1. was born on 2. was born in 3. as big as 4. Some; Others 5. as heavy as
6. The others 7. It’s clever of you to know that.
8. It’s dangerous for us to cross the busy street.
1. be good at 2. for example 3. up to 4. in weight 5. on Earth
6. for a long time 7. feed on
1. The ostrich is the largest of all birds on Earth.
2. Ostriches’ wings are so small that they can’t fly.
3. Ostriches are good at running because their legs are long and strong.
4. Ostriches show ability to live without drinking water for a long time.
Step 3 一般现在
Step 4 One possible version:
Many animals are very special. The ostrich is one of them. It’s the largest of all birds on Earth. It is about 2.7 metres tall and can be up to 135 kilograms in weight. Ostriches’ wings are so small that they can not fly. However, they are good at running because their legs are long and strong. They can even run 60 kilometres an hour. Ostriches feed on grass, leaves and insects. They live in great holes in the desert of Africa, so they show ability to live without drinking water for a long time.
1. B【解析】从第一段的后两句“Some students help their parents … so they help
2. A【解析】从第二段倒数第二句“But most students wash their clothes once a week.”可以看出大部分学生一周洗一次衣服，因此答案选A。
3. D【解析】从文中第二句“He always drove home after work.”可以看出Mr Jackson 总是开车回家，因此答案选D。
4. C【解析】从文中第三句“But there was something wrong with … take a bus to work.”可以看出那段时间Mr Jackson 的车坏了，所以他不得不乘坐公交车上班，因此答案选C。
一、(A) was born (B) was sent to prison (C）was set free
(D) the Nobel Peace Prize (E) the first black president
一、1. born 2. However 3. Nobody 4. Perhaps 5. notebook
二、1. scientist 2. ability 3. musicians 4. inventor 5. suddenly
三、1. countryside 2. includes 3. won 4. even
一、1. is made up of 2. For example 3. used to 4. a great help with
5. were / are divided into 6. more than 7. a type of
二、1. This kind of bird died out five hundred years ago.
2. The police finally found out the truth.
3. Let’s go for a walk after dinner.
4. A human being can talk and think, but an animal cannot.
5. There are thousands of living things on Earth.
6. I took many photos of the places of interest in Xi’an.
1. as; as 2. more than 3. includes / has 4. isn’t any / is no
一、1-5 ACCDB 6-10 CBABC
二、1. is something 2. nothing interesting 3. some; nobody
4. Everything 5. any
三、1-5 BADCB 6-10 CADBD
1. us 2. moving 3. is 4. by 5. to see 6. will stop 7. how 8. to go
9. and 10. also
Unit 2 单元知识专练
一、1. number 2. prize / place 3. promised 4. copy 5. checked 6. instead
7. traffic 8. rest 9. accident 10. son
二、1. correctly 2. instructions 3. Indian
三、1. chess 2. doubles 3. gold 4. wise 5. realized
一、1. led to 2. developed into 3. follow my advice
4. At first 5. From then on
二、1. The story happened a long time ago.
2. He challenged me to another basketball game.
3. There is nothing but a pen on the desk.
4. The number of students in Class One is 47.
5. Please copy down the words on the blackboard.
6. We ate lots of fruits yesterday, such as apples, bananas and so on.
7. The boss always orders his workers to clean the offices.
8. My father promised to buy a new bike for me next week.
9. I will keep doing exercise for the rest of my life.
10. If you want to pass the exams, you must keep working hard.
1. Wouldn’t; like 2. If; win; would like to 3. can’t eat any more
4. so that 5. I don’t think
一、1. thirty⁃two 2. fifty⁃seven 3. six hundred and ninety⁃three
4. four thousand and forty⁃four
5. eight thousand four hundred and fifty⁃three
6. thirty⁃five thousand one hundred and three
7. one hundred thousand 8. one million 9. tenth 10. twelfth
11. seventeenth 12. twenty⁃first 13. thirty⁃second 14. fortieth
15. (one) hundredth
二、1-5 BDDBA 6-7 CA
三、1. twenty; the third 2. the second 3. divided by; is / equals 4. the eighth of
5. minus; is / equals 6. multiplied by; is / equals 7.nineties
1. takes place 2. took place 3. happened 4. how to play 5. how to go to
6. I don’t think he looks like a seventy⁃year⁃old man.
7. I don’t believe Mary will come.
1. on weekdays 2. at weekends 3. under 18 years old 4. be free for sb
5. go skiing 6. the same 7. from ... to ...
1. For young men at 18 years old or under, the price is lower than that for adults.
2. They had better go skiing with paying adults.
3. They should show their student cards, military ID cards or ID cards.
Step 3: 一般现在；the price；三；基数
Step 4: One possible version:
Shawnee Mountain Skiing
This is the price for Shawnee Mountain Skiing from 12 Dec. this year to 25 Feb. the next year. For adults, the price is $43 on weekdays, but it rises to $50 at weekends. For young men at 18 years old or under, the price is lower than that for adults, $32 on weekdays and $36 at weekends. It is free for children, 146 cm tall or under, and they had better go skiing with paying adults. For college students, soldiers and elders from 62 to 69 years old, the price is the same, $33 on weekdays and $44 at weekends, but they should show their student cards, military ID cards or ID cards.
1. B。由文段第一句中的“taught Geography at St. Mary’s School”可知在成为修女前，Mother Teresa 是一名老师。故正确答案为B项。
2. A。由文段倒数第二句“Mother Teresa tried her best to save her but at last she failed.”可知Mother Teresa 尽全力救那个生病的女人，但最后失败了。所以那个生病的女人应该是去世了。
3. B。由第二段最后一句中的“the coming of winter”和“the living need warm
clothes”可知special clothes 为warm clothes，在意思上和B 项的winter clothes 接近，故选B。
4. C。由第二段第二句可知Chongyang 相当于Double Ninth，再结合第三段最后一句“Also, people think they will do better than before after eating the cake.”可知，人们吃重阳糕是希望能在以后的日子里取得进步，故选C。
(1)出生日期 (2)身高 (3)业余爱好
【我来尝试】One possible version:
My name is Wu Wen. I’m in Class 5, Grade 2. I’m very brave, outgoing and easygoing. I like travelling and making friends a lot. My favourite sport is basketball and I’m very good at it. I also enjoy reading English novels very much. In 2014, I won the first prize in the school English competition.
I really want to be a student guide for the Canadian friends. I’d like to show them around our school. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unit 2 单元综合能力检测题
Ⅰ. i.1-5 CABAA 6-8 CAB
ii.9-13 CCABA 14-15 BC
Ⅱ. 16-20 CBCBA 21-25 ACBAB
Ⅲ. 26-30 ADACD 31-35 DCBBD 36-40 CBCAD 41-45 ABCBC
Ⅳ. 46. the 47. on 48. came 49. begins 50. minutes 51. telling
52. surprised 53. to go 54. but 55. will be
V. One possible version:
Our class wants to hold an English Corner. I made a survey to see how my classmates think about it. 70% of my classmates think it is a good idea. They think the English Corner can make their school life more colourful. They can also learn something new. What’s more, they can practise their oral English. However, 30% of my classmates don’t think so. They say they don’t have time for the English Corner because they have too much homework to do. Some of them can’t express their ideas in English well, so they don’t want to speak English. In my opinion, the English Corner is helpful to us because it is a good chance to practise our oral English.
第一节1. He wants to buy a pair of glasses.
2. It may happen in the shop.
3. They’re classmates.
4. The man made more mistakes.
5. He could count from 1 to 10.
6. His father taught him Maths.
第二节7. She is a worker in the hotel.
8. They are $400.
9. The breakfast is free from 7:00 to 9:00.
10. He will live in the hotel on August 10th.
三、第一节One possible version:
Jimmy comes from Australia and he is twenty⁃seven years old. He is 1.75 m tall and a little heavy. He likes doing sports very much. His favourite hobby is playing badminton. He works as an engineer in a big company. He doesn’t like cooking and he is very tired after work. So he eats fast food every day.
第二节1. Do you have any other hobbies?
2. How do you usually go to work?
《共同关注》 1-2 TF
《阅读任务》 1-5 BABCA
(1) B (2) doubled its height (3) the rest is (4) the rest of
(5) F; instead后加of (6) F; instead后加of (7) T (8) F; to watch → of watching
(9) realized the importance (10) didn’t realize that / did not realize
(11) Do you realize (12) but / except Sunday (13) but / except watch
一、1. all year round 2. take place 3. nothing but 4. the rest of
二、1. challenge; to 2. A long time ago 3. not; any more 4. and so on
5. follow his advice 6. From then on
一、1-5 BABAC 6-10 CBACA
二、(1) make (2) say (3) inside (4) Never (5) new
一、A. 1-3 BAC B. 4-6 ACB C. 7-10 BCAA D. 11-15 BBDAC
二、1. king’s 2. quickly 3. collect 4. Indian
三、1. We should follow the teacher’s advice and study hard.
2. A long time ago, there were many pandas here.
3. From then on, he didn’t play basketball any more.
4. My brother challenged me to a game of chess.
5. I want to take a good rest in the rest of the holiday. Listening
一、(1) (zero) point zero eight
(2) nineteen per cent
(3) three forty⁃five / (a) quarter to four / fifteen to four
(4) the twenty⁃third of January, two thousand and twelve
(5) six hundred thousand
二、(1) 6,000,202 (2) 10:50 (3) 2:30 (4) 5,200
1-5 ACBCB 6-10 CAABC 11-15 CDBAD
1. making noises 2. go swimming
一、1. next to 2. climb up to 3. takes pictures of 4. looks like 二、1. learn, from 2. goes for a walk
3. a type / kind of 4. is important to
some & any
1. some 2. any, some 3. any 4. some 5. some
一、1. Somebody / Someone 2. anybody / anyone
3. Nobody / No one 4. anybody / anyone
二、1. nothing important 2. everything 3. anything
1. Sally put her coat on the bed.
2. Tom can sleep in the room above ours.
3. The TV programme is a great help with my Chinese.
4. Can you help me (to) learn / study English?
或Can you help me with my English?
Unit 1基础训练 （二）
第一节1. Films about dinosaurs.
2. More than 150 million years.
第二节3. He was a Maths teacher. 4. He listened to music.
5. He was happy.
6. Because Mr White didn’t hear the music from his neighbour.
三、第一节One possible version:
Last summer, Xiaofang went on a trip to Dalian with her family. They went there by plane. After they arrived, they went to the beach and swam there. They spent a week there. They all enjoyed themselves. Xiaofang even wants to visit Dalian again.
第二节7. What food of Dalian do you like?
8. When are you going to Dalian again?
二、1. have any questions 2. Would you like something
3. shopping list 4. somebody / someone interesting
二、One possible version:
Today I would like to introduce a famous person in China. Her name is Lang Ping. She is famous as a volleyball player. She led the Chinese Volleyball National Team to the first place in the Olympic Games. Later she went to America and became a volleyball coach. Now she comes back to China and trains Chinese volleyball players. She is my idol. I hope she will succeed again.
一、1. look like 2. go for a walk 3. take ... home 4. climb out 二、1. Don’t take the books in the library home.
2. This mobile phone looks like a watch.
3. Going for a walk is good for health.
4. It’s dangerous to climb out of the window.
三、One possible version:
Sammy took Dudley to the Dinosaur Park. The children were waiting patiently there. They were excited to meet Dudley. The children introduced themselves to Dudley and Dudley could remember all their names! Together they took part in many activities and had great fun. They played games, sang songs and danced happily. Dudley even told funny jokes to make the children laugh. Later, the children took many photos with Dudley. They hoped to celebrate Dudley’s birthday the next year and Dudley hoped to make more friends. Sammy and Dudley really enjoyed themselves.
一、A. 1. attraction 2. harbours 3. types 4. view
B. 1. made 2. Australians 3. sheep
C. 1. wool 2. work
二、1. took pictures of 2. is made in 3. is important to 4. climb up to 三、1-3 DBC
1. in 2. are 3. making 4. most 5. to use 6. to do
7. a 8. or 9. saying 10. However