introduced us to 6. has, waited for 7. have a picnic 8. apply for
1. The host family will teach us how to use chopsticks.
2. An educational exchange will be the adventure of a lifetme.
3. Lucy has been in China for a year.
4. I will be glad to be your guest.
一、1-5 BCBDA 6-8 DBC
二、1. hasn’t visited 2. Have, heard 3. has worked 4. have, spent, haven’t finished
5. hasn’t found 6. has, fallen
一、1-5 CBCAB 6-10 DBCBD
二、11-15 BACDB 16-20 BCABC
三、21-25 CADBC 26-30 ACDBD
五、36. local 37. tours / travels 38. host 39. educational 40. guest
六、41. so far 42. come over to 43. a bit of 44. travel to 45. have a reference from
七、One possible version
I’m very lucky as an exchange student to study in America. I have lived there for one year.
But when I first reached America, I was very nervous. My host family were very friendly and l lived in a big and comfortable room. These made me feel much better. It was very easy for me to learn all the subjects, but sometimes I also had much homework to do. Luckily, the classmates helped each other. During my stay there, I visited many famous universities such as Harvard University. I have learned a lot about the American culture. If I have one more chance, I want to visit there again. Thank you!
一、1. understand 2. army 3. succeed 4. quietly 5. huge 6. pull
7. main 8. stupid 9. celebrate 10. stealing
二、1. side 2. midnight 3. except 4. difference 5. ancient 6. trick
7. queen 8. punish
一、1. succeed in 2. give up 3. one by one 4. are afraid of 5. play a trick on
二、1. act out 2. make jokes about / make fun of / play tricks on 3. Come on
4. was full of 5. in the end 6. except for 7. turned around
1. Tom asked us to take part in the party together yesterday.
2. That policeman ordered the thief not to run just now.
3. Let’s try together to finish the task in three hours.
4. There once was a river here.
一、1-5 ABAAD 6-8 DAA
二、1. had 2. Have, done, have already finished 3. hasn’t smoked 4. has been
5. has just left, was
一、1-5 BBABD 6-10 BAADC
二、11-15 ABCBB 16-20 CACAD
三、21-25 CADBD 26-30 BCABB
五、36. empty 37. understand 38. secret 39. succeed 40. pull
六、41. look, over 42. give up 43. make jokes about / make fun of / play tricks on
44. were full of / were filled with 45. think of
七、One possible version
Long, long ago, King Hiero sent a golden crown to Archimedes. He ordered Archimedes to check if it was completely made of gold. One day, Archimedes was taking a bath. When he saw the water running over, he got a good idea suddenly. At first, he put the same weight of gold into a pot full of water. Then some of the water ran out of five centimetres. After that, he put the crown into the same pot full of water. But the water ran out of three centimetres. So Archimedes knew the crown was made of both gold and silver because silver is lighter than gold. At last, King Hiero knew it and sent the crown maker to prison.
一、1. Corner 2. lose 3. similar 4. unless 5. spell 6. mention
7. silly / stupid 8. wallet
二、1. improve 2. worth 3. spelling 4. memory 5. manager 6. letters
一、1. is pouring out 2. slow down 3. at the beginning 4. took out
5. in the middle 6. Put, into 7. stay relaxed
二、1. in the future 2. write down 3. have / keep a balanced diet 4. add, to
5. live a happy life 6. poured out of
1. They had trouble (in) working out these difficult Maths problems.
2. It’s very important for us to finish our homework by ourselves.
3. When we have trouble with our studies, Miss Pan always helps us.
4. This movie is worth watching.
一、1-5 CBCBA 6-7 CD
二、1. studies, will catch 2. pass, will have 3. won’t come, invite 4. cool, turns
5. won’t finish, don’t improve
一、1-5 BABBA 6-10 CDABD
二、11-15 BDCBA 16-20 CABCD
三、21-25 BACDA 26-30 BADAB
五、36. basket 37. letter 38. unless 39. manager 40. step
六、41. between, and 42. making a strange noise 43. to learn / study
44. improve my memory 45. rains, won’t go
七、One possible version
Many students find it is difficult to remember words when they learn English. Here’s some advice for you.
Remembering English words needs not only your memory, but also skills. Firstly, you should listen to the tape and read the words often, and learn the pronunciation to remember them. Secondly, you can connect pictures with English words. With the help of pictures, you may remember the words more easily. Thirdly, you can put the words in sentences. It helps you understand better. Lastly, enough sleep and exercise are good for you to remember English words.
Please have a try!
一、1. speech 2. topics 3. opinion 4. whole 5. attacked 6. chance
7. else 8. whenever 9. communicate / chat
二、1. advised 2. confidently 3. suggestions 4. hid
一、1. tries to 2. Look out 3. in public 4. take part in 5. In my opinion
6. is worth doing 7. will put on
二、1. treasure hunt 2. Above all / Most importantly 3. advised, to go 4. Are, good at
5. give a speech / talk 6. belongs to 7. tried to help
1. You had better not draw on the wall of the classroom.
2. Thank you for telling me the way to the library.
3. My classmates like different sports. Some like playing basketball. Others like running.
4. Please give me a pen. / Please give a pen to me.
二、1. had better not miss 2. ought not to throw / should not throw away 3. should go, get
4. had better not ride 5. You’d better go
一、1-5 BBDCC 6-10 CACBB
二、11-15 DBABC 16-20 BCACD
三、21-25 CCBAC 26-30 BCBAC
五、36. several 37. suggestion 38. winner(s) 39. chose 40. shy
六、41. Above all / Most importantly 42. In my opinion 43. put on / acted out
44. look out / be careful 45. in public
七、One possible version
We have English Week every year. There are several activities in the week, such as guessing the words, hand-copying designing, English songs competition and performance of English plays. I want to take part in guessing the words best. Because I have a good pronunciation. And I think it is very interesting. Also, it can help me remember and practise more words. Besides, I can get to know some clever students and I can learn from them. That’s why I like the activity so much.
一、1-5 BCDCA 6-10 CBCAD
二、11-15 BACCB 16-20 CBDAC
三、21-25 DCABC 26-30 BAABC
四、(A) 31-35 BDBDC
(B) 36-40 ABCCB
(C) 41-45 DBDAC
(D) 46-50 DBDAC
五、51. prize 52. traffic 53. tiny 54. empty 55. choose
六、56. goes for a walk 57. copy down 58. are looking forward to 59. a bit of
60. Except for
七、One possible version
We took Maths, English, Chinese and Physics exams last week and I got my report card yesterday. I did well in most of the subjects. My Maths teacher said I was hard -working. It’s my favourite subject. My English teacher said that I was good at listening and reading, and that I needed to improve my speaking and writing. My Chinese teacher said I was a good student. I’m happy about that. But my Physics teacher said I was lazy. It’s not true. In fact, I find Physics really difficult for me. Could you give me some advice on how to improve it?
Please write to me soon.
1. copy down 2. At first 3. divided by 4. In this way
5. multiplied by 6. led to 7. developing into
8. worked with 9. subtract; from 10. so that
1-5 BACDB 6-8 BDC
(1) The amount of (2) The number of
(3) F; amount →number (4) F; number →amount
(5) I’ll leave him a note so that he can find us.
(6) Leave the door open so that I can hear when someone comes.
(7) leads to (8) lead to (9) leads me to believe (10) led us to
Unit 2 基础训练（二）
第一节1. It’s Saturday. 2. He will leave at 8:30.
第二节3. He left his schoolbag in the playground.
4. He is in Class 12(, Grade 8).
5. Yes, he does. 6. It’s blue.
三、第一节One possible version:
Mike was busy last weekend. On Saturday morning, he visited his aunt by bike. In the afternoon he went to Ben’s party and made two new friends, Tom and Andy. They are brothers. In the evening, he went to a movie with his friends. On Sunday, he went shopping with his mother all day. When he got home, he was really tired and went to bed early.
第二节1. When / What time did you go to bed last Saturday evening?
2. What did you have for lunch last Sunday?
一、1. fifth 2. third 3. twenty⁃fifth 4. ninth 5. first 6. Seven
7. forty⁃five 8. Thirty 9. fifty⁃nine
二、1. eighth 2. twentieth 3. sixth 4. twelfth 5. eighty⁃fourth
One possible version:
I would like to tell you something about chess. It has a history of nearly 2,000 years. There are thirty⁃two pieces in a chess set. Every chessboard has sixty⁃four squares. Now the chess game is one of the most popular games in the world. Many people play chess for fun in their free time. People in different places have different ways of playing chess.
一、1. The / This graph shows 2. rose to 3. fell to
二、One possible version:
The graph shows the rainfall of Taiwan in a year. From January to April the rainfall slowly rose. It reached 100 mm in April. Then from April to June the rainfall rapidly rose. The rainfall of June was 520 mm. In July the rainfall fell a little to 500
mm, but in August the rainfall rose again to 580 mm. It was the top in a year. After that, the rainfall kept falling. The rainfall in December was the least. It was 20 mm. More practice
一、1. At first; used; to do 2. developed into 3. led to 4. so that
5. The number of 6. help; clean
Unit 2 单元知识专练
一、1. number 2. prize / place 3. promised 4. copy 5. checked 6. instead
7. traffic 8. rest 9. accident 10. son
二、1. correctly 2. instructions 3. Indian
三、1. chess 2. doubles 3. gold 4. wise 5. realized
一、1. led to 2. developed into 3. follow my advice
4. At first 5. From then on
二、1. The story happened a long time ago.
2. He challenged me to another basketball game.
3. There is nothing but a pen on the desk.
4. The number of students in Class One is 47.
5. Please copy down the words on the blackboard.
6. We ate lots of fruits yesterday, such as apples, bananas and so on.
7. The boss always orders his workers to clean the offices.
8. My father promised to buy a new bike for me next week.
9. I will keep doing exercise for the rest of my life.
10. If you want to pass the exams, you must keep working hard.
1. Wouldn’t; like 2. If; win; would like to 3. can’t eat any more
4. so that 5. I don’t think
一、1. thirty⁃two 2. fifty⁃seven 3. six hundred and ninety⁃three
4. four thousand and forty⁃four
5. eight thousand four hundred and fifty⁃three
6. thirty⁃five thousand one hundred and three
7. one hundred thousand 8. one million 9. tenth 10. twelfth
11. seventeenth 12. twenty⁃first 13. thirty⁃second 14. fortieth
15. (one) hundredth
二、1-5 BDDBA 6-7 CA
三、1. twenty; the third 2. the second 3. divided by; is / equals 4. the eighth of
5. minus; is / equals 6. multiplied by; is / equals 7.nineties
1. takes place 2. took place 3. happened 4. how to play 5. how to go to
6. I don’t think he looks like a seventy⁃year⁃old man.
7. I don’t believe Mary will come.
1. on weekdays 2. at weekends 3. under 18 years old 4. be free for sb
5. go skiing 6. the same 7. from ... to ...
1. For young men at 18 years old or under, the price is lower than that for adults.
2. They had better go skiing with paying adults.
3. They should show their student cards, military ID cards or ID cards.
Step 3: 一般现在；the price；三；基数
Step 4: One possible version:
Shawnee Mountain Skiing
This is the price for Shawnee Mountain Skiing from 12 Dec. this year to 25 Feb. the next year. For adults, the price is $43 on weekdays, but it rises to $50 at weekends. For young men at 18 years old or under, the price is lower than that for adults, $32 on weekdays and $36 at weekends. It is free for children, 146 cm tall or under, and they had better go skiing with paying adults. For college students, soldiers and elders from 62 to 69 years old, the price is the same, $33 on weekdays and $44 at weekends, but they should show their student cards, military ID cards or ID cards.