（总分100分） 班级 姓名
( ，she planned to learn ______second foreign language.
A. the； a B. a; a C. the； the D. a; the
( )2. —The earthquake in Ya'an took place ___two past eight ___the morning of April 20th.
—Yes, some people were still sleeping for it was weekend
A. in ; on B. on ; in C. at ; in D. at ;on
( ) 3. He couldn’t ________an answer when I asked him why he was late.
A. come over B. catch up with C. come out D. come up with
( )4 — Did you enjoy the outdoor training yesterday?
—dead after so much hard training. A. as good as B. as well as C. so good as D. so well as
( ) 5. —May I take this magazine out of the reading room?
—No, you _______. You read it in here.
A. mightn’t B. won’t C. needn’t D. mustn’t
( ) 6. Now more and more people are_______ the dangers of drinking and driving.
A. tired of B. aware of C. fond of D. proud of
( ) 7.---Do you have any problems if you ______ this job?
---Well, I’m thinking about the working day.
A. offer B. will offer C. are offered D. will be offered
( ) 8. It was ______ lovely weather ______ we decided to spend the day on the beach.
A. such a； that B. such； that C. such； as D. so； that
( )9. —Sorry, I’m late. Has the meeting begun?
—It doesn’t matter. The meeting A. has just begun
C. has just been on B. has just been over D. has just ended
( ) 10. ---- Let’s go fishing if it _______ this weekend.
---- But nobody knows if it ______.
A. is fine ; will rain B. will be fine; rains
C. is fine; rains D. will be fine; will rain
( ) 11. They thought ________ important to look left and right when ________ the road.
A. it’s, cross B. it, to cross C. it, crossing D. it was, to cross
( )12. —What do you think of the film“Avatar ”?
—It ’s fantastic．The only pity is that I________ the beginning of it．
A ．missed B ．was missing C ．miss D ．will miss
( )13. －We must act now because time is _______. －Yes. Let’s start.
A. coming out B. giving out C. cutting out D. running out
( ) 14. —Which of these two sports sweaters will you take?
—I’ll take A. both B. either C. none D. neither
( ) 15.—Shall we go fishing at six o'clock tomorrow morning?
—______.Will seven o’clock be OK?
A. Sure, it’s up to you B. Sure, no problem
C. Sorry, I can’t make it D. Sorry, I’m not availab
I grew up in a small town in Washington, US. I had a brother named Tim. I admired him
because he had so many friends that I also wanted to be like my brother. But he and his friends were in a gang (帮派). They were so wild that they often beat up (殴打) persons outside the On my thirteenth birthday, I told my brother to be in the gang with him. He said
“No. ” But I didn't 4 to him. One day I went to ask his friends to play together. Tim ’s I wanted to join the gang, I must ’t do so.
After a few months, I began to beat up other people with the gang. Sometimes I wouldn't go
home at night, and my mother would be This went on for six months. I knew it One night after my fifteenth birthday, I went home. I found my mother wasn’t at home. She
was ill and was sent to the 神经崩溃 she was so worried about me. That made me very sad. The next day, I decided to leave the gang. They beat me up but I insisted on saying “Goodbye! ” with a smile.
I ’m very glad I’m out of the gang now. I don't have to be afraid all the time. Not only I can
friends. They’re friendly and helpful. But again.
( )1. A. happily
( )2. A. thought B. hurriedly C. seldom D. usually B. forgot C. said
C. think D. knew D . plan
D. surprised C. promised D. wanted ( )3. A. regretted B. refused ( )4. A. listen B. answer ( )6. A. until B. though ( )7. A. came B. fell ( )9. A. careful ( )5. A. found B. took C. sent C. went C. angry C. tired C. unless D. if ( )8. A. Yet B. Next C. Finally D. First B. patient B. worried ( )10. A. excited
( )11. A. bad B. interesting C. special D. exciting
( )12. A. school B. home C. office D. hospital
( )13. A. as B. because C. before D. although
( )14. A. mad B. good C. wild D. bad
( )15. A. wise B. lonely C. happy D. home
( )1. The underlined word “identify ” means ________.
A. 认出 B. 同意
"Well, just take a look at that wheel（航轮）! ” Earl Cooper said to Candy, his wife. "It must
be older than anything we have back home."
Earl was looking at the wall outside the pub（酒馆）. The pub's name, The Old Swan, was
on the wall. Next to the name was a wooden ship's wheel and in the middle of the wheel was the name of a ship, HMS Swan. The wheel was old, Earl could tell.
The next morning, Earl asked to see Tony Thatcher. The Old Swan was Tony's pub. He
took Earl to his office while Candy had a coffee outside by the river. Earl said he could give Tony a lot of money for the ship's wheel. He told Tony that Benjamin Cooper, his grandfather, went to America on the ship HMS Swan. But Tony said no at first. After all, the wheel was very old and it was part of the pub's past.
"You can think of the past, Mr. Thatcher - can I call you Tony? - or you can think of today.
And with the money, Tony, you can buy a good car. Maybe a new Jaguar? And, as I've told you, the wheel is part of my family's past too. So you could say it's going back home, in a way. So, what do you say?"
A month later, Earl and Candy were smiling as they looked at the wall of their house in
Houston, Texas. Earl thought to himself that, at last, he had a piece of his family's past. He was happy.
In Portsmouth, Tony Thatcher was happy, too. He was putting his new Jaguar into his large
garage （车库）. He was careful not to drive into any of the six ship's wheels in the garage. A friend of his made the wheels for him. They were just like the one that Earl bought. And there was another wheel on the outside wall of The Old Swan now. Old or new - Tony thought there
C. 计算 D. 组织 ( )2. Which of the following is true according to the passage? A. The iPod was lost on a train. C. The lost iPod was white. A. On a poster. C. On the Internet. ( )3. Where did Rae see her photos? B. In a newspaper. D. On TV. B. Billy was a very famous host. D. Rae sent some photos to Billy.
was no way that a tourist could ever know which was which. Never in a hundred years.
( ) 4. Why did Tony refuse to sell the wheel at first?
A. Because he thought it was old and part of the pub's past.
B. Because he wanted to show it was important to his pub.
C. Because he tried to sell it to someone else at a higher price.
D. Because he did not really believe what Earl had told him.
( )5.What can we infer(椎断) from the story?
A. Earl had looked for such a wheel for a long time before that.
B. Earl would soon find out the truth and become rather angry.
C. Tony had sold quite a few wheels like that ancl got wealthy,
D. Tony would play the same trick again to make more money.
( ) 6. Which of the following can be the best title of the story?
A. The Wheel on the Wall
B. An Excellent Buy D. the Family's Past
Some of the most successful people in the world are the ones who’ve had the most failures.
J.K. Rowling’s first Harry Potter book was refused 12 times before it finally came out. Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team. He lost hundreds of games and missed thousands of shots during his career. But he once said, “I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that’s why I succeed.”
These people succeeded because they understood that you have to let your failures teach
you. You have to let them show you what to do differently the next time. So if you get into trouble, that doesn’t mean you’re a troublemaker, it means you need to try harder to act right. If you get a bad grade, that doesn’t mean you’re stupid, it just means you need to spend more time studying. No one’s born being good at all things. You become good at things through hard work. You don’t hit every note the first time you sing a song. You’ve got to practice.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. I do that
every day. Asking for help isn’t a sign of weakness, it’s a sign of strength because it shows you have the courage to admit when you don’t know something, and that then allows you to learn something new. So find an adult that you trust — a parent, a grandparent or a teacher — and ask them to help you stay on track to meet your goals.
Now, your families, your teachers, and I are doing everything we can to make sure you
have a good education. But you’ve got to do your part, too. So I expect all of you to get serious this year. I expect you to put your best effort into everything you do. I expect great things from each of you. So don’t let us down. Don’t let your family down or your country down. Most of all, don’t let yourself down. Make us all proud.
— By President Obama
( ) 7. The speaker mentioned J.K. Rowling and Michael Jordan to ________.
A. introduce two very successful people
C. give examples of success after failures
A. let failures teach you
C. do a lot of practice
C. Old or New - Who Knows B. show they were different from others D. explain why they failed many times B. hide your weakness D. ask adults for help ( ) 8. The speaker advised the listeners to do the following EXCEPT to ________.
( ) 9. This speech is given to ________.
A. teachers B. writers C. parents D. students
( )10. The main purpose of this speech is to ________.
A. push the listeners to work hard for their future
B. show different ways of achieving success
C. encourage the listeners to do things differently
D. teach the listeners how to be more creative
1. --- I wonder if Brazil will win the match later tonight.
2. ---Haven’t you seen that sign, sir? It says “No swimming”.
---Sorry, I 3. ---Hey, Millie, you’re playing the computer game. How can you do that ?
all the work. Why can’t I play for a while ?
4 ---Hello, this is Jim. I to tell you that we’ll meet you at the airport at 4.00 pm
---OK, thank you.
5. ---Have you decided where to spend your summer holiday?
6. Mr Green said that the sun ____ in the east.
7. The firemen ____________ the fire, so all of you are out of danger now.
8. — Andy’s bike looks the same as yours.
— That’s mine. I ____________ it to him on my way home. 9. 一Why are you in a hurry，John?
一My classmates are waiting for me at the school gate. We__________ trees in the park.
10. As Sandy ____________ about her old school, a loud noise woke her up.
the CPC in January 1974. When Xi Jinping was elected (选举) China’s president at the National People’s Congress in March last year, he talked about some of his ideas on h to run a government. When he spoke, many Chinese people were pleasantly s and Daois. “Running a large country is like frying a small fish(治大国如烹小鲜),” he said at the meeting. It’s a quote from Tao Te Ching(《道德经》) ，by Laozi over 1,200 years ago.
In fact, it was not the Xi had quoted Laozi. Xi often referred to (参照) the
a provincial governor(省长).
with XinHua News Agency in October 2013, “He who conquers
others is strong; he who conquers himself is might(胜人者有力，自胜者强). It was true 2,000 true in the 21st century.”
1 b_________ 2.j_________ 3. h__________ 4.s___________ 5. w__________
6.f_________ 7. a________ 8.o_________ 9. i___________ 10. s_________
Learning to save money when you’re young is an important lesson. All good habits begin early, and saving is a skill that everyone needs. Many people— adults included — do not have a good sense of saving for the long run.
I have been lucky to learn this lesson early because I have had a grass-cutting business since I
was 10 years old. Of the money I make I spend about 10 percent and save the other 90.
Making sure you save and don’t spend too much is a good way to build up wealth (财富). I have put my earnings in a bank. Many teens I know spend all the money they earn so it never has a chance to grow. Young people should realize that their teenage years are a great time to begin saving.
At high school many parents pay for almost everything, so your expenses can be small. If you have a job, you should have fun with some of the money. But you should also save some so that it will grow. Then you can begin planning for your future. When you spend money, you not only lose that money, but also lose the interest you could have earned by saving it.
After high school, college is expensive and then “real” life begins, with expenses such as food and rent. If you can hold onto a good percentage of the money you earn as a teen, going to college and buying a house will be much easier. If you are in your teen without any savings, you will always have to struggle. The earlier you begin saving, the easier it is to create a nest egg.
Later in life it can be hard to start saving because general costs of living are more expensive
and you may only have enough to pay your bills. If you want to buy a house and have a family, you need money to start with, which comes from saving.
Many say money cannot make you happy, and this is true. But money can help you to lead a secure life.
Saving early will mean you will have to work for fewer years when you are older. It will also allow you to spend time doing the things that you want to do.
In addition to this, it will mean you can live the way you want to without worrying.
1. Why does the writer think he has been lucky to learn the lesson early?
2. How can we build up wealth?
3. Who pays for almost everything when you are at the high school?
4. When does your real life begin?
5. What can you learn from this passage? (请自拟一句话回答)
__________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________
一、 单项选择（共15小题；每小题l 分，计15分）
1---5 BDDAD 6---10 BCBCA 11---15 CADBC
1---5 CADAB 6---10 DBCCB 11---15 ADBBC
1---3 ACD 4---6 BDA 7---10 CBDA
1.starts 2 didn’t notice 3.have finished 4.am calling 5.will dicuss
6. rises 7. have controlled 8. lent 9. will plant 10. was dreaminge
1.born 2. joined 3.how 4.surprised 5.written
6.first 7. as 8.only 9.interview 10.still
1. Because he has had a grass-cutting business since he was 10 years old.
2. Making sure we save and don’t spend too much is a good way to build up wealth (财富).
3. Our parents.
4. After high school. /After we go to college.
5 It’s necessary and important for us to learn to save money when we are young. (任何合理的答案都可以)
一、判断下列单词画线部分读音是否相同，相同的写“S ”，不相同的写“D ”。
( ( ( ( ( 二、英汉互译。
1. 一个健康的饮食习惯 2. much food
3. 几个苹果 4. have some noodles
9. 一次 11. 刷牙 12. 把„„整理的井井有条
13. 迟睡觉 14. feel sleepy
15. at night 16.keep „clean and tidy
17. know„ 18.walk fast
1. Nancy (go) to the park in Shanghai every year.
2. I have (many) milk.
3. I want (eat) a hamburger. Can you buy one for ( I )?
4. There (be not ) any meat on my plate.
5.My brother had a lot of (apple) juice last night.
6. I like (sweet) food, but Helen (do not).
7. Mary (have) some fish every day.
8. It’s seven o’clock. You have (go) to school now.
( )1. The child A. are B. like C. likes D. wants
( )2. My sisters like meat.
A. aren’t B. doesn’t C. don’t D. isn’t
( )3. Do you want a glass of water?
A. eat B. to eat C. have D. to drink
( )4. I some rice and vegetables today.
A. have only B. has only C. only has D. only have
( )5. ─What do you often have ─Some noodles.
A. in B. for C. about D. of
( )6. ─Would you like bread? ─Yes, please.
A. a B. any C. an D. some
( )7. Here a lot of meat for the party.
A. are B.is C. that D. no
( )8. I have beautiful caps in my bedroom.
A. a little B. little C. a few D. lot of
( )9. Shean egg for breakfast this morning.
A. eat B. have C. had D. eating
A. mangoes B. oranges C. tomatoes D. grapes
( )11. There many animals in the forest.
A. were B. was C. be
( )12. Be ,please. You shouldn’t talk______ in the library.
A. quiet, loud B. quietly, loudly C. quiet, loudly
( )13. Our teacher is .She dances .
A. beautiful, beautiful B. beautiful, beautifully C. beautifully, beautiful
( )14. Let your brother clothes.
A. wash B. washes C. washed
( )15. He the meat and ate it.
A. bite B. bites C. bit
( the floor this morning?
A. Did, cleaned B. Did, clean C. Is, clean
( a big cake last week.
A. makes B.is making C. made
( )18. He A. doesn’t B. wasn’t C. didn’t
1. did lunch yesterday have for what you (?)
2. noodles breakfast parents some for my have often ( .)
3. little house is a in their there mouse ( .)
4. the glass is milk in there much not (.)
5. lot table there a cakes the are of on (?)
My grandpa milk breakfast day.
must have eggs .
I a of now.
1. My grandpa caught fish a big net.
2. Please open the door,I can’t get .
3. Who poured the water my shoes?
4. A teacher walked and they stopped.
5. Your sister is good dancing.
2. You laughed (loud).We could not hear that.
3.Are you good at (skate),Liu Tao? Yes, I am.
4.I can’t (make) clothes for my doll. Can you help me?
5. My sister (have) some good habits.
6. He can
7. I’m (sleep) now. Iwant to go to bed. 8.Liu Tao should (go) to bed early. 9.Sam (wash) his shoes last week.
10. you (finish)your homework last night? No,I (do).
1. My uncle (路过) and gave me some chocolates.
2. I’ll come and visit them (某天).
3. “How can I do that?” the man (伤心的说着) 。
4．It ’s (太深了).I can’t reach it.
5. I’m going to have a match this afternoon. Can you come and (为„„加油) me?
1. A monkey woke the tiger up.(改成一般疑问句)
a monkey the tiger up?
2. Two men caught the lion with a large net.(对画线部分提问)
two men catch the lion?
3. I’ m going to read books in the room.(对画线部分提问)
are you going to do in the room?
4. Sam brings some water quickly.(改成否定句)
Sam water quickly.
5. I gave him a sweet.(改成同义句)
I a sweet him.
6. The boy is running quickly. (改成否定句)
The boy running quickly.
，在坏习惯前面画 。 1. We brush our teeth in the morning and before bedtime. 2. We can put our things on the bed, chair, desk and floor.
3. He likes meat very much and never eats any vegetables.
4. I often keep my room clean and tidy.
6.I usually go to bed early and get up early.
All students need to have good study habits (习惯) . When you have good study habits, you can learn things quickly. You also remember (记得) them easily.
Do you like to study in the living - room? This is not a good place because it is usually too noisy. You need to study in a quiet (安静) place, like your bedroom. A quiet place will help you only think about one thing, and you will learn better.
Before you begin to study, do not forg et to clean your desk. A good desk light is important, too. You'll feel tired easily if there is not enough light.
44. When you have good study habits, you will_______.
A. learn things quickly
C. think about one thing B. remember things easily D. both A and B
45. You will feel tired easily if the light is_______.
A. good B. bad C. enough D. wonderful
46. What is the best title（标题）of the text?
A. Study in the Bedroom
C. Good Study Habits
B. How to study D. Desk Light is Important
小学英语五年级上册 音标 训练
（ ） （ ） 2. Sunday A. happy B. sorry C. birthday D. body （ ） 3. house A. now B. window C. down D. rainbow （ ） 4. food A. foot B. zoo C. school D. room （ ） 5. wait A. say B. bag C. way D. may
1. （ ） 2. （ ） 3. （ ） 4. （ ）
5. （ ） 6. （ ）
7. （ ） 8. （ ）
1. （ ） 2. ( ) 3. ( ) 4. ( ) 5. ( ) 6. ( ) 7. ( ) 8. ( ) 9. ( )
11. ( ) 12. ( ) 13. ( )
二、判断下列每组发音是否相同，相同写“T”不同写“F” 1 F 2 T 3 F 4 T 5 T 6 T 7 F 8 T
CCDAA BBBBD DA
第一单元：Unit One : My New Teacher
My new teacher is science teacher. He’s very strong. He has a big mouth, two big ears, two big eyes and a not too big and not too small nose. He often wears a black new shirt and brown pants, with two big shoes.
My science teacher is very kind. And he is very smart, isn’t he? Today, we have science class. We are very happy because he is so funny. Who is he? He’s a Mr. Zhou .
1. Mr Zhou is a funny teacher. He teaches _____________.
2. Mr Zhou’s favourtie color is ___________ and brown.
3. My new science teacher is a _________ and ______________ teacher.
4. We have ____________ class today.
答案：1.science 2.black 3.strong, kind或smart,
第二单元 Unit Two： My Day
Today is Monday,I get up at 6:30.Then I take a shower and brush my teeth. Then I eat breakfast at 7:00. After breakfast I go to school at 7：30. In the morning, I have many subjects. They are English,math,and two Chinese. Then is the lunch time,today I eat some bread. In the afternoon I have four classes,too. They are computer,P.E.,biology and music. After school I do my homework. Then I eat dinner at 6：30 in the evening. After dinner I read my book . Then I go to bed at 9:00. This is my day. 阅读短文后填空
1. I get up at 6:30 on ___________ morning
2. I eat ______________ after I take a shower and brush my teeth.
3. I eat some bread for ___________.
4. I have _________ P.E. , biology and ______________ on Monday afternoon.
答案： 1. Monday 2. breakfast 3.lunch 4.computer, music
第三单元 Unit Three： My Favourite Food
Hello!I am a student .My favorite food are so many . I like beef 、mutton、potota、fish and chicken.They are yummy and tasty.They are healthy. I like sweet food,too. I like chocolate cake the best. Chocolate cake is sweet and delicious.
1. I like chocolate cake the best because it is _______ and ___________.
2. Beef, mutton,potato, fish and chicken are my ___________ food.
3. I like yummy food,they are _____________.
4. I like _________ food but it is not healthy food.
答案： 1.sweet, delicious 2. favorite或healthy 3.
第四单元 Unit 4： What can you do?
Then I put some detergent（洗洁剂） to the water. Maybe I put too much, there are a lot of bubbles in the sink（洗碗盆）.
1. After dinner,Ｉ_____________ the dishes in the kitchen because they are dirty.
2.Mum is so _________ to hear that I like to help her.
3.There are a lot of bubbles because I ______ some detergent to the water.
4.I think I’ll do a _________ job next _______________.
答案： 1. wash 2. happy 3.put 4.better，time
第五单元 Unit 5： My Room
I have my own room. It is big and nice. There is a bed, a desk and a shelf. The doll is on my bed. The lamp is on the desk. The books are on the shelf. The trash bin is behind the door. The clothes are in the closet. There is a air-conditioner over the closet. Look! There are many pictures on the wall. I love my room very much.
1. I love my bedroom because it is _____ and _________.
2. We can see the _______ is on my desk. My books are on the shelf.
3. In the hot summer, I can turn on the __________________ in my room.
4. There are ________ pictures on the wall.
答案：1. big, nice 2. lamp 3.air-conditioner或lamp 4.many
第六单元 Unit 6： My Village
I live in the village in the countryside.My village is big and beautiful! Look! There are no tall buildings in my village.There are many houses in the village. They are small. There are many high mountains near the houses. There is a big forest behind the houses. There are many animals in the forest. There is a river in front of the houses. The water in the river is clean and the air is fresh. There are many fish in the rivers.
There is a bridge over the river. We can see many big trees, green grass and flowers on the river banks. The river is between our village and my school. There is a lake near the village. We can see many ducks in the lake. I love my village very much.
1. My home is not in the city. It is in a _________ in the countryside.
2. We can see many ___________ and __________ in the forest.
3. The air in our village is _______ because there are no tall buildings and there is a big forest behind the village.
4. I go to school from Monday to Friday and I must go over the __________ because there is a river under it.
答案：1. village 2. animals, trees(动植物名称) 3.fresh 4.bridge
BOOK1 Unit1 Part I Writing
Is a Foreign language Learning Necessary?
Facing translation problems, some people turn to translation software and language tools for help. It seems that one can make it possible to translate any language to another by downloading those software and tools from the Internet.
Offering wide range of translation services such as online translation, language localizations and translation of texts and e-mails, translation software and language tools seem to play an increasing important role in the 21st century. On this point, many people argue that it is unnecessary to learn a foreign language. They think that now that translation software and
language tools are so powerful and convenient, why should one spare no pains to study a foreign language? All in all, they believe dictionaries and human translators will be replaced some day.
However, in my opinion, language learning is necessary. As a student, acquisition of
knowledge should be given top priority, so does language learning. Using their own talents to translate languages will give people much pleasure and a sense of fulfillment and achievement, which can not be gained by using translation software and language tools. So a foreign language learning is necessary.
Part II Reading Comprehension
8 A little teamwork 9. Enriched iron-fortified 10. especially important
Part III Listening Comprehension
11-15 DCBCB 16-20 DACCC
21-25 DBDBC 26-30 BCBCB
36 responsible 37 threaten 38 environment 39 climbers 40 gathered
41 confirmed 42 melting 43 shrinking
44 Researchers say 44 of these lakes could overflow during the next five years.
45 However, they say it may be possible to remove water from the lakes before they
overflow and use that water to create energy.
46 However, researchers say that the Himalayas have been harmed by an increase in visitors to the area, overcutting of trees and other environmental destruction
Part IV Reading Comprehension
47-51 EHALB 52-56 MJDGI
57-61 AADCB 62-66 BACBD
Part V Cloze
67-71 ACBBC 72-76 ABBBCC
77-81 BCBAC 82-86 BABAC
Part VI Translation
87. Now that we have finished the course,
88. Communicating with native English speakers is a very rewarding experience
89. a deep insight into English-speaking countries
90. Just as I was getting out of the car
91.the instructor communicates with students using computer technology
Uint2 Part I Writing Sample
These days the generation gap is a hot social issue. A generation gap refers to the difference in outlook and the lack of understanding between the young and old people. It’s something that exists everywhere in the world.
Different age groups react differently to new things and have different attitudes to traditional customs and beliefs. Because our way of thinking is formed at a young age when we are easily influenced by society, young people look to the future while the elderly prefer thinking about the good old days. Young people like being independent and defiant. However, sometimes their stubborn behaviors hurt old people very much. The older generation’s way of thinking also often lags behind the young one.
If we don’t deal with the problem properly, the gap will get bigger and affect the relation between the young and old in our society. While the young are yelling for understanding, the old could also do with some. Understanding should come from both.
Part II Reading Comprehension (Skimming and Scanning)
1 A. 2. A. 3.B. 4.D. 5. A. 6. D. 7.A.
8. built-in pesticides.
9. their genetic modification of a plant.
10. safety and environmental impacts.
Part III Listening Comprehension
Answers to Section A
11.D 12. A. 13. B. 14. B 15. A. 16. A 17. B 18. D 19. B 20. D
21.A. 22.C. 23. A. 24.C 25. D.
Answers to Section B
26.B 27. D 28. B 29. B 30. C 31.D 32.C 33.D. 34.B. 35.A
Answers to Section C
36. approaching. 37.general. 38. approximately. 39. available.
40. budget 41. illegal. 42. alternatives. 43. admitted
44. Students should also be advised that commuting to campus from a distance is usually very difficult
[Main Points] Students should be advised that commuting to campus from a distance is very difficult
45. On arrival in the United States, students can usually obtain further information on local housing options from the foreign students adviser.
[Main Points] Arriving in America, students can obtain further information on local housing options from the foreign students adviser.
46. A local international hospitality organization may also be a source of assistance in finding a suitable place to live.
[Main Points]A local international hospitality organization may be a source of assistance in finding a suitable place to live
Part IV Reading Comprehension (Reading in Depth)
47. D. 48. G. 49.A. 50. K. 51.O
52. B 53. E. 54. H. 55.N. 56. J
57. A 58.D 59.D. 60.C. 61. B
62. D. 63. A. 64. A. 65.D. 66. B
Part V Cloze
67.B 68.A. 69.C 70.B. 71.A.
72. B 73.C. 74.A. 75.A. 76.C
77.C 78.B. 79.A. 80.C 81.A
82. B. 83. C. 84. B. 85.A. 86.A
Part VI Translation
87.If you stuff the bag too full
88.Please turn up the TV.
89. When you are done, …
90. in any case it’s too late now.
91. keep the children amused.
Unit3 Part I Writing
Should Parents Read Their Children’s Diaries?
Should parents read their children’s diaries? Some say, ―Yes, they should.‖ If the child
seemed to be having a problem and write it down in the diary, then if parents read it, it may help parents to know how to help it. It could help a problem getting completely out of hand.
However, some insist that parents should not read their children’s diaries. Children should be allowed a certain amount of privacy as adults do. If parents have a question about what’s going on with their children, it’s their responsibility to open the channels of communication in different ways than to invade their privacy.
I think that it is wrong to read children’s diaries, no matter what the circumstances are.
M any teens keep diaries so that they have ―someone‖ to talk to, confide in and vent their
frustrations without causing any problems with friends and families. If parents feel their children are in trouble, don’t invade their privacy---that will only make things worse. Instead, talk with them.
Part Ⅱ. Answers to fast reading
1. c. 2. d 3. b 4. b. 5. a 6. c 7. d
8. (being ) an outsider ( looking in ) 9. time-consuming 10. interesting shops and cafes
Part Ⅲ Answers to listening comprehension
11. D. 12. A 13. C. 14. C. 15. B. 16. A 17. A 18. B. 19. B. 20. C. 21. A. 22. A.
23. C. 24. D. 25. A. 26. D. 27. C. 28. B. 29. D. 30. A. 31. D. 32. C. 33. D. 34.
B. 35. C. 36. safely 37. developing 38. wealthy 39. sharply 40. cases. 41. minerals 42. purchased 43. prepared
44. The W.H.O. says this situation raises concerns about the quality of treatments and the lack of professional supervision .
45. the W.H.O. supports the use of traditional medicines when they have been shown to help and to have few risks.
46. governments can also use the guidelines to create media campaigns about the issue.
Part Ⅳ Answers to reading comprehension 1.
47. M 48. C 49. L 50. F 51. K 52. O 53. A 54. H 55. D 56. I
57. C 58. C. 59 B 60. C 61. B 62. D 63. A 64. C 65. B 66. C
Part Ⅴ Answers to cloze:
67-71 ACCAB 72-76 CAABC
77-81 BBCAA 82-86. CACBC
Par t Ⅵ. Translation
87. with a little reluctance
88. Please see to it that you are not late for it.
89. even though I once opposed him
90. lean heavily on their parents to support their life
91. Once you get to know everyone else
Uint4 Part I Writing (30 minutes)
How to Make a Good Impression is the Key Factor to Be Successful in Social Relationship Social relationship is very important part of human life, if you want to be successful in Your social life, you should make a good impression on others, but how to make a good impressions on others,?
You should focus on the first seven seconds during an introduction to your future
Spouse, a job interview, etc. These would help you to make your impression on others. Here Comes a list of advice on how to make a good impression on others during the first seven seconds.
1. You are the message. 2. Be yourself 3.. Use your eyes. 4. Lightened up
I agree with all the things above, because others form an impression about you
based on these: your physical appearance, energy, rate of speech, pitch and tone of voice,
gestures, expression through the eyes, etc. All these means: to make others comfortable and make
yourself feel comfortable, then you would be able to make a good impression and be successful in your social relationship.
Part II Reading Comprehension (Skimming and scanning) (15 minutes)
1) ．D 2) A 3) D 4) C 5) B 6) D 7) A
8) 89 million viewers 9) extrinsic goals 10). intrinsic goals
Part III Listening Comprehension (35 minutes)
11).C 12) C 13) A 14) C 15) A 16) B 17) C 18) A 19) C 20) B
21) A 22) C 23) C 24) C 25) D 26) A 27) B 28) D 29) D 30) B
31) C 32) B 33) D 34) B 35) C
36) variety 37) response 38) usual 39) approach
40) discovered 41) lengthy 42) surveyed 43) possible
44) A list is then presented to the presented to the advisory committee which meets about once a
45) If the committee likes the list, it sends it up to the board of directors that makes the final
46) So there is a possibility that a stamp might be designed, but still never actually go to
Part IV Reading Comprehension (Reading in Depth) (25 minutes)
47) M 48) O 49) J 50) N 51) K 52).G 53) B 54) C 55). A 56) D
57) A 58) D 59) B 60) C 61) B 62) A 63) C 64) B 65) D 66) C
Part V Close (15 minutes)
67-71 ACCBA 72-76 CABCB
77-81 CBACB 82-86 AABAC
Part VI Translation (5 minutes)
87 unconscious forms of expressions
88.all his life ,was committed to
89 the tones of their voices and their gestures matches their words
90 stride into the room and impress others with your qualities
91.All the people fixed their eyes on me,
Uint5 Part I Writing
How to Prevent the Spread of Epidemics?
In recent years, various epidemics, such as SARS, the bird flu and the H1N1 flu, have
appeared to threaten people’s lives. They have caused much trouble to our work and life. It’s high time that made efforts to prevent their spread.
To prevent the spread of infectious disease, local governments should try their best to let everyone know clearly how to lower the risks of being infected using all types of mass media. Every individual should also try to keep healthy and strong. He should exercise regularly, take sufficient sleep, have nutritious food, and stay away from the crowd. He should also try to get rid of bad habits such as smoking and heavy drinking.
When people work together, I am sure that we can succeed in preventing the spread of epidemics.
Part II Reading Comprehension
1～7 Y N NG Y N N Y 8. good health habits 9. much more
10. preventative health care
Part III Listening Comprehension
11～15 BBABD 16～20 CCBAD
21～25 DBABC 26～30 BBADA
36. misunderstood 37. formal 38. weakness 39. Space 40. directly
41. interested 42. polite 43. opposite
44. To show you want the check, make a movement with your hands as you are signing a piece of paper.
45. When they scold them and pat them on the head when admiring them.
46. If you don’t know what to do, the safest thing to do is to smile.
Part IV Reading Comprehension
47～51 MOFHJ 52～56 CIDBL
57～61 DDACB 62～66 BCADD
Part V Cloze
67～71 BBBAA 72～76 CBACC
77～81 ACBAC 82～86 ACBCA
Part VI Translation
87. the way he teaches English
88. Despite a lot of difficulties
89. lack of money and necessary equipment
90. have signed up for this course
91. for fear that someone would recognize him
Uint9 Part I Writing
How to Build Students’ Self-confidence
Being an assured and confident person has many benefits, in personal life as well as in
employment, career development and business. Whatever your aims and ambitions in life may be, building your self-confidence will play an important role in achieving success and overcoming any fears you may have along the way.
One’s self-confidence can be cultivated by using a variety of approaches in school. For example, schools may organize various activities or games and encourage students to join in. Meanwhile, schools should tell students that success is related to the effort and the process of trying to achieve something is more important than the result, for fun as it is, winning is not the main objective. Only when students are not afraid of making mistakes, will they have more chances to develop confidence in themselves.
As college students, we can gain self-confidence by starting with things that are small and much easy to win. Then we keep ourselves grounded and try to make progress one step at a time. In this way, we’ll put ourselves on the path to success——and build the self-confidence that comes with this.
Part II Reading Comprehension(Skimming and Scanning) 1-7 Y Y N Y Y N NG
8. do not mix well
9. electricity for manufacturing
10. the losing of calcium
11-15 D D C C B 16-20 C C B A C
21-25 A D A C B 26-30 A B B C D
31-35 B C A A B
36 accurate 37 predict 38 identifying 39 significant 40 greater
41 attitude 42 contact 43 positive
44. A good ear and the ability to imitate help, but are far less significant than the other three factors
45. the sex of the student and the personality – whether the learner is outgoing or shy
46. Therefore, we have considerable influence over our own progress with pronunciation
Part IV Reading Comprehension (Reading in Depth)
47-56 C M E K N L I B F H
57 -61 D B D A C
62-66 D C B C D
Part V Cloze
67-71 ABACA 72-76 CBAAC
77-81 BABAC 82-86 ABBCA
Part VI Translation
87. It strikes me as odd
88. Should you need any help
89. No matter how difficult a professor’s question is
90. when there is a chance coming
91. you can always catch up later
教材：1. rewarding 2. communicate 3. access 4. embarrassing 5. positive 6. commitment 7. virtual 8. benefits 9. minimum 10. opportunities
IV. 1. up 2. into 3. from 4. with 5. to 6. up 7. of 8. in 9. for 10.with V. 1.G 2.B 3.E 4.I 5.H 6.K 7.M 8.O 9.F 10.C
1. 1.C 2.B 3.D 4. A 5. B
Comprehension of the Text
1.C 2.A 3.B 4.C 5.D 6.B 7.C 8.D
1. community 2. effective 3. unique 4. committed 5. reinforce 6. perspective 7. explicit 8. challenge 9. hindered 10. arose
1. for 2. with 3. on 4. on 5. on 6. of 7. in 8. up 9. of 10.In新视野大学英语（第2版）第1册Unit 2答案
1. appeals 2. identity 3. concern 4. disgusting 5. upset 6. influence 7. offensive
8. burst 9. stuff 10. thorough
1. off/ down 2. off 3. as 4. on 5. for 6. on/upon 7. to 8. over 9. in 10.of V. 1.H 2.F 3.D 4.K 5.B 6.C 7.L 8.I 9.O 10. N
1. accomplish 2. responsibility 3. amount 4. performance 5. alter
6. adapt 7. aroused 8. remarkable 9. investigate 10. entertain
1. out 2.to 3.in 4.from 5.back 6.as 7.with 8.with 9.behind 10.on
1.G 2.L 3.D 4.F 5.K 6.N 7.O 8.I 9.C 10.A
. Should you have any doubt about the plan, please feel free to contact us at any time.
2. We have learned how to face reality instead of escaping from it.
3. It just proves that you can’t hope to turn in a worthy report if you haven’t done enough preparation.
4. We have to face that possibility no matter how unlikely it may sound.
5. The newcomers found it hard to adapt themselves to the climate there.
6. It strikes me as odd that school children are required to come to school two hours before class.
6. 一旦你感到放松后，就把注意力集中在音乐上，看看心中有什么意象出现。 Cloze
1.B 2.C 3.A 4.A 5.B 6.B 7.A 8.C 9.B 110.A 11.A 12.C 3.B 14.C 15.C